Red Bank vs. Maryville

lionheart6508

Hixson and Brainerd, BULLYMOM.

Hixson nearly beat Maryville in the first round in 2000 with the Bullocks brothers playing then for them, and Brainerd surprisingly played Maryville to a close 30-26 contest last year.

Of course, might have just been playoffs jitters, but it's pretty amusing to think that these two teams have had better recent history against Maryville than Red Bank, Cleveland, and Rhea County combined.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the game.

The Maryville offense was a machine. The undersized offensive line blocked great. Burnett had all day to throw and the running backs had plenty of room to run. Brent Burnett was on tonight. He should be recruited by UT. That guy has a laser. Even when he is rushed he has the composure to throw a bullet on the run. Tim Rodrigues and Thomas Shuler ran like wild men. Receivers were great. Except for the bad snap and the fumble by Rodrigues the offense was perfect.

Defense was very solid tonight. Having Caleb Clement back at corner makes a huge difference. Linebackers get better and better each game. Shiver is a hitman back there at safety.

Beast mode HA . Maybe after this beat down Red Bank will learn some respect.The next time Red Bank decides to run down the home side and go across midfield to their side then come back across to the home side huddle up the whole team and chant and taunt the home crowd remember this beating you took because when the Maryville players found out that happened that was all the motivation they needed and they showed you what kicking your butt mode was. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I tried to tell the Red Bank folks earlier that Maryville was Maryville (I will also spend this week telling Sullivan South the same thing), but I think Jim Croce said it best:

You don't tug on Superman's cape

You don't spit into the wind

You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger

And you don't mess around with Maryville, da do da do...

Again, I am a Morristown West fan and would love to see the giant beaten, but you cannot argue with success.

Eye will break this 'un down fer ye.

Mairvul beet Hauls 38-30... 8 point diffrinse. Red Bank beet Hauls 35-7......28 point diffrinse....Thairfour Red Bank will beet Mairvul bye 20 points........ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

[/quote

MORNIN STARS........HAVEN'T READ ALL THRU THIS THING YET , BUT I DO HOPE YOU HAVE GOTTEN ON HERE AND TOLD THESE MARYVILLE BOYS YOU ARE VERY SORRY FOR TALKING AGAINST THEM LAST WEEK ON HERE. LOL

TELL THEM YOU ARE SORRY FOR DOUBTING THEM AND THAT YOU WILL BE ROOTIN FOR EM NEXT FRIDAY NITE.

SHAME ON YOU SON. KUDOS TO YOU BOYS...............

GO MARYVILL REBELS------------------------

You shouldn't come into our house and disrespect our team and our fans. If that is the way you roll then we roll over you. #2 Dominique should be credited with three less tackles than the stat sheet shows because they were not tackles. Mr. Tim Rodrigues introduced himself to Dominique on no less than three occasions where Tim did the punishing. I'm also glad our #2's got on the scoreboard against their #1's. There was a lot of extracurricular activity from RB as the #2's were driving on them to close out the game.

Question for the Maryville folks. Why does the TSSAA have your enrollment listed as 1381 and the Maryville High School web site have the enrollment listed as 1537? Thats a difference of 156 students.

Maryviile will win because they always do. They expect to win. Red Bank hopes to win. Your hopes will be dashed come Friday night. Maryville will find a way to win. But take consolation in the fact you were beaten by a 5-A school.

THEY ARE A 4A SCHOOL.

AND YES THEY EXPECT TO WIN. AND SO FAR THEY HAVE SHOWN THEY CAN BACK IT UP.

NOW LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE DISAPPOINTMENT. IF MARYVILLE CITY DOES THE SCHOOL SYSTEM

THE WAY THEY ARE TALKING, THEY WILL STAY IN 4A.

YOU TAKE ALL THOSES FRESHMEN OUT OF THE HIGH SCHOOL AND STICK THEM IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL OR IN AN ACADEMY OF FRESHMEN ONLY AND YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE

TO MOVE UP TO 5A.

NOW TELL ME HOW P----- OFF ALL THE MARYVILLE HATERS ARE GOING TO BE COME 2009. LOL

OLDWALLANDHIGH eye messed up agin. Last yeer eye picked Red Bank two beet Mairvul by 65 'cause thay beet Brainerd 77-8 and we beet Brainerd 30-26. Of coarse, eye wouldn't beeleeve everthang ole STARS rites on hear. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Last gaim at tha Skeeter fer tha Seenyours. Go out in style fellers.

Go Red Rebels!

coachspanky aftur all tha cab drivers in town haiv a little reefreeshmint, thay need sum of that black tarr coffee two gettum back out on tha rode....so YES.....tha Frog has coffee.....Eye still miss Lowell's Place!!!!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

YEAH STARS, THAT WAS A GOOD PLACE. BUT BEFORE THAT AND MANY YEARS AGO, I MISS WHAT USED TO BE THERE.

REMEMBER?

OF COURSE------------IT WAS THE....................REBEL................GO FIGURE.............LOL

You shouldn't come into our house and disrespect our team and our fans. If that is the way you roll then we roll over you. #2 Dominique should be credited with three less tackles than the stat sheet shows because they were not tackles. Mr. Tim Rodrigues introduced himself to Dominique on no less than three occasions where Tim did the punishing. I'm also glad our #2's got on the scoreboard against their #1's. There was a lot of extracurricular activity from RB as the #2's were driving on them to close out the game.

I was going to stay off of this subject but.... you changed my mind. I agree with your post. I thought it was hilarious last week when QBQUEEN asked about the general behavior of our fans and labeled our cheerleaders as "rude". (Still wondering how cheerleaders could be rude) Different Red Bank players took turns in warmups gesturing and basically taunting the Maryville crowd especially #11. Their entire warmup session was basically a self imposed pep rally. Then the whole team gathered on the HOME sideline and gave it a group effort before leaving the field. BAD IDEA. QBQUEEN I hope you were treated ok and got out of our "war zone" with your life. Might want to talk to your own coach about a few things though, like controlling his own team.

I was going to stay off of this subject but.... you changed my mind. I agree with your post. I thought it was hilarious last week when QBQUEEN asked about the general behavior of our fans and labeled our cheerleaders as "rude". (Still wondering how cheerleaders could be rude) Different Red Bank players took turns in warmups gesturing and basically taunting the Maryville crowd especially #11. Their entire warmup session was basically a self imposed pep rally. Then the whole team gathered on the HOME sideline and gave it a group effort before leaving the field. BAD IDEA. QBQUEEN I hope you were treated ok and got out of our "war zone" with your life. Might want to talk to your own coach about a few things though, like controlling his own team.

What RB did last night before the game is apparently their MO. They did it at their home field against Halls a week ago -- came over to the visitors side and acted quite bush.