REAL state contenders (Single A)

ZionEAGLESrUNDERATED

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this CSAS school play against whoever they played in the semi's and against Temple in the finals...IF their the class of Single A ball, that's funny!!!! Come play in District 14A...I'd bet my money on Union City beating you, Humboldt beating you, Lake Co. beating you, and Trenton beating you...Heck, I bet the Halls Tigers would give CSAS a run for their money!!! Last years state championship was played in the semi-finals between Temple and Humboldt! CSAS would've been under-sized to Humboldt and wouldn't of had the speed of Humboldt...Now with that said Union City WAS the best team in the state last year...You East TN folks say "well they weren't in the boro"...well let's just say this, (remember I have nothing to do with UC) last years Union City team WOULD HAVE beaten Temple by atleast 20!!!! You thought Humboldt might've been fast, multiply that times two and the points times two and you have Union City Golden Tornadoes! If UC does not win in the boro this year it'll be the biggest disappointment for UC in the history of their basketball!!! Union City IS the best team in the state this year and that goes to show with their strength of schedule and their wins...thus far this season they have defeated AA Jackson South Side, AA STATE RUNNER-UP Memphis Mitchell, A state tournament team Humboldt...Dresden, South Fulton, Halls (their in the district, had to be played)...they are also competing in a National Tournament in Arkansas as well this season and also The Battle of the State (invitationals of course!)...Tell me any Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 ppg!! Union City, Class A State Champs, bet on it!

The people who listened to you guys say the same thing last year don't have anything left to place a bet with. They lost it all betting on UC last year when you all said they were a lock to win state. Long season.

I saw this CSAS school play against whoever they played in the semi's and against Temple in the finals...IF their the class of Single A ball, that's funny!!!! Come play in District 14A...I'd bet my money on Union City beating you, Humboldt beating you, Lake Co. beating you, and Trenton beating you...Heck, I bet the Halls Tigers would give CSAS a run for their money!!! Last years state championship was played in the semi-finals between Temple and Humboldt! CSAS would've been under-sized to Humboldt and wouldn't of had the speed of Humboldt...Now with that said Union City WAS the best team in the state last year...You East TN folks say "well they weren't in the boro"...well let's just say this, (remember I have nothing to do with UC) last years Union City team WOULD HAVE beaten Temple by atleast 20!!!! You thought Humboldt might've been fast, multiply that times two and the points times two and you have Union City Golden Tornadoes! If UC does not win in the boro this year it'll be the biggest disappointment for UC in the history of their basketball!!! Union City IS the best team in the state this year and that goes to show with their strength of schedule and their wins...thus far this season they have defeated AA Jackson South Side, AA STATE RUNNER-UP Memphis Mitchell, A state tournament team Humboldt...Dresden, South Fulton, Halls (their in the district, had to be played)...they are also competing in a National Tournament in Arkansas as well this season and also The Battle of the State (invitationals of course!)...Tell me any Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 ppg!! Union City, Class A State Champs, bet on it!

G.C.Pioneer..I know your're going to say we haven't played anybody..but I'm just answering the question you asked about what Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 points..........I can give you one.....Lake Co............Lake Co scored 82 vs Brighton...91 vs West Carrol...62 vs Gleason...85 vs South Fulton...79 vs.Bradford...92 vs Fulton Co...70 vs Halls...That's 561 total points= 80 points a game.....The starters were pulled early in the games against West Carrol,Gleason,South Fulton,Bradford,and Fulton Co..Could have been several 100 point games considering one was 85 and two in the 90's...So..not only are they averaging 80...could be close to 90 if Coach Whitby wanted..

G.C.Pioneer..I know your're going to say we haven't played anybody..but I'm just answering the question you asked about what Single A team in the state that is averaging 75 points..........I can give you one.....Lake Co............Lake Co scored 82 vs Brighton...91 vs West Carrol...62 vs Gleason...85 vs South Fulton...79 vs.Bradford...92 vs Fulton Co...70 vs Halls...That's 561 total points= 80 points a game.....The starters were pulled early in the games against West Carrol,Gleason,South Fulton,Bradford,and Fulton Co..Could have been several 100 point games considering one was 85 and two in the 90's...So..not only are they averaging 80...could be close to 90 if Coach Whitby wanted..

I was mostly aiming it at the East TN folks...West TN ball is played at a much higher pace and against better talent...to alexthegr8, if I remember right, basketball is a game of outscoring the opponent...no matter how many points you give up a win is a win, correct??? Ok, with that aside onto rickbol, The reason we lost all of our betting last year on UC is because they were truly the best team in the state, whether you believe it or not my friend..I have no connections, ties, family, or anything in the UC system...I watched the State Tournaments last year in Murfreesboro and the Single A teams that were there would've been an average team in Dist. 14A...Temple would've struggled with the top 4 or 5 in 14A...Humboldt played poorly against Temple and if you noticed when Temple tried to play Humboldt, Union City, Lake Co., and Trenton style of basketball Temple started struggling and that's when Humboldt came back from 16 down...If the game would've been up-tempo all game it would've easily have been a blowout...If East TN had their best teams at the state tournament last year, then Union City was clearly the best by far last year...facts are facts!

Union City....They played against a GOOD AA school in Jackson South Side and beat them 95-80...They played last years AA state runner up in Memphis Mitchell (I heard that they were better than last year) and beat them 89-88!!!! Tell me a single A school that can match Union City point for point!!!

Humboldt as well....last year they made it to state in Single A and made it to the semi-finals to get beat by Temple...Humboldt returns everyone back except for post player Derek Sain...

It'll be Humboldt and Union City from the west!!!

manansas can

If East TN had their best teams at the state tournament last year, then Union City was clearly the best by far last year...facts are facts!

You're right...facts are facts and it's a fact that an East TN team took home that gold ball last year. Last time I checked, they don't hand out a trophy for the "Best Team Not Making the State Tournament". Before I get blasted, let me add that I'm from Middle TN, so I have no ties to the East....Good luck to all teams this year on their quest to the 'Boro.

One of the big differences between Chattanooga ball and Memphis is that we (Chattanooga) put more stock in how many points we give up rather than how many we score...

what lol....how many times has a chattanooga team beat a Memphis team? You can take your best Chattanooga team down to Memphis and you will see how many points will be scored on them. One of your top teams got beat last year by Mitchell and the list goes on.

I'd also like to add that Manassas is averaging 82 points a game against memphis schools in AA and AAA and a prep school pretty impressive to me

I'd also like to add that Manassas is averaging 82 points a game against memphis schools in AA and AAA and a prep school pretty impressive to me

Manansas is the truth. They have size and speed. The 6'9 kid is a beat on the floor. Manansas will definately represent in single A.

what lol....how many times has a chattanooga team beat a Memphis team? You can take your best Chattanooga team down to Memphis and you will see how many points will be scored on them. One of your top teams got beat last year by Mitchell and the list goes on.

No doubt Memphis has the best athletes in the state... I never said they didn't but "One of your top teams" got beat last year by Temple... Some of the scores ya'll are putting up are rediculus - -110 to 88! You know the old saying, "offence comes and goes but defense wins championships!"