Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

Well just remembered what happend last time I jumped ship. You whipped up on someone. I think it was Bruceton. So it may be a good sign for you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am still deciding if I want to come up there or not. If I do we will def. have to meet up. I may sit on the Rebs side. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Definately http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco Daily is a great player. And as far as the catch goes, Bowden was in position to make the play but the MP receiver did a nice job of taking it away. There was a slight height difference about 6 inches. However, it was by no means a duck! I agree. You dont throw a "Duck" 40 yards in the air. But we at McKenzie did wonder why with the size of that line MP has why they don't line up in a straight I and pound the ball at you. I mean, you can find anyone to hand it off and with any type of little passing game (in like the 8 to 12 yard variety) you can run a nice offense with Marco and a FB lead blocking.

If you have someone handing the ball off you have one guy that could be blocking that isn't. With him taking a direct snap you have one more person in front lead blocking. That's why we and he were as successful. We had one extra blocker that most teams couldn't account for.

Hey ol' Butch ...

Didn't mean to cause any dilemas ...

Didn't know that you wasn't allowing that ...

I would send you a private message but I can't figure it out ...

But I think you can catch my drift and know what I'm talking about ...

Click on his profile and leave him a comment. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On the contrary, I care. Gerry Bertier is a smart guy. He knows what he's talking about. MP clearly had more talent than McKenzie. They were bigger, and they had more atheletes. Tell me, when you have 6-5 230lb tight end with the athleticism and speed of Preston Gilbreath. How can you not get him the ball? Also, you've got McClenic w/4.6, 4.7 speed who can run and catch in the flat. You have good wideouts in Corlew, Houston, Stoops, heck Bubba Clifton could have caught passes out of backfield or screens, curls, hooks, slants. I didn't see one slant pass all night or even a wide reciever screen.

McKenzie was more discipline though and had a fine quaterback. They stayed at home on defense and tackled better. Only a superhuman effort by Daily kept them in the game. Coach Smith will never have another back like Daily, but he should found ways to help him. Don't get me wrong, the style he used was unique with the single wing and it evolved over the coarse of two years to what it was this past Friday. It was just a bone crushing offense. It was fun to watch. But b/c of MPs lack of balance, nobody is gonna get to see Marco Dailey play in the boro on the turf!, which would be more fun that watching Mckenzie (no disrespect, they are a very fine football team). It's sad. very sad.

wuzMP63 you have complained about the offense all season,but let me point out a few things for you, the last 3 weeks we have scored over 30 points on teams whose defense was giving up less than 10 points a game, including 32 on a tough Mckenzie, that is 5 TD's,count them 5, does it matter how you score as long as you score. We had one drive stopped after a pass was dropped that hit a reciever in the numbers, no knock on the kid he just simply dropped it. Hey I love Preston G, heck of a athlete, but just because a guy is 6-5, does'nt mean he is going to catch the ball every time you throw it up in his direction. if MP stops Mckenzie on the last go ahead possesion we more than likely win this game, that has nothing to do with our offense, as a matter of fact the best defense we have had the last couple of weeks as been ball control and time of possession. So please don't get on here and complain about a offense that averaged over 26 points a game on teams with a combined record of 33-3. The Tigers and coaching staff had a great season and we don't need a coach from the top row getting on here and telling them how to run the team, Just remember how many times we made it to the semi-finals before this coaching staff got here.

wuzMP63 you have complained about the offense all season,but let me point out a few things for you, the last 3 weeks we have scored over 30 points on teams whose defense was giving up less than 10 points a game, including 32 on a tough Mckenzie, that is 7 TD's,count them 7, does it matter how you score as long as you score. We had one drive stopped after a pass was dropped that hit a reciever in the numbers, no knock on the kid he just simply dropped it. Hey I love Preston G, heck of a athlete, but just because a guy is 6-5, does'nt mean he is going to catch the ball every time you throw it up in his direction. if MP stops Mckenzie on the last go ahead possesion we more than likely win this game, that has nothing to do with our offense, as a matter of fact the best defense we have had the last couple of weeks as been ball control and time of possession. So please don't get on here and complain about a offense that averaged over 26 points a game on teams with a combined record of 33-3. The Tigers and coaching staff had a great season and we don't need a coach from the top row getting on here and telling them how to run the team, Just remember how many times we made it to the semi-finals before this coaching staff got here.

mtp did score points with that offense, but you dont know how much more they could have scored with a diferent one....i think they should have gone with a "arkansas" type offense, you can have daily in the backfield all the time either way, either qb or runnning back, but if you had a different quarterback then you might keep daily as a rb, or put him as a wide out. but either way, mtp had a great season, congrats, and good luck next year

If you have someone handing the ball off you have one guy that could be blocking that isn't. With him taking a direct snap you have one more person in front lead blocking. That's why we and he were as successful. We had one extra blocker that most teams couldn't account for.

Against McKenzie it wasn't blocking that mattered...it wasn't very good on MP's part. A lot of missed tackles by McKenzie is what I saw

Against McKenzie it wasn't blocking that mattered...it wasn't very good on MP's part. A lot of missed tackles by McKenzie is what I saw

With all due respect you weren't at the game. You have seen film but you don't always get the whole story from the film. Dailey does a lot on his own. He turns a 5 yard gain into a 15 yard gain. And turns a 15 yard gain into a 50 yard gain. That's because he is so good.

Congrats to the Rebels and congrats to MP. I hate to see all this talk about coulda woulda shoulda after such a good game. Let's not forget that MP scored 5 TD's and McKenzie scored 5 TD's. Extra points wound up being the decision maker. I think the thing I was most impressed with was McKenzie's coaching. They showed great discipline by sticking with the ground game despite being able to pass on them whenever they felt like it. There were times when I said they should just air it out but they didn't and at the end of the game guess what...the run game came through and was the deciding factor. Again congrats to both teams and I appreciate the hospitality Butchie even though I missed out.

wuzMP63 you have complained about the offense all season,but let me point out a few things for you, the last 3 weeks we have scored over 30 points on teams whose defense was giving up less than 10 points a game, including 32 on a tough Mckenzie, that is 7 TD's,count them 7, does it matter how you score as long as you score.

I don't know how they teach you folks in M.P. to count, but I cannot get 7 TD's out of 32 points any way I try. Am I missing something? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I don't know how they teach you folks in M.P. to count, but I cannot get 7 TD's out of 32 points any way I try. Am I missing something? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Things are just bigger, better and more interesting over here in Middle Tennessee--come on over and see for yourself! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />