Knoxville Halls offseason discussion

fairplay2121

It seems likely that Daniel Dayton will sign with Cumberland College. I spoke with his dad the other day and they want him to come right in and play as a freshman. He has had some other offers but the package they had was hard to beat. If he does end up there he will be with another Red Devil Justin Cox who graduated in 2006. Good luck Daniel.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZCAR,

I think you might be talking about Cumberland University in Middle Tenn. Cumberland College changed there name to College of the Cumberlands, I think.

Wasn't there another big OL that went to Cumberland either with Cox or just before. I think Reese and Fergueson went there to, but Ferg came home the next day. He couldn't take being away from mom and dad.

Let's See:

It does seem that WR Daniel Dayton and Lineman Brent Hughes will BOTH go to Cumberland to play. I know that Brent made his visit yesterday. Good luck to the both of them

Also, for next year - I don't think this year's team is getting enough credit. On defense, we look stronger than we've been in some time. With Strong Lineman such as (62) Caleb Leonard, (66) Matt Ladish, (75) Steven Hill and (72) Micah Bolden. And then in the secondary..you got returning starters like (45) Dorian Cottrell, (32) Daniel Hodge, (23) Kevin Waggoner, (21) Chris McGill, (10) Garrett Gresham, and (2) Brandon Johnson (who laid some BIG HITS this year).

As far as offense goes, Tyler Turner should still be starting behind center. However, there is battle between Turner, SOPH QB Zach Dowdy, and SOPH QB Paul McConkey. Running the ball will be hard nose with (3) Gibson, (23) Waggoner, (42) Pixley, and (21) McGill. Our WR's are fairly inexperienced because last year and the year before..."fade to Dayton" haha. However, I know that they can all step up and make plays. With (2) Brandon Johnson, (10) Garrett Gresham, and (22) Jeff Noblin [from Catholic] our boys should be able to step up and make people say "WHOA!" haha

For those of you who don't know by now, our first game of the year is against Maryville in Week 0! August 22nd I believe. Regardless, It will be the best chance the Red Devils have EVER had to beat them. Maryville lost Burnette, Douglas, Shiver, etc. - HOWEVER, that rediculously good backfield is still there with Rodriguez and Shuler. Also "around the league" - allegedly, Maryville went to go talk to Darien Stone (senior QB at Clinton) about coming and playing for Maryville. Once again, allegedly, he said "No thanks. We're going to beat you next year!" If thats true, what a bold statement!

Schedule Breakdown:

Maryville - There's not a DOUBT in my mind that we can make 60 END HERE! Like I said, Shuler and Rodriguez are killers at running the ball. However, with 2 years of experience under their belts now, the Halls Linebackers can finaly stop some running game this year. I think Kevin Waggoner has his BREAKOUT game. Red Devils win 17-14

Central - Black Oak Ridge Belongs to Halls. No running QB and no Great Defense. However, RB Jaime Wilson is still there and creates a little havoc. But I think the Devils will win by 20+.

Powell - SHOULD BE A SLOUGHTER, but it won't be. The only playmakers left on this team is QB Kier Houston and TE Will Barnes. Though the score should be nasty, I see the Devils by 5 or 6.

[if you wondered why i added so much, it is because while COACHT is free, I'm taking advantage of it]

To stop the rumors Maryville never went to Clinton to ask any Q.B. to come and play. Maryville has 3 Q.B. that can get the job done 2 will be seniors #12 Aaron chamberlain was backup to Brent last year #14 Mark Young and junior #15 Phillip juhlin. As for running backs Tim Rodriguez was a senior and is gone but the running backs returning well lets just say remember Tank Baker? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To stop the rumors Maryville never went to Clinton to ask any Q.B. to come and play. Maryville has 3 Q.B. that can get the job done 2 will be seniors #12 Aaron chamberlain was backup to Brent last year #14 Mark Young and junior #15 Phillip juhlin. As for running backs Tim Rodriguez was a senior and is gone but the running backs returning well lets just say remember Tank Baker? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

cobrajet dont let Pirateman894's lack of tha fax on Mairvul, git in tha way of a good argumint....

Let's See:

It does seem that WR Daniel Dayton and Lineman Brent Hughes will BOTH go to Cumberland to play. I know that Brent made his visit yesterday. Good luck to the both of them

Also, for next year - I don't think this year's team is getting enough credit. On defense, we look stronger than we've been in some time. With Strong Lineman such as (62) Caleb Leonard, (66) Matt Ladish, (75) Steven Hill and (72) Micah Bolden. And then in the secondary..you got returning starters like (45) Dorian Cottrell, (32) Daniel Hodge, (23) Kevin Waggoner, (21) Chris McGill, (10) Garrett Gresham, and (2) Brandon Johnson (who laid some BIG HITS this year).

