11/23 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an "on topic" post folks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Pearl Cohn: 26

White House: 14

Deaunte Mason will throw for 3TD passes and possibly even rush for another score. The big quarterback presents multiple matchup issues to a White House defense that needs the offense to run the football and keep them off of the field as much as possible. Look for Payne & Dixon to rush for short scores just because the Blue Devils can run the football somewhat but as Station Camp discovered you can't make a living running the football at the Firebirds defense all night long. Mason seems to be on a mission to win a state championship in his senior year.

Here's an "on topic" post folks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Pearl Cohn: 26

White House: 14

Deaunte Mason will throw for 3TD passes and possibly even rush for another score. The big quarterback presents multiple matchup issues to a White House defense that needs the offense to run the football and keep them off of the field as much as possible. Look for Payne & Dixon to rush for short scores just because the Blue Devils can run the football somewhat but as Station Camp discovered you can't make a living running the football at the Firebirds defense all night long. Mason seems to be on a mission to win a state championship in his senior year.

I dont think there will be be 3 touchdowns by the Firebirds in any kind of way, especially 3 passing TD's on the Blue Devil secondary, there really beginning to click on all cylinders, but i do agree that the touchdowns will be scored by Deaunte Mason.

Depending on the weather, TD passes may be few and far between.

Sounds as if we are not playing PC, but a good athlete named Mason.

Deaunte Mason is the Firebirds best overall player and he's also the best overall player in Region 4-3A.

Pearl Cohn has other weapons all over the place that can hurt teams.

#2 Dominique Harris

#3 Howard Griffin

#8 Rodshawn Beard

#9 Lamar McLaurin

#19 Phillip Collier

#23 Carlos Knight

#55 Phillip Popovich

#56 Markese Osborne

#72 Richard Jean-Lewis

#81 William Johnson

#82 Wayne Cox

#85 Michael Venoy

All of those guys are very good football players that have played key roles in the Firebirds success this season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If White House plays with the same focus that they've seemed to play with the last two weeks, I don't see them having any problems. I think Pearl will have to play an above average game to get the win on the road and unless they're a vastly different team that I saw against Greenbrier, I don't think it's possible. I think White House will control the game early and get in PC's head.

Although I was'nt overly impressed with the Firebirds at the game against Greenbrier, I do agree that Mason stood in the pocket calmly as he was protected by his line most of the night. We got like six sacks on him but I think the Firebirds had a lackluster performance that night as their receivers had a hard time catching anything Mason threw. I think Mason knows his chance to finish the year big and make a statement that UK is making a good choice is on the line. If he wants PC to have a Gold Ball he has to lead this team past White House and take take back that small win they got in season. For White House, this game will be about big plays and keeping the Firebirds off of Greenwade. The WH qb's confidence may be growing but I think the Firebirds will get to him a few times and make him play a hurry up game. If Pearl Cohn can discipline themselves to shut out the noise of WH fans, and shut down the Devils offense and qb while Mason shows his stuff Pearl Cohn should pull it out. They have to keep WH out of field goal range and PC's band has to offset the WH crowd noise.

PC 20

WH 17

If Jeff Porter is smart he will remind the officials before the game about the rules about band interference during plays....

Seriously.

It's not just a "band rule" it is an "artificial noise making device rule". The band is allowed to play after a score. The band is allowed to play during the process of a play taking place. The band is even allowed to play between plays. THE ONLY TIME THAT THE BAND IS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY IS WHEN THE QUARTERBACK IS GOING THROUGH A SNAP COUNT!!!!! That is considered an "unfair" advantage and could cause a team to jump off-sides. Also though we must remember that the band is not the only means of an "artificial noise making device". Train horns, cowbells, cans or bottles with rock like substances in them, air horns that are commonly used during an outing on a boat on the lake, etc. are all considered as "artificial noise making devices". THEREFORE.............If Porter does decide to tell the official that the PC band is not allowed to play then he will also be told about other things that are considered as being "illegal" as well.

The only noise makers should be voices (not over the PA System though), hands clapping, & feet stomping. Any other object is considered as an "artificial noise making device" and that my friend is NOT LEGAL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's not just a "band rule" it is an "artificial noise making device rule". The band is allowed to play after a score. The band is allowed to play during the process of a play taking place. The band is even allowed to play between plays. THE ONLY TIME THAT THE BAND IS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY IS WHEN THE QUARTERBACK IS GOING THROUGH A SNAP COUNT!!!!! That is considered an "unfair" advantage and could cause a team to jump off-sides. Also though we must remember that the band is not the only means of an "artificial noise making device". Train horns, cowbells, cans or bottles with rock like substances in them, air horns that are commonly used during an outing on a boat on the lake, etc. are all considered as "artificial noise making devices". THEREFORE.............If Porter does decide to tell the official that the PC band is not allowed to play then he will also be told about other things that are considered as being "illegal" as well.

The only noise makers should be voices (not over the PA System though), hands clapping, & feet stomping. Any other object is considered as an "artificial noise making device" and that my friend is NOT LEGAL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exactly. I have no problem with that at all. (That includes the milk-carton rattles, the triple-air horns, and the band cranking up at the snap count.) Guess I am just a purist. Or anal...whatever side one is on. I am actually surprised the TSSAA is allowing fans in with the Purity one-gallon rattles. I have seen at other playoff games where those were not allowed through the gates.

Might be their kidney-stone collections they are showing off.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />