Marion County

DelTavian

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says the forty was occupied by Coach Beck and possiably others. OP thinks coach Beck would do a good job, but the talent level would bring to much critisism to the coach. Hopefully he will avoid that headache.

Coach Beck would do a good job with the boys as he would have the dicipline and respect in place that has been needed for a long time with the boys. What type of offense would he run though? I think the spread needs to go, at least as a basic offense. That might be a good package to have in storage but they need something that you don't have to have a lot of athletes to run. That is why the split back veer was a good offense for so many years.

Wiggins has two small children and currently lives on the Notre Dame campus. Not where you want to raise a family. (no offense intended to anyone at ND). However, he's not interested in the Marion job due in part to the pay.

John Allen is the coach at Silverdale. As others have mentioned he doesn't seem to last very long in any one place.

There is no way Aikens leaves Ringgold. They are dropping in classification next year and he's got a strong pipe line of players coming. They are going to be really good for the next few years. Besides coaching in Georgia pays pretty well. I would say he probably makes at least 25,000 more per year that whoever the coach is at marion.

I have no clue as to who Marion may hire but I think you can take these three guys off the list although they are all fine men and would do good things there.

I spoke with a Marion alum tonight who compared the Marion program to Alabama. Bama spent years trying to find the next Bear and Marion is trying to find the next KC. 4 coaches in 11 years since KC left. Amazing. It sounds like the administration over there needs to give whoever the coach is some time rather than firing someone every 2-3 years.

How about Nick Saban? He might be on the market soon, if he is willing to take a little bit of a pay cut in order to live here in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley. And at the SP game I believe I saw Landon Pickett on the 40, is that who you were talking about? I just hope we get someone soon.

I have no idea what "exchange for pm" means, or "plus membership. And if Beck was on the forty yard line I didn't see him. Thats not who I was referring to.

You're not living right if you don't have a plus membership on CoachT. It's a whopping $12 a year....$1 a month. It allows you to post on any board at any time of year. EVERYONE should have a plus membership on CoachT!

DL.

How about Nick Saban? He might be on the market soon, if he is willing to take a little bit of a pay cut in order to live here in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley. And at the SP game I believe I saw Landon Pickett on the 40, is that who you were talking about? I just hope we get someone soon.

No, coach Pickett has already had his fun being the successor to Colquette. He is finished coaching as of right now,we talk on a weekly basis. They wanted him to coach at N. Jackson this year, and he refused. Daughter is involved in athletics and that is where he wants to be. She is pretty ^%$# good too.

No, coach Pickett has already had his fun being the successor to Colquette. He is finished coaching as of right now,we talk on a weekly basis. They wanted him to coach at N. Jackson this year, and he refused. Daughter is involved in athletics and that is where he wants to be. She is pretty ^%$# good too.

yeah, she makes avery and baxter look like they are the girls of the family. She is definitely going to be a star at GPS!!!!

I agree, the split back is very effective. It is also an offense that can't be perfected overnight, it takes time. Josh and I are good friends and he could definatley help the program. We have plenty of backs coming back that would be excellent veer runners. EX. 24,32,34,21,20, and 14. But again, it will take time, and if history repeats itself, administration won't give a coach enough time to establish that. I am excited about the possibility of a new coach, but I think Jason would have been successful if he was given time and support. We need Coach Underwood back out there too, because he knows football, and the kids and volunteer coaches love being around him. It stinks having good coaches in the school, and them not coaching. My gut tells me that is about to change though. I hope he reads these posts, and comes back out for the spring.

I talked to Coach Underwood over the holidays and he said that he has not forgotten about the Marion County Warriors. He loves those boys like they were his own. It just about drove him crazy sitting at home this fall. He said he also missed all the coaches, even Joe Dan (haha).

He had a lot of fun times with his own kids though this fall. It was nice knowing that he could do things with them and not have to go to the fieldhouse to practice.

He is very undecided at this time what he is going to do. If you ask me though, his heart will always be in coaching!!

I talked to Coach Underwood over the holidays and he said that he has not forgotten about the Marion County Warriors. He loves those boys like they were his own. It just about drove him crazy sitting at home this fall. He said he also missed all the coaches, even Joe Dan (haha).

He had a lot of fun times with his own kids though this fall. It was nice knowing that he could do things with them and not have to go to the fieldhouse to practice.

He is very undecided at this time what he is going to do. If you ask me though, his heart will always be in coaching!!

Any idea how old his kids are? I still think Paul Underwood would be a great candidate for the job at Marion.

You're not living right if you don't have a plus membership on CoachT. It's a whopping $12 a year....$1 a month. It allows you to post on any board at any time of year. EVERYONE should have a plus membership on CoachT!

DL.

Del, talk to coachT for me and let me get a plus membership. I sent money in, but it was returned.

Who do you think the next coach is going to be at Marion County? I have heard many good names mentioned and on Friday night had heard that it was a done deal, but haven't heard who they were referring to.

Del, talk to coachT for me and let me get a plus membership. I sent money in, but it was returned.

Who do you think the next coach is going to be at Marion County? I have heard many good names mentioned and on Friday night had heard that it was a done deal, but haven't heard who they were referring to.

Had to be a mix up with the mail. No way you got turned down for a Plus Membership.

I have no clue who the next coach will be in Jasper or on the Mountain. It's actually getting a little frustrating.

DL.