Mt. Pleasant @ Jo Byrns

MOTO24

Well I guess I'll do the honors...and believe me it is a honor. Let's get this thing started. If anyone has watched this match-up the past two years then they know that a prediction is hogwash. We all know that both teams are very good and it will take each teams very best effort. Put it this way...I don't think either team believes that they can play like they have played all year and win the game. It will take each teams very best effort. It's already time to start preparing for this game; JB finished their game 1st so I'll give them the upper hand right now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's how close I think this game will be. I can't wait! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I'll do the honors...and believe me it is a honor. Let's get this thing started. If anyone has watched this match-up the past two years then they know that a prediction is hogwash. We all know that both teams are very good and it will take each teams very best effort. Put it this way...I don't think either team believes that they can play like they have played all year and win the game. It will take each teams very best effort. It's already time to start preparing for this game; JB finished their game 1st so I'll give them the upper hand right now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's how close I think this game will be. I can't wait! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I can't wait either. I can wait on that terrible drive though. I hope you have some food ready when I get there. After a 2 1/2 hr drive I'll be /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I can't wait. That's about all I can say right now 'cause I'm excited about the whole thing. This game has so much involved. Of course the most important thing is the chance for one of these teams to advance and the opportunity for these young men to showcase their talent and heart. But then there is us...us being the folks on here and in the stands come Friday nite. I know this game will be just like the past 2 as far as the electricity in the air, and that just gives me-and just gave me-chills!!! This week represents, for me, the whole reason I started posting on here in the 1st place. All the talk and comparisons of the past 2 years and how it relates to this game...even though it don't mean squat. Then there is the added element of 2 Mr.Football nominees duking it out. It's as close to "Heisman-like" atmosphere as many of us will ever get. Let's get it on ...as in 1000 posts let's get it on!!!

I can't wait. That's about all I can say right now 'cause I'm excited about the whole thing. This game has so much involved. Of course the most important thing is the chance for one of these teams to advance and the opportunity for these young men to showcase their talent and heart. But then there is us...us being the folks on here and in the stands come Friday nite. I know this game will be just like the past 2 as far as the electricity in the air, and that just gives me-and just gave me-chills!!! This week represents, for me, the whole reason I started posting on here in the 1st place. All the talk and comparisons of the past 2 years and how it relates to this game...even though it don't mean squat. Then there is the added element of 2 Mr.Football nominees duking it out. It's as close to "Heisman-like" atmosphere as many of us will ever get. Let's get it on ...as in 1000 posts let's get it on!!!

I do like the thought of having two Mr. Football candidates on the field at the same time. That should be awsome. I assume the ballots have already been counted for this award? If not when do they vote? I'm sure either would give it up for a state championship if they had the choice.

I do like the thought of having two Mr. Football candidates on the field at the same time. That should be awsome. I assume the ballots have already been counted for this award? If not when do they vote? I'm sure either would give it up for a state championship if they had the choice.

I'm sure you are exactly right. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

who is the candidate for JB ?

It is about time JB and it's players were recognized.

Congratulations Mt. Pleasant on your victory. This is the game that the fans wanted to see. No disrespect to Cascade and Coach Parker, but the last two years of history between JBS and MTP has made this a very special game. JBS has nicer bleachers and a nicer concessions area than when you were here two years ago. Have a safe trip up. Hopefully, this game will be a classic. (JBS fans in the bleachers,I am sure that bunch on the sidelines are raising cane, you need to get off your behinds this week yell and scream. The fans need to get behind the players. Last night if your butts were froze to the bleachers and your mouths froze shut do something to fix it or let's just save some open seats for people who may come from around Robetson County and maybe they will apprecieate this football team and yell for them. This team deserves more better vocal fan support than what many of you are giving. Where the noise makers, where are the palm palms, where are your screams!!!! You have been seeing the best period of Red Devil football history show some apprecieation. I bet MTP does not take their winning teams for granted )

ALRIGHT! It's official. Since its now 3 years in a row that mTp/JB's has met in the 3rd round, especially around Thanksgiving, I am now hear-by declaring this classical meeting to be known as the "Turkey Bowl"! The loser of this competition will have to go back home to Mama's house and finish off all of the Thanksgiving leftovers in a gluttonous, self pitying indulgence, while the winner moves on to keep practicing their rears off in search for yet another victory. What do you guys say? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />