Dobyns Bennett

Tribefb

Thanks to the seniors for a great year and good luck to all of you guys.Many people didn't think DB would even get to the playoffs or even have more wins than defeats. You guys have a ton of heart and gave the fans a super year!!! I hope the underclassmen have been taught something by you guys.Now,thoughts about next year?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job this year seniors! All year you showed class and the Indian tradition. Your heart and drive made this year succesful, hope to hear about some of you on Saturday's. Good luck in your future endeavors.

For next year, this goes against what everybody assumes, but from an adult insider who appears to be in the loop with the coaches and the Quarterback Club...Jordan Roop appears to be the quarterback for next year. I do not have much knowledge about players from the junior varsity, I know of a few players from the freshman team that might be included next year, but from last night's starting lineup, these are the positions to be filled:

Offense

QB

RB #32 Chris Sensabaugh (Fr.)

FB

TE #9 James Templeton (Jr.)

WR #10 Jamie Crawford (Jr.)

WR

RT

RG

C #67 Ryan Church (Jr.)

LG

LT

Included: #2 Justin Sylvester (Jr.), position for next year unknown, #45 Jordan Lawson (Jr.), will most likely be at fullback

Defense

DE #66 Zack Fleming (Jr.)

N

DE #65 Will Bateman (Jr.)

LB

LB

LB #47 Jason Michael (So.)

OLB

OLB

CB #2 Justin Sylvester (Jr.)

FS

CB

Punter #28 Joe Doran (Jr.)

Kicker #16 Craig Mitcham (Jr.)

Included: #45 Jordan Lawson (Jr.), #9 James Templeton (Jr.), and #8 Brad Hoover (Jr.) will most likely accompany Jason Michael in the linebacker spots.

Any help is appreciated.

Look for the Indians o-line to be strong once again next year with #68 Andrew Tompkins, #67 Ryan church, #65 Bateman, #66 Tilden Flemming, and many more solid players to help up front. At the skill positions look for Edwards and Templeton to play at the tight end position. Of course the all mighty #32 at halfback, and # 45 Jordan Lawson to be in at fullback. Crawford will more than likely go back to QB. Look for Justin Sylvester and Sterling Throp to pay at wide outs.

Now on the other side of the ball we will have the lock down ends with Bateman, Flemming, Carter, and maybe Bowyer.

The nose position looks like it will plug up the middle pretty well with Samuel Collins and Andrew Tompkins playing in there. Then theres linebacker which we should be much stronger at this year with experienced upcoming Jr. Jason Michaels, And James Templeton. Look for #52 Robby Bowyer and # 45 Jordan Lawson to move in at the backer position to compete for Mike linebacker. The secondary looks questionable but im sure we will find quality players to fill the positions with the only returning starter back #2 Justin Sylvester who is a darn good corner. But look for players like Throp, Tyler Brown, and maybe Upcoming sophomore Derek Steele who has a set of wheels on him to fill those positions nicely.

The future of the tribe looks good to me.

Roll Tribe

Great job this year seniors! All year you showed class and the Indian tradition. Your heart and drive made this year succesful, hope to hear about some of you on Saturday's. Good luck in your future endeavors.

For next year, this goes against what everybody assumes, but from an adult insider who appears to be in the loop with the coaches and the Quarterback Club...Jordan Roop appears to be the quarterback for next year. I do not have much knowledge about players from the junior varsity, I know of a few players from the freshman team that might be included next year, but from last night's starting lineup, these are the positions to be filled:

Offense

QB

RB #32 Chris Sensabaugh (Fr.)

FB

TE #9 James Templeton (Jr.)

WR #10 Jamie Crawford (Jr.)

WR

RT

RG

C #67 Ryan Church (Jr.)

LG

LT

Included: #2 Justin Sylvester (Jr.), position for next year unknown, #45 Jordan Lawson (Jr.), will most likely be at fullback

Defense

DE #66 Zack Fleming (Jr.)

N

DE #65 Will Bateman (Jr.)

LB

LB

LB #47 Jason Michael (So.)

OLB

OLB

CB #2 Justin Sylvester (Jr.)

FS

CB

Punter #28 Joe Doran (Jr.)

Kicker #16 Craig Mitcham (Jr.)

Included: #45 Jordan Lawson (Jr.), #9 James Templeton (Jr.), and #8 Brad Hoover (Jr.) will most likely accompany Jason Michael in the linebacker spots.

Any help is appreciated.

Rupley from what Jamies Dad said last nite after the game he hoped Jamie didn't play football at all next year.That's the inside scoop.Roop will be a good QB,just ask SC=hinck6700.

This thread is a great example of one of the things I like about sports. You do your best, exhibit good sportsmanship, look to the past primarily to learn from it ( plus good memories ), and after the last game is over, you start preparing for the future.

Congratulations on a fine season DB, and hats off to some good fans.

Ya think /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think there might be a little drinking going on at plowboy2's house tonight.

Waco,looking back on some earier post,someone said that we didn't even need a QB.Maybe next year the coaches will do as ''he'' wanted this year and just snap the ball to Chris.When you think about it,that will take the hardship out of having to make a pitch or keep it.Somebody may have solved the QB debate for the 2008 season.Wow,just put two tight ends in and some blocking backs .He may have solved the worry of having someone out wide to catch a pass as well.He said it,who needs a QB anyway,just snap it to Chris.It really doesn't sound like a bad ideal plowboy has.

Rupley from what Jamies Dad said last nite after the game he hoped Jamie didn't play football at all next year.That's the inside scoop.Roop will be a good QB,just ask SC=hinck6700.

Exactly who is SC. My initials are JH. I don't care who knows who I am, my user name should say it all. And yes, I think if they go with Roop he will be a good QB. I also thought before this season started that Crawford would be a better fit this year at QB. Easy for me to Monday Morning QB after the season is over.