11/23 Pearl-Cohn at White House

timbdp

I'll have to meet you there. I met several PC fans tonight and they are all great people. Mr. Pinder is a great man who does an outstanding job doing the P.A. System at the Firebirds home games. He was as loud along the fence at tonight's game even without the microphone and speakers /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If my job does not have me out of town as it does this week, I will be there. Should be a good football game against two very good programs. What can you tell me about Fulton?

"PCH, Don't Play Wit It!"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Pearl Cohn on the win. What can I say???? The Firebirds own White House in the playoffs.

For a terrible coaching staff this bunch has done a great job. 2 Years = 2 Trips to the State Semifinals /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Great Job Coach Brunetti, Wilson, Harris, Davis, & Co. You guys have done a great job following the footsteps of a legendary coach like Maurice Fitzgerald and that could not have been an easy thing to do.

Deaunte Mason started out horrible but late he made the plays to win the game for his football team. The Co-MVPs of this game are #3 Howard Griffin & #2 Dominique Harris. White House couldn't block either of them after the first series in which they scored the TD.

As I stated on the other thread and as I also stated in the preseason REGION 4-3A BELONGS TO PEARL COHN!!!! The numbers do not lie folks. They have beaten White House through the first three years. Two of those years the wins came in the postseason. Pearl Cohn is 4-0 against Sycamore & Station Camp and have playoff wins against both of those teams in the playoffs. Pearl Cohn even owns a 2-1 edge over Greenbrier.

Region 4-3A Goes Through the Pearl Cohn Firebirds!!!!!!

Good Season White House. I believe White House will be the team to beat in Region 4-3A next season. They have a lot of those same players that were on the field tonight coming back next year. As for this season however the playoff experience is something that you just can't measure and Pearl Cohn has warriors who have been through those tough wars and that proved to be the KEY DIFFERENCE in tonight's game.

maybe but the championship goes thru FULTON and the firebird run will end there

Pearl Cohn also now holds the all-time series edge over White House 4 games to 3 games which is a stat that I am loving to point out to those who were talking all of that smack back in the preseason /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Basically 2 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT teams from Pearl Cohn High School have beaten what is basically THE EXACT SAME team from White House High School over the course of the last two Playoffs.

Outside of #15 Mason, #2 Harris, #3 Griffin, #23 Knight, & #56 Osborne there is not 1 SINGLE PLAYER for Pearl Cohn that saw the field last year against White House. For White House when you look at the field you see #8 Parker, #1 Payne, #2 Payne, #55 Barrett, #69 Gaines, #85 Neal, #31 Allen, etc., etc., etc.

WHITE HOUSE HAS NO EXCUSES OUTSIDE OF THE FACT THAT PEARL COHN'S LEADERS ARE BETTER THAN THEIRS ARE & THAT SHOWED ON THIS NIGHT!!!!

Pearl Cohn had every opportunity in the world to fold it in in the first half. After the TD the Firebirds could have again folded it in when they missed the PAT. The Firebirds could have yet again folded it in following the fourth down stop of Mason at the goal line. Again the Firebirds could have folded it in following the long pass on the third down to start the fourth quarter. Finally the Firebirds could have folded it in following the first two plays inside the ten on what turned out to be the game winning drive. They could have easily said "here we go again" when White House pushed them backwards on first & goal and then on second & goal. THE WHOLE TIME THE PLAYMAKERS FOR PEARL COHN NEVER ONCE HIT THE PANIC BUTTON & THAT SAYS A TON ABOUT THE PLAYERS AND COACHES BECAUSE ABOUT 90-95% OF THE TEAMS IN THIS STATE WOULD HAVE EASILY FALTERED TONIGHT WHEN ALL OF THE BREAKS WERE GOING AGAINST THEM LIKE THEY WERE GOING AGAINST PCHS THROUGH 3.5 QUARTERS OF FOOTBALL.

When Mason & Griffin (or as Station Camp called them "the 1 and a half players" for PC) took over the game late then there was really no answer that White House had. Not even Parker and all of his great catches and great ability could overcome Pearl Cohn on this cold frigid November night. Payne, Dixon, Greenwade, Gaines, etc. None of the players or coaches for White House had an answer. Even when it seemed like they had an answer THEN..........it was Dominique Harris who slammed the door shut on the House for this Fall.

refs were horrible in this game

time for coaching change for wh what were thinking on that fake fg pc had respect for wh yeah right were you blind they dance and taunt wh all game long

timmy...timmy-timmy-tiiimmmaaaaa......

