REAL state contenders (Single A)

ZionEAGLESrUNDERATED

Why dont we wait and see how zion does in a few games first. Maybe they know something we dont know. THey might have a secret weapon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously, the next 3 weeks will tell the story, with Sante Fe, Summertown, Wayne Co and Perry Co all on their schedule. If Zion can make it through those teams they can make a run at state.

zions a very young team, 1 sen. 1 jr. 4 soph. and 6 fresh. even if they dont do so well this year their definatly condenders for the next couple of years. they have a couple of good freshmen, namely their starting center whos 6'5'', and also have a couple of great perimeter sophmores.so be looking for zion in the future...wether they'll be good enough for state this year is still questionable. even if they dont start out well, its february that matters

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe you should check us out now, but wait, Cosby left our district and went to a cupcake district so that probably won't happen. By the way, do you remember who won the district championship last year and who went home in last place. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hey big boy guess what you havnt done anything yet. remember what happened when u came to cosby last year? i think we beat u by 25 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . listen since 1997( the last 10 years) we been to the state tourney 6 times. state runner-up twice. when u get in company like that, come holler at me, but thats not gunna happen. the reason we switched districts is because we got tired of driving 2 hours to every district game, by the way we either won the reagular season or district tourney 5 years in a row. im not tryin to brag but ur not runnin ur mouth to some garbage program, we're tough year in, year out. yea u had a real good year last year 30-3 an got put out in the region semis /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . that means play some body or recruit a lil better so u can win down the stretch.

hey big boy guess what you havnt done anything yet. remember what happened when u came to cosby last year? i think we beat u by 25 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . listen since 1997( the last 10 years) we been to the state tourney 6 times. state runner-up twice. when u get in company like that, come holler at me, but thats not gunna happen. the reason we switched districts is because we got tired of driving 2 hours to every district game, by the way we either won the reagular season or district tourney 5 years in a row. im not tryin to brag but ur not runnin ur mouth to some garbage program, we're tough year in, year out. yea u had a real good year last year 30-3 an got put out in the region semis /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . that means play some body or recruit a lil better so u can win down the stretch.

Remember what happened when you left Grace last year, we beat you by 27. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats on your last 10 years and 6 state appearances and I assume you guys have had a basketball program for at least the past 20 years or so. Well, this is only our 5th year of basketball at Grace and I think that we have done pretty good and are obviously getting better. So yes I will give you a holler when we establish as many years as you guys have had and pass your accomplishments up......and yes, it will happen. Good luck this season and I really, really, really do hope that the Rams and the Eagles meet somewhere down the road this year.

Remember what happened when you left Grace last year, we beat you by 27. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats on your last 10 years and 6 state appearances and I assume you guys have had a basketball program for at least the past 20 years or so. Well, this is only our 5th year of basketball at Grace and I think that we have done pretty good and are obviously getting better. So yes I will give you a holler when we establish as many years as you guys have had and pass your accomplishments up......and yes, it will happen. Good luck this season and I really, really, really do hope that the Rams and the Eagles meet somewhere down the road this year.

that will be fine with me were not afraid of anyone, honestly u probly have the better team this year and should go pretty deep. i was just sayin west tenn basketball is way ahead of us, an when u got to the state tourny it would get ugly an u got all offensive. good luck tho

Grace Christian Academy returns everyone from their 30-3 season last year. They should be one of the contenders from the East.

haha no way man!

Grace wont make it out of region unless they wake up and start playing like a team that wants to get out of region, CSAS ( state-runner up 2007) beat them in a game that was all CSAS, had second team players in the game in the second half

grace just wont do it against CSAS this year, those men on East third street got it goin right now!

Single A has run through Chattanooga for a while now. CSAS is the class of single A ball in Tennessee this season.

