REAL state contenders (Single A)

ZionEAGLESrUNDERATED

I was mostly aiming it at the East TN folks...West TN ball is played at a much higher pace and against better talent...to alexthegr8, if I remember right, basketball is a game of outscoring the opponent...no matter how many points you give up a win is a win, correct??? Ok, with that aside onto rickbol, The reason we lost all of our betting last year on UC is because they were truly the best team in the state, whether you believe it or not my friend..I have no connections, ties, family, or anything in the UC system...I watched the State Tournaments last year in Murfreesboro and the Single A teams that were there would've been an average team in Dist. 14A...Temple would've struggled with the top 4 or 5 in 14A...Humboldt played poorly against Temple and if you noticed when Temple tried to play Humboldt, Union City, Lake Co., and Trenton style of basketball Temple started struggling and that's when Humboldt came back from 16 down...If the game would've been up-tempo all game it would've easily have been a blowout...If East TN had their best teams at the state tournament last year, then Union City was clearly the best by far last year...facts are facts!

Sorry G.C..I knew you were talking about Chatt. teams but I saw that you said any Single A team in the State..I figured you were going to come back that we haven't played anybody anyway..even after I said it..But..We'll find out more about Lake Co Tues. night against Humboldt and Friday night against Trenton!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry G.C..I knew you were talking about Chatt. teams but I saw that you said any Single A team in the State..I figured you were going to come back that we haven't played anybody anyway..even after I said it..But..We'll find out more about Lake Co Tues. night against Humboldt and Friday night against Trenton!

I'm glad you pointed that out to me actually..I didn't realize Lake Co. was scoring that many points...I don't think anyone can beat Union City's points total from last year lol...I remember going to Dresden and watching Union City and Trenton play and Union City ended up with 130 points!!!!!!!

what lol....how many times has a chattanooga team beat a Memphis team? You can take your best Chattanooga team down to Memphis and you will see how many points will be scored on them. One of your top teams got beat last year by Mitchell and the list goes on.

Ummm buddy the only Memphis/chattanooga matchup that I know of last year was CSAS/Westside and CSAS won. Temple beat humboldt(i kow they are not memphis but they are west tn.) We all know that Memphis/west tn basketball is more face paced than everyone else in the state but Temple and CSAS were smart enough not to try to run up and down the floor with those teams thats why they won westside only scored 52 on CSAS and Humboldt only scored 61 on temple...

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm buddy the only Memphis/chattanooga matchup that I know of last year was CSAS/Westside and CSAS won. Temple beat humboldt(i kow they are not memphis but they are west tn.) We all know that Memphis/west tn basketball is more face paced than everyone else in the state but Temple and CSAS were smart enough not to try to run up and down the floor with those teams thats why they won westside only scored 52 on CSAS and Humboldt only scored 61 on temple...

dont worry this year when you see Manassas Play you will think different

Manassas will speed up the pace and if you are down 20 how can you slow it down.

Single A good teams fall into about 4 tiers........

Top tier...... Union City

Second tier...... Manassas, CSAS, Humbolt

Third Tier....... Culleoka, Moore Co, Lake Co, Peabody, Middleton,

Fourth Tier......Grace Baptist, Pickett Co, Nashville Christian, Richland.....

All of these teams will not make it to state, due to the fact that there is more than 8, and that 2 extremely week teams from the East will get to go because they will not play anyone until the first round of the state and then get blown out by 30+.......

The Champion will come out of the WEST, probably in all three classes, How does enrollment work for UC, do the kids that live in the city only go to the school and county kids go to Obion or what.....

Single A good teams fall into about 4 tiers........

Top tier...... Union City

Second tier...... Manassas, CSAS, Humbolt

Third Tier....... Culleoka, Moore Co, Lake Co, Peabody, Middleton,

Fourth Tier......Grace Baptist, Pickett Co, Nashville Christian, Richland.....

All of these teams will not make it to state, due to the fact that there is more than 8, and that 2 extremely week teams from the East will get to go because they will not play anyone until the first round of the state and then get blown out by 30+.......

The Champion will come out of the WEST, probably in all three classes, How does enrollment work for UC, do the kids that live in the city only go to the school and county kids go to Obion or what.....

I actually like the odds of that happening this year, however anything can happen. I am from Dyer County but live in the midstate. The four best teams I've gotten to see this year were ALL from the west, HOWEVER, that doesn't mean anything cause all I can speak for are about 20 teams.