Time for a coaching change.....? Timmy.. start you a new thread asking the Coach T posters their opinion of your statement (it doesn't have to be too many words, just your classic 4 or 5 word posts should be fine... "should coach porter be replaced"). When you read the replies and 99% of them say that you're wrong and support your coach; realize why you bring so much ridicule on yourself and just how far out in left field your views are.

You've got one of the better coaches in the state and most schools would love to have someone like him in charge of their program. A fake field goal fails, it happens... if it succeeds, he's a genious.

Fulton is playing its best football right now. It appears as though Pearl-Cohn is not scoring many points, but it should be a great game. As for being ready. Fulton has been to this stage 4 out of the last 5 years. They'll be ready. The only thing that concerns me is Fulton's youth. Just about all of their skill guys are back. The corner who covered Mason (the 6-6 wideout) last year is back, as our the rest of the wideouts for the most part. Hopefully those guys will step up again in Nashville. Anyways, I'll save all that for the Fulton-Pearl Cohn thread which I'm sure will soon start. We'll see you all next week in the rematch from last year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

timmy...timmy-timmy-tiiimmmaaaaa......

Time for a coaching change.....? Timmy.. start you a new thread asking the Coach T posters their opinion of your statement (it doesn't have to be too many words, just your classic 4 or 5 word posts should be fine... "should coach porter be replaced"). When you read the replies and 99% of them say that you're wrong and support your coach; realize why you bring so much ridicule on yourself and just how far out in left field your views are.

You've got one of the better coaches in the state and most schools would love to have someone like him in charge of their program. A fake field goal fails, it happens... if it succeeds, he's a genious.

Please, I don't want him starting a thread like that.... LOL

Everybody wants to see their team thru biased colored glasses but the officials called a good game. They let the guys play and did not call a bunch of meaningless penalties, only the penalties that were obvious. He is probably upset at the procedure penalty called when WH broke that long run when we were pinned deep in our own territory...but the truth is, the RB on the left side of the formation leaned too early... I saw it, wish it wasn't called, but it was and it was not a bad call... Sometimes in high school games refs allow what I will call "the lean" just before a play begins.... I'm sure you are familiar with what I refer to.

This is one of the best games I've watched in a while. PC linebackers played a great game and need to because their defensive line is average. Personally, especially when WH hit the deep passes, I thought PC safety was out of position all nite.(but he was a good dancer LOL) They really crowded the line of scrimmage to stop the run, which is what I would do against us too.... But in obvious throwing situations, even with only one receiver, the CB was left on an island by himself, with no safety help and we hit those passes. Where the safety played on many defensive plays, he couldn't get to a play. They covered the left side of the field but basically the right side is where to attack thru the air.

Congrats to PC...Good game.

P.S. I did get a kick out of their band....Arriving fashionably late and as they marched to the bleachers played, and played and played...... Ironically, PC had the ball deep in thier own territiory , right where the PC band played as they marched in.... LOL

On several games Pearl Cohn seems to start slow, give the opponent the lead and then come back at the end. You have to play to the buzzer with Pearl Cohn. From what I've seen or heard, they let sevarl schools draw first blood and then they came back for the kill. I think Fulton and Pearl Cohn will be a great game and Pearl will finally have someone to play that is their match, BUT if Mason overthrows and his receivers let it bouce off their helmets Fulton will take advantage and leave Pearl Cohn sitting home next week. And besides all that, I wish Pearl Cohn would find a kicker if they want to contend for the final game. That will be a MAJOR factor for the one that takes home the gold.

With all that said, I think the final game will come down to the winner of this game playing David Lipscomb.

Fulton is playing its best football right now. It appears as though Pearl-Cohn is not scoring many points, but it should be a great game. As for being ready. Fulton has been to this stage 4 out of the last 5 years. They'll be ready. The only thing that concerns me is Fulton's youth. Just about all of their skill guys are back. The corner who covered Mason (the 6-6 wideout) last year is back, as our the rest of the wideouts for the most part. Hopefully those guys will step up again in Nashville. Anyways, I'll save all that for the Fulton-Pearl Cohn thread which I'm sure will soon start. We'll see you all next week in the rematch from last year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mason is their QB, he is a good athlete. They have good LB play. I really did not get a feel for their receivers because Mason was not throwing well in the first half, but he settled down and they have a couple of guys with the ability to make a play and one made a good catch in the corner of the end zone. Since PC is from our region, I want them to take this game, but when your coaches watch the film of our game, they will understand where to attack PC to be successful offensively. PC relies on their QB for the majority of their offense. I probably would too if he was on my team...LOL

Again, great game PC and great game WH....Nothing to be ashamed to lose to a good team. Congrats to the school on the field. It was in great shape.