I saw this CSAS school play against whoever they played in the semi's and against Temple in the finals...IF their the class of Single A ball, that's funny!!!! Come play in District 14A...I'd bet my money on Union City beating you, Humboldt beating you, Lake Co. beating you, and Trenton beating you...Heck, I bet the Halls Tigers would give CSAS a run for their money!!! Last years state championship was played in the semi-finals between Temple and Humboldt! CSAS would've been under-sized to Humboldt and wouldn't of had the speed of Humboldt...Now with that said Union City WAS the best team in the state last year...You East TN folks say "well they weren't in the boro"...well let's just say this, (remember I have nothing to do with UC) last years Union City team WOULD HAVE beaten Temple by atleast 20!!!! You thought Humboldt might've been fast, multiply that times two and the points times two and you have Union City Golden Tornadoes! If UC does not win in the boro this year it'll be the biggest disappointment for UC in the history of their basketball!!! Union City IS the best team in the state this year and that goes to show with their strength of schedule and their wins...thus far this season they have defeated AA Jackson South Side, AA STATE RUNNER-UP Memphis Mitchell, A state tournament team Humboldt...Dresden, South Fulton, Halls (their in the district, had to be played)...they are also competing in a National Tournament in Arkansas as well this season and also The Battle of the State (invitationals of course!)...Tell me any Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 ppg!! Union City, Class A State Champs, bet on it!

haha no way man!

Grace wont make it out of region unless they wake up and start playing like a team that wants to get out of region, CSAS ( state-runner up 2007) beat them in a game that was all CSAS, had second team players in the game in the second half

grace just wont do it against CSAS this year, those men on East third street got it goin right now!

Hey tdaddypat, I think you are little confused. Grace Christian Academy (Knoxville) has never played CSAS. Apparently you guys played Grace Baptist Academy out of Chattanooga.

I saw this CSAS school play against whoever they played in the semi's and against Temple in the finals...IF their the class of Single A ball, that's funny!!!! Come play in District 14A...I'd bet my money on Union City beating you, Humboldt beating you, Lake Co. beating you, and Trenton beating you...Heck, I bet the Halls Tigers would give CSAS a run for their money!!! Last years state championship was played in the semi-finals between Temple and Humboldt! CSAS would've been under-sized to Humboldt and wouldn't of had the speed of Humboldt...Now with that said Union City WAS the best team in the state last year...You East TN folks say "well they weren't in the boro"...well let's just say this, (remember I have nothing to do with UC) last years Union City team WOULD HAVE beaten Temple by atleast 20!!!! You thought Humboldt might've been fast, multiply that times two and the points times two and you have Union City Golden Tornadoes! If UC does not win in the boro this year it'll be the biggest disappointment for UC in the history of their basketball!!! Union City IS the best team in the state this year and that goes to show with their strength of schedule and their wins...thus far this season they have defeated AA Jackson South Side, AA STATE RUNNER-UP Memphis Mitchell, A state tournament team Humboldt...Dresden, South Fulton, Halls (their in the district, had to be played)...they are also competing in a National Tournament in Arkansas as well this season and also The Battle of the State (invitationals of course!)...Tell me any Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 ppg!! Union City, Class A State Champs, bet on it!

CSAS is actually averaging 76.75 ppg but those stats mean nothing.....

Be careful about builing up UC just like last year, just so they wont make the tournament again.....I know they are quite good, but CSAS traveled a road that no one in the world would have predicted for them to make and they were all juniors and this year the are running through people.

It should be a good year for single A...Hopefully the buro will provide some excitement yet again.....

Actually Cosby beat Grace by more than 30 at Cosby last year. My 2006 team went 34-2 and we actually played somebody. It doesnt matter how long you have a program if you stack a team. I could start a highschool tomarrow and If I picked up the Tn travelers to go to school there it wouldnt be a big deal. I like a lot of the kids who play for Grace, slush and hankins are cool cats, but I hate when kids who dont even play get on here talkin cash $h!t. Its cool though man. root for your team, just dont put them in the same category as Cosby.

CSAS is actually averaging 76.75 ppg but those stats mean nothing.....

Be careful about builing up UC just like last year, just so they wont make the tournament again.....I know they are quite good, but CSAS traveled a road that no one in the world would have predicted for them to make and they were all juniors and this year the are running through people.

It should be a good year for single A...Hopefully the buro will provide some excitement yet again.....

Don't forget the competition difference in the teams CSAS has played and the teams UC has played...Union City goes to these "Battle OF The State" tournaments because they are good, yes, but it's also to play better competition such as Brentwood Acadamy and all the big schools that should be beating them but are not...Same goes with Memphis Mitchell beating them, they have several D1 athletes on that team, Union City beat 'em...AA South Side, always good in basketball, beat 'em...unless an upset happens like last year (which is possible), Union City should be in the state tournament...anything is possible, but after I saw last years A State Tournament teams and compared them to Union City, I kinda laughed...I do believe the teams from the West will be Union City and Mannassas as Mannassas has defeated AA Mitchell as well this year and they seem to be off to a great state!