REAL state contenders (Single A)

ZionEAGLESrUNDERATED

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett Co. will be a serious contender. They have two starters out right now. There big guy TC Capps is out for 2 or 3 more weeks with a sprained ankel. But they have looked very good in there first two games.....They beat Grace Baptist without a single guy over 6'2" that played, and they played AAA White Co. close until Coach Bibb took Jacob Wright out with 3 or 4 mins left because he got an intentional foul and Bibb wanted to make a point. Jacob is looking very good.....28 pts against Grace.....20 against White Co.

Pickett Co. will be a serious contender. They have two starters out right now. There big guy TC Capps is out for 2 or 3 more weeks with a sprained ankel. But they have looked very good in there first two games.....They beat Grace Baptist without a single guy over 6'2" that played, and they played AAA White Co. close until Coach Bibb took Jacob Wright out with 3 or 4 mins left because he got an intentional foul and Bibb wanted to make a point. Jacob is looking very good.....28 pts against Grace.....20 against White Co.

Pickett could have won the game if they would have been playing team ball.Why would you try to take the ball in if you have 2 or 3 players gaurding you instead of throwing it out to a open teammate for an open shot.They were some bad calls both ways,and the clock people kept messing up.Pickett did pretty good against a AAA school,and Sparta has a really good team.One player trying to score all the points don`t win to many games.

Grace Christian Academy returns everyone from their 30-3 season last year. They should be one of the contenders from the East.

ive been watchin the state tourney for about ten years now, and one thing ive seen you gotta have a big man that can really play, and you dont got one. 6' ft wannamaker isnt gonna cut it. good luck though. i will say this much since cosby is gone you wont lose a game in the district.

ive been watchin the state tourney for about ten years now, and one thing ive seen you gotta have a big man that can really play, and you dont got one. 6' ft wannamaker isnt gonna cut it. good luck though. i will say this much since cosby is gone you wont lose a game in the district.

Well maybe you should check us out now, but wait, Cosby left our district and went to a cupcake district so that probably won't happen. By the way, do you remember who won the district championship last year and who went home in last place. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

After seeing what our Bobcats did to Grace with 2 starters out, they have a great shot at the state. As for White Co., I agree that jacob needed to pass the ball off instead of forcing so many shots. What was with their clock person? They messed up the score in both the girls' and boys' games and they messed up the time, especially in the boys' game. When they were trying to get the score right they let about a minute rin off from 6 plus minutes in the 4th to 5 plus minutes. The game should have been over a minute longer. But, it didn't really matter. The 'cats played well but need to remember to play more team ball and this one didn't count anyway.

It helps to have a big man...But you don't have to have one....Two years ago when Union City won it all they beat a team(Grace) with a 6'10" guy(McMasters) and he was getting guarded by a kid 6'0" tall....

It helps to have a big man...But you don't have to have one....Two years ago when Union City won it all they beat a team(Grace) with a 6'10" guy(McMasters) and he was getting guarded by a kid 6'0" tall....

Good point Purple & Gold. We actually do have more size this year but it's defense that wins games.

Why dont we wait and see how zion does in a few games first. Maybe they know something we dont know. THey might have a secret weapon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously, the next 3 weeks will tell the story, with Sante Fe, Summertown, Wayne Co and Perry Co all on their schedule. If Zion can make it through those teams they can make a run at state.

After seeing what our Bobcats did to Grace with 2 starters out, they have a great shot at the state. As for White Co., I agree that jacob needed to pass the ball off instead of forcing so many shots. What was with their clock person? They messed up the score in both the girls' and boys' games and they messed up the time, especially in the boys' game. When they were trying to get the score right they let about a minute rin off from 6 plus minutes in the 4th to 5 plus minutes. The game should have been over a minute longer. But, it didn't really matter. The 'cats played well but need to remember to play more team ball and this one didn't count anyway.

I would be careful about letting a decisive win over Grace be my benchmark for determining what kind of shot you have at making it to state. They are really not that good.