11/23 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

Exactly. I have no problem with that at all. (That includes the milk-carton rattles, the triple-air horns, and the band cranking up at the snap count.) Guess I am just a purist. Or anal...whatever side one is on. I am actually surprised the TSSAA is allowing fans in with the Purity one-gallon rattles. I have seen at other playoff games where those were not allowed through the gates.

Might be their kidney-stone collections they are showing off.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I figured that I'd just imply the rule so that people won't assume that they lost in this game (ON EITHER SIDE) because of a band playing during the pre-snap count of the quarterback(s).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that I'd just imply the rule so that people won't assume that they lost in this game (ON EITHER SIDE) because of a band playing during the pre-snap count of the quarterback(s).

As far as the band playing while the offense is beginning the play, I think PCs band just does it because they love to play. During the GB / PC game, they even played during several of Cohn's ofensive plays. I think they look at is as if somebody started a football during their band performance.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

While I don't get into them, I really don't think the artificial noise makers (bells, bottles) are much of an issue, most of the time. Probably just distracts other fans more than anything.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Unless it's just a really close, tight field, most players will tell you that they don't hear them anyway. The fans using them need to understand that you really don't need to be making the noise when your own offensive team is trying to get to the line and make the snap. Wait until the other team is trying to get the play started and then cause the distraction.

As far as the band playing while the offense is beginning the play, I think PCs band just does it because they love to play. During the GB / PC game, they even played during several of Cohn's ofensive plays. I think they look at is as if somebody started a football during their band performance.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

While I don't get into them, I really don't think the artificial noise makers (bells, bottles) are much of an issue, most of the time. Probably just distracts other fans more than anything.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Unless it's just a really close, tight field, most players will tell you that they don't hear them anyway. The fans using them need to understand that you really don't need to be making the noise when your own offensive team is trying to get to the line and make the snap. Wait until the other team is trying to get the play started and then cause the distraction.

This is one of my biggest gripes about fans. I think sometimes the fans that use noisemakers are trying to compensate for the fans beside them that sit at a football game like they are in church. Football is an exciting sport so I have never understood fans that don't even clap or make some kind of noise. They might as well stay home.

As for the Rowdy Gang from White House....they are going to bring the bleach bottles even if they have to pretend they are doing the Devils laundry to get in with them. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Too many teams (fans) use noisemakers. Don't believe I've ever witnessed an official attempt to stop fan noise, no matter how it was made. Fan noise, imo, is different than a school sponsored band playing during an offensive snap count.

I also doubt very much, if coach Porter spoke to an official about "band" noise, that said official would then "remind" him of other illegal noise.... That would be a poor avenue to choose by a game official....Much better ways to handle such an occurance, if it ever would happen.

I personally do not shake a milk jug, although tonite it may be easy, because of all the shiverin'. I prefer the time honored standing behind the stands to support my team that is a WH mainstay. We are arrogent like that... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

This is one of my biggest gripes about fans. I think sometimes the fans that use noisemakers are trying to compensate for the fans beside them that sit at a football game like they are in church. Football is an exciting sport so I have never understood fans that don't even clap or make some kind of noise. They might as well stay home.

As for the Rowdy Gang from White House....they are going to bring the bleach bottles even if they have to pretend they are doing the Devils laundry to get in with them. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The"Rowdy Bunch" brings their own flavor to the game.They shake those bottles for support of our offense and defense, not to distract other teams.And although it is not my choice of cheering, I support them 110%[as long as i'm a few sections over]They are the most dedicated fan section we have.And YES, if they made bleach bottles illegal, they would still find a way to get them in /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Time to get the layers on.Pin back your ears boys, its time to play ball.

It's not just a "band rule" it is an "artificial noise making device rule". The band is allowed to play after a score. The band is allowed to play during the process of a play taking place. The band is even allowed to play between plays. THE ONLY TIME THAT THE BAND IS NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY IS WHEN THE QUARTERBACK IS GOING THROUGH A SNAP COUNT!!!!! That is considered an "unfair" advantage and could cause a team to jump off-sides. Also though we must remember that the band is not the only means of an "artificial noise making device". Train horns, cowbells, cans or bottles with rock like substances in them, air horns that are commonly used during an outing on a boat on the lake, etc. are all considered as "artificial noise making devices". THEREFORE.............If Porter does decide to tell the official that the PC band is not allowed to play then he will also be told about other things that are considered as being "illegal" as well.

The only noise makers should be voices (not over the PA System though), hands clapping, & feet stomping. Any other object is considered as an "artificial noise making device" and that my friend is NOT LEGAL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SO TRUE HOWEVER ONE HARDLY EVER SEE IT ENFORCED. NO COACH SHOULD HAVE TO TELL THE REFS THIS RULE, IT SHOULD BE AN AUTOMATIC PENALTY CALLED AS ANY PLAY INFRACTION OCCURRING DURING THE GAME. DL IS THE WORST TEAM IVE EVER SEEN SHAKING THEIR YELLOW JUGS!!!!!!!!!!! THEY PASS THEM OUT AT THE GATE FOR THEIR FANS!!!!! GO FIREBIRDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEARL COHN WINS 14 WHITEHOUSE 7!

Way to get payback Firebirds.

Whitehouse radio announcers claim "officials gone stupid". How ironic for a team that doesn't want calls to be excuses.

Even though White House lost it might've been the best game i watched all year. White House's goal line stand was incredible. We just ran out of time is what it came down too. We just could'nt punch it in the end zone. You could tell all the respect Pearl Cohns players had for the players of White House at the end of the game. They knew they were in a battle. GREAT YEAR WHITE HOUSE, AND ALL OF WHITE HOUSE ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

Congrats to PC...That was a good high school football game for the fans. Had some defense, some offense, some big plays and some defensive gems.

The game had several instances where the momentum changed for both teams. I thought PC did us a favor by throwing in the first half as the QB had some issues with overthrows early.....I thought we did them a favor by keeping it close to the vest as PC walked just about the whole team up to the line of scrimmage and dared us to throw....Which we did in the 2nd half quite effectively.

And the last 5 minutes of the game was nerve wracking.

refs were horrible in this game

time for coaching change for wh what were thinking on that fake fg

pc had respect for wh yeah right were you blind they dance and taunt wh all game long

Give it a rest, Tim....The refs were not horrible, I thought they called a good game...Let them play just enough. That was one to the best games I've watched in a while. It had a little of everything.

As far as the fake FG, the play was there, but he just did not pull the trigger when he needed. It was open early.

And it is NOT time for a coaching change.