Union City-Humboldt

mrbigster

I actually thought it was a good game..U.C. controlled the game in the first half and held on..Had Humboldt hit the free throws at the end..could have been a different game ..And with U.C. clinging to a 1 point lead..Epperson was called for a foul with U.C. making the basket and the free throw..That was the key to the game at the end..All in all..a good game by both teams..I thought # 31..#4 and M.J. played really well..Polk hit a couple baskets at a crucial time..And I believe #2 hit a shot when Humboldt was about to take the lead!

I believe you may be talking about Andre Coby or Tony Wilkins that hit a couple of baskets when Humboldt was ready to take the lead.I dont think that Pat Polk scored last nite.The 3 point play by Tony Wilkins was very big and then the 3 pointer by Lovan Mosley was the dagger.He has made two big 3s so far.When the score was tied against Mitchell late in the game,Mosley hit the 3 with 1:30 left in the game to put UC in the lead for good.I thought that it was a good game,and believe that UC and Humboldt will be the 2 teams out of our region in the sub state.Also thought that Charles Taylor and Cordero Wade had very good games last nite.I see UC losing their only game in the regular season at the Poplar Bluff tourney.Think that we will win the Battle Of The State and go on to win the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrbigster,

greenfield beat bradford last nite. greenfield beat them pretty good. if one of the boys on our team had hit the three pointers that he usually hits, it would have been more of a blow out than it was. this young man usually hits very well from three point land, but last nite he just couldnt get it to fall. maybe it was first game jitters. i dont know. but, if he'd hit at his usual percentage, then this game would have been a massacre.

reggie mchaney had a great nite shooting and handling the ball. our big fella, andrew shane, was a rebounding and shot alternating machine. the others all pitched in as well. daniel ricketts, the 6'3" wr from the football team also had a good game underneath. the jackets may be the one fighting for that fourth place spot in a very, very tough region 7, district 14a.

I believe you may be talking about Andre Coby or Tony Wilkins that hit a couple of baskets when Humboldt was ready to take the lead.I dont think that Pat Polk scored last nite.The 3 point play by Tony Wilkins was very big and then the 3 pointer by Lovan Mosley was the dagger.He has made two big 3s so far.When the score was tied against Mitchell late in the game,Mosley hit the 3 with 1:30 left in the game to put UC in the lead for good.I thought that it was a good game,and believe that UC and Humboldt will be the 2 teams out of our region in the sub state.Also thought that Charles Taylor and Cordero Wade had very good games last nite.I see UC losing their only game in the regular season at the Poplar Bluff tourney.Think that we will win the Battle Of The State and go on to win the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP.

I believe Polk hit a shot from three early in the game and it seems like somebody fouled out and he came in the last quarter and hit a three..I could be wrong but he has a pretty good shot..

As for the only loss..You didn't list the loss to Lake Co...lol

mrbigster,

greenfield beat bradford last nite. greenfield beat them pretty good. if one of the boys on our team had hit the three pointers that he usually hits, it would have been more of a blow out than it was. this young man usually hits very well from three point land, but last nite he just couldnt get it to fall. maybe it was first game jitters. i dont know. but, if he'd hit at his usual percentage, then this game would have been a massacre.

reggie mchaney had a great nite shooting and handling the ball. our big fella, andrew shane, was a rebounding and shot alternating machine. the others all pitched in as well. daniel ricketts, the 6'3" wr from the football team also had a good game underneath. the jackets may be the one fighting for that fourth place spot in a very, very tough region 7, district 14a.

I knew Greenfield beat somebody..I didn't know it was Bradford..I heard Mchaney could fill it up...Looks to be some good basketball games this year...Everyone has us in the 4th spot so I guess maybe it'll be us fighting yall for that spot..or at least that's what most people think..I'm planning on at least 3rd..maybe higher

I haven't had access to a computer in quite some time...Living up in the Nashville area, it's been hard with me to keep up with what's going on down this way but I will assure you of this...Competition up here, outside of a few teams, is nothing like what it is in West Tn...Everyone is hyping up this kid named John Jenkins from Station Camp, calling him King John...I went to see one of his games the other night and found myself bored wishing I was at a Humboldt game...The kid is a great shooter, but not a great player...BTW, basketball doesn't seem to be a big deal up this way...Turn outs for games aren't great and the atmosphere for the game is nothing special either...

As for Humboldt-UC, I actually didn't know these two teams had already played until tonight (shows how closely I've followed) but I would imagine that Humboldt, as usual, isn't playing their best ball...However, with them returning EVERYONE but Sain, you'd think they'd be pretty darn good right now, especially with the seniors on that team looking to go to their 4th straight state tournament...They have size in Epperson, Perry, Taylor...solid, experienced guards in Jackson, Hunt, and Parham, along with several young guys that should be stepping up this year...Haven't seen them play yet so I can't really say a lot about this team...If I had to guess, it sounds like they are still looking for their identity as a team....I'd really have to see them play before I could make an educated assessment of what's going on...One thing is for sure though, a lot of season left and there's definitely no shortage of talent in Humboldt, so don't sleep on the Vikings just yet... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Taylor kept the Vikings in the game with his three point shoting....Viking fans are trying to make this a closer game than it actually was....If UC hadn't rushed some shots when they had double digit leads(like they had the majority of the game)it would have been a big blowout...Humboldt did struggle from the free throw line going 9-21 but the Tornadoes also forced the Vikings into 19 turnovers...And really UC didn't play that well...They were so hyped for the game that it seemed they were wound a little too tight...

Bigster....Polk didn't score....Nik Brooks hit a big three in the fourth and so did Lavan Mosely..Tony Wilkens got a big three point play...Cameron Callicott came in and hit a big three in the first half and ended up with 7 points...Andre had a big game with 19 points...You notice the names being mentioned and I haven't said anything about MJ Brown...MJ had a solid game with his ballhandling(I only remember one turnover from him)and when UC needed a shot he put it in the hole..Very smooth player...Best on the floor...

Humboldt didn't look poised in the game either especially seeing as how they are a veteran team...

I haven't had access to a computer in quite some time...Living up in the Nashville area, it's been hard with me to keep up with what's going on down this way but I will assure you of this...Competition up here, outside of a few teams, is nothing like what it is in West Tn...Everyone is hyping up this kid named John Jenkins from Station Camp, calling him King John...I went to see one of his games the other night and found myself bored wishing I was at a Humboldt game...The kid is a great shooter, but not a great player...BTW, basketball doesn't seem to be a big deal up this way...Turn outs for games aren't great and the atmosphere for the game is nothing special either...

As for Humboldt-UC, I actually didn't know these two teams had already played until tonight (shows how closely I've followed) but I would imagine that Humboldt, as usual, isn't playing their best ball...However, with them returning EVERYONE but Sain, you'd think they'd be pretty darn good right now, especially with the seniors on that team looking to go to their 4th straight state tournament...They have size in Epperson, Perry, Taylor...solid, experienced guards in Jackson, Hunt, and Parham, along with several young guys that should be stepping up this year...Haven't seen them play yet so I can't really say a lot about this team...If I had to guess, it sounds like they are still looking for their identity as a team....I'd really have to see them play before I could make an educated assessment of what's going on...One thing is for sure though, a lot of season left and there's definitely no shortage of talent in Humboldt, so don't sleep on the Vikings just yet... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Red 16,the best basketball is in West Tenn.Wish you were back here also,cause you are going to see a whole lot of boring basketball in that area.Got a chance to play against John Jenkins this summer.He is a very good shooter,but cant put the ball on the floor and get past people.Also the Perry kid from Humboldt didnt play in the UC game.Dont know if he is injured and Parham only played a little.They also have another kid that played only a little.I think his name is Crayton.He has a lot of upside and stands about 6'4.Do you know what grade he is in?

Crayton is a junior and does have a lot of potential, but little experience...Can any of you UC fans give me some info on the Battle of the State tournament that UC is playing at...I've got some friends up here in Nashville that know nothing about West Tn basketball and since Humboldt doesn't play up this way, I figured I'd give em a taste of that UC style of play..

Taylor kept the Vikings in the game with his three point shoting....Viking fans are trying to make this a closer game than it actually was....If UC hadn't rushed some shots when they had double digit leads(like they had the majority of the game)it would have been a big blowout...Humboldt did struggle from the free throw line going 9-21 but the Tornadoes also forced the Vikings into 19 turnovers...And really UC didn't play that well...They were so hyped for the game that it seemed they were wound a little too tight...

Bigster....Polk didn't score....Nik Brooks hit a big three in the fourth and so did Lavan Mosely..Tony Wilkens got a big three point play...Cameron Callicott came in and hit a big three in the first half and ended up with 7 points...Andre had a big game with 19 points...You notice the names being mentioned and I haven't said anything about MJ Brown...MJ had a solid game with his ballhandling(I only remember one turnover from him)and when UC needed a shot he put it in the hole..Very smooth player...Best on the floor...

Humboldt didn't look poised in the game either especially seeing as how they are a veteran team...

Purple..Who is the short stocky guy that plays fpr U.C.Looks to be about 5'9 but about 220 lbs..That's who I was talking about..Can't remember his number...

well the game ended up being real good...i thought we were gunna run away with it for a minute there but h-boldt came back in the second half...anyways we got the w and thats all that matters...dre played real well and mj ran the show like he always does...we just got to remember that its only november and we'll be seeing them again just like always