As far as offense goes, Tyler Turner should still be starting behind center. However, there is battle between Turner, SOPH QB Zach Dowdy, and SOPH QB Paul McConkey. Running the ball will be hard nose with (3) Gibson, (23) Waggoner, (42) Pixley, and (21) McGill. Our WR's are fairly inexperienced because last year and the year before..."fade to Dayton" haha. However, I know that they can all step up and make plays. With (2) Brandon Johnson, (10) Garrett Gresham, and (22) Jeff Noblin [from Catholic] our boys should be able to step up and make people say "WHOA!" haha

For those of you who don't know by now, our first game of the year is against Maryville in Week 0! August 22nd I believe. Regardless, It will be the best chance the Red Devils have EVER had to beat them. Maryville lost Burnette, Douglas, Shiver, etc. - HOWEVER, that rediculously good backfield is still there with Rodriguez and Shuler. Also "around the league" - allegedly, Maryville went to go talk to Darien Stone (senior QB at Clinton) about coming and playing for Maryville. Once again, allegedly, he said "No thanks. We're going to beat you next year!" If thats true, what a bold statement!

Schedule Breakdown:

Maryville - There's not a DOUBT in my mind that we can make 60 END HERE! Like I said, Shuler and Rodriguez are killers at running the ball. However, with 2 years of experience under their belts now, the Halls Linebackers can finaly stop some running game this year. I think Kevin Waggoner has his BREAKOUT game. Red Devils win 17-14

Central - Black Oak Ridge Belongs to Halls. No running QB and no Great Defense. However, RB Jaime Wilson is still there and creates a little havoc. But I think the Devils will win by 20+.

Powell - SHOULD BE A SLOUGHTER, but it won't be. The only playmakers left on this team is QB Kier Houston and TE Will Barnes. Though the score should be nasty, I see the Devils by 5 or 6.

[if you wondered why i added so much, it is because while COACHT is free, I'm taking advantage of it]

Maryville will be tough no matter when you play them or who they have. Sure they will likely get a transfer and they already have some talented players on their roster. Halls don't count you chickens before they hatch.

Central certainly hasn't had the recruiting classes they had in the early - mid 2000's since certain coaches left or were ask to leave the staff. My Bobcats are staring at missing the p[lay-offs for the second year in a row. But even in a bad year Halls won't be able to defeat the Cats by 20.

An athletic West team will be hard to handle. Powell although short on experienced talent will bring it against the Devils. Lowe is a fine coach and has surrounded himself with quality assistants. They will be very competitive. Clinton has to of the best players in the Region. If they avoid injury and add a couple of quality players they will give Halls a challenge. L.C. and S.D. might be on only sure wins on the Devils region schedule.

This is the way I see the Region panning out.

1. Maryville : Until someone steps up and beats them how can you pick against them.

2. Halls: At this point the most likely candidate to dethrone the mighty Rebels.

3. West: Very athletic. Must replace Q.B. and talented receivers. Short on lineman.

4. Clinton: They have the skill players to beat anyone.

5. Powell: Very good Q.B. Couls slip into the 4 spot.

6. Central: Sad times are coming to Bobcat country. Haven't been getting the quality transfers needed for them to be a powerhouse since certain coaches left or were ask to leave the program. Two very good players in Styles and Wilson. But there are some rumblings in Ftn. City that both won't be wearing red and black next year. Regardless Central won't have the players to compete at a high level in the Region. Could move to 5 but unless good fortune shines on Central I don't see them making the play-offs.

7. South Doyle: Tough place to build a program. Sure they will have some talent but not enough. Big win vs. Central last year. Need to build on that to make the play offs.

8. L.C.: Another long year for the panthers.

Bold predictions. (Having a little fun)

Halls will beat Central this year. Finally getting the monkey off their back. No running QB problems from McMillian to contend with

Clinton will surprise everyone and contend. They nearly took us down last year. Don't take them for granted. Best position athletes in the region.

Both West & Central will have losing records. To many good players lost to graduation.

Top four.

Maryville

Halls

Clinton

Powell

If this doesn't get people posting nothing will.

Bold predictions. (Having a little fun)

Halls will beat Central this year. Finally getting the monkey off their back. No running QB problems from McMillian to contend with

Clinton will surprise everyone and contend. They nearly took us down last year. Don't take them for granted. Best position athletes in the region.

Both West & Central will have losing records. To many good players lost to graduation.

Top four.

Maryville

Halls

Clinton

Powell

If this doesn't get people posting nothing will.

What's your logic in saying Powell will be 4th. None of their classes are very strong and I think their only good player is Houston there may be a few returning i can not think of but Powell's juniors and sophomores dont bring much to the table

As a matter of a fact, I don't have a lack of knowledge. A friend of mine was using my computer and CoachT was uknowingly signed into my name. However, I do agree with him for the most part. Anyways, I've (Pirateman894) have talked to Wesley Kitts. He, obviously, has gotten local-small school offers. However, Michigan State seen a highlight reel of him and was impressed. Though that's a LONG SHOT, best of luck to W-Kitts

What's your logic in saying Powell will be 4th. None of their classes are very strong and I think their only good player is Houston there may be a few returning i can not think of but Powell's juniors and sophomores dont bring much to the table

Just having a little fun. But seriously with Ryan, Easterly, Wagner & Coley gone that means a huge piece of the West's offense will be gone. Powell seems to have developed some young talent and have a good looking QB. They are playing a bunch of kids for experience like Halls did a couple of years ago. I see a 5-5 at #4 it will be between West & Powell I think.