Bearden vs Smyrna

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 of Smyrna's losses were against Riverdale (38-34) and against Brentwood Academy(18-14) last year's Division 2 state champs. Both games would have been won had we played how we are playing now.

COULD OF

WOULD OF

BUT DIDN'T

I'M SURE EVERY TEAM OUT THERE COULD SAY THE SAME THING. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

After two games with Bearden my analysis is this: An extremly physical defense, an outstanding playmaker at QB, and a solid hard-nosed RB.

IF Smyrna can establish a passing game, which should not be too difficult, and slow down the Bearden run forcing them to throw the ball,they should do just fine.

Bearden is extremly strong on both lines, they are small, strong, quick, and powerful. They play both ways and play with alot of heart and effort.

It would not surprise me if Bearden comes out a little flat after a long bus ride and an emotional win over Farragut.

I know nothing about Smyrna excpet they have a couple of phenoms and QB and WR. However, if they are able to stop Beardens run game they should do fine, Bearden's passing game was very sub-par last night. Smyrna should go into this game looking to air it, because it was near inpossible for Farragut to run the ball on them with the best back in the state and one of the best O-line units.

unfortunately, i have lost both to bearden and smyrna in the playoffs in the past two seasons. however, i beleive that bearden is the best team the owls have played in the past two years. i know smyrna plays with alot of heart in the playoffs and is led by one of the state's best quarterbacks, sonny gray. it may be ignorant for me to pick againgst the defending state champion but no one hits harder or gives more effort than the bearden bulldogs. these guys are big and they swarm to the football. the hits i can still feel even 3 weeks after the loss. in fact, some of our players are having off season surgery after the bearden game. this game will be a dog fight but i think the way bearden is playing will have them prevail in a close ball game. plus, i would love to say ooltewah lost to the eventual state champion in the playoffs in back to back years.

It would not surprise me if Bearden comes out a little flat after a long bus ride and an emotional win over Farragut.

If Bearden loses it won't be because they're flat. How can you be flat for the semifinals?! How can you be flat when you're the first Bearden team to ever earn this opportunity?! The Bulldogs will play hard; they'll play with emotion. It may not be enough, but they'll not fall short because they're flat.

No one has established a passing game against Bearden this year. Farragut tried to prove that they could throw the ball a little last night and could not do it. The best chance anyone has against Bearden is to concentrate on shutting down Works and play exceptional special teams.

By the way does anyone know if a Knoxville radio station will be covering the game or is there a Smyrna radio station we can listen to online? Is there any way to listen or watch the game in Knoxville or the surrounding areas?

No one has established a passing game against Bearden this year. Farragut tried to prove that they could throw the ball a little last night and could not do it. The best chance anyone has against Bearden is to concentrate on shutting down Works and play exceptional special teams.

I think shutting down William Blount's passing game in the 2nd round was much more impressive than "limiting" Farragut's last night. Conversely, shutting down Farragut's rushing attack was far more impressive than doing likewise against either Ooltewah or Blount. If you look at the stats, Farragut was right around its average for passing yards per game, and there were actually a couple of big play opportunities in the passing game that Farragut failed to connect on. Bearden is MUCH better when Halliday is in at free safety.

Cna someone explain why Smyna would host the state championship if they won too? I thought state was at MTSU like always.

lol he meant Middle Tennessee would host the State Championship..

I actually meant that when we go to state we get home field advantage, so are boys should be wearing thier purple Jersey's on the field!!

Just like you showed Cookeville. by stealing their phones and wallets etc. from the locker room. To Bearden players: BEWARE of leaving your things in the locker room. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Beware of the Ref's, they do make bogus calls at Smyrna ( inadvertent whistle is a favorite). Just shut down Sonny Gray and Rod Wilks and you shouldn't have a problem. They are all about the passing game.Although Smyrna does have some other good players too, they don't ever get any recognition because of these two. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Good Luck Bearden /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

From Murfreesboro /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Oh by the way, the people who stole the crap was from antioch and 1 guy from smyrna. And they were so stupid that as soon as they left they went to mc'd's and used a stolen credit card, and video'ed themselves on a stolen phone. how dumb. if ur gonna go eat on a stolen credit card why mc'D's??

By the way does anyone know if a Knoxville radio station will be covering the game or is there a Smyrna radio station we can listen to online? Is there any way to listen or watch the game in Knoxville or the surrounding areas?

Yea keep an eye on this website here: www.goinsidesports.com

I kno they had a live internet stream last year.. Not sure if its on the net this year tho.

Oh and they are from the smyrna area.