Mckenzie Host Mt. Pleasant

HomeyTheClown

Well if anyone is interested I just ran across some interesting stats. I know MTP will say they are not a one man team and I agree there D has stepped up big in the playoffs. However with that said on offense this is what I came across.

Total yardage for the season including playoffs

Team: 4625 yds

Marco: 3266 yds

71% of the total

Total offensive tds for the season including playoffs

Team: 58

Marco: 30 (excluding what he threw I gave those to the recievers)

52% of the total

Total yardage for the playoffs

Team: 1087yds

Marco: 911yds

84% of the total

Total offensive tds for the postseason

Team: 11

Marco: 8

73% of the total

I will let you guys debate what this all means, but to me it seems regardless of what anyone says if you take away 70+% of anyones offense they would be in trouble. However I know that is easier said than done.

(these stats were pulled from the Tennessean and could be subject to debate.)

McKenzie (12-1, 7-0)

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score

----------------- -- -- -- -- -----

Opponents ............. 29 41 46 26 - 142

McKenzie............. 152 166 119 99 - 537

Team Statistics

Team Statistics (Final)

2007 McKENZIE HIGH SCHOOL REBELS

CUMULATIVE STATISTICS

MHS OPP

FINAL SCORE................... 537 142

FIRST DOWNS................... 213 101

YARDS RUSHING............. 2713 1132

YARDS PASSING............. 2169 816

Comp.-Att.-Int.............. 125-220-6 62-167-16

TOTAL OFFENSE YARDS............ 4882 1948

NO. OF PLAYS.................. 595 546

FUMBLES-LOST.................. 18-8 35-24

PENALTIES-YARD.................. 66-619 50-349

PUNTS-YARDS AVG................ 17-39.8 44-31.8

TIME OF POSSESSION............ 295:41 328:19

AVG. POSSESSION TIME......... 22:45 25:15

THIRD DOWN COVERSIONS........... 44-91 30-117

FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS......... 20-33 7-28

RED ZONE SCORES-CHANCES....... 54-67 12-17

TAKEAWAYS .................... +26 -26

Individual Statistics

Individual Statistics (Final)

2007 McKENZIE HIGH SCHOOL REBELS

MHS Rushing Leaders No Yds TD

----------------------------

Tyler Moore 198 1251 23

Derek Carr 59 378 11

Jacob Fussell 39 329 3

Jake Johnson 49 322 7

Quinton Bowden 23 151 3

John Campbell 17 65 1

Austin McKinney 10 95 1

Jace Hargrove 14 67 1

Andrew Doster 2 8 0

Travis Coleman 1 1 1

Devin Wagner 1 1 0

Keon Williams 2 -6 0

Totals... 375 2713 51

NFL NCAA

MHS Passing Leaders Att-Cmp-Int Yds TD Passing Efficiency

---------------------------------------------------------

Derek Carr 125-215-6 2169 17 107.30 163.39

Austin McKinney 0- 3-0 0 0 39.58 0.00

Kirby Esch 0- 2-0 0 0 39.58 0.00

Totals... 125-220-6 2169 17 104.90 159.68

Receiving No. Yds TD

---------------------------------

Rusty Chapman 47 887 7

Shabree Payne 38 631 3

Clint Kee 16 285 4

Kyle Kirk 8 134 3

Tyler Moore 5 41 0

Quinton Bowden 3 30 0

Jacob Fussell 4 56 0

Tyler Watson 2 53 0

John Campbell 1 15 0

Nick Chappell 1 7 0

Totals... 125 2169 17

Returns No. Yds TD

---------------------------------

Quinton Bowden 20 395 1

Kyle Kirk 10 155 0

Jake Johnson 7 151 0

Evan Rogers 4 112 0

Rusty Chapman 4 69 0

Austin McKinney 4 35 0

Keon Williams 1 51 1

Tyler Reeder 1 25 1

Jacob Fussell 1 8 0

Totals 60 992 3

Punting No. Yds Long

----------------------------------

Derek Carr 17 672 55

Field Goals Made Missed Long

-------------------------------

Harris Laughrey 5 2 32

Extra Points Made Missed

-------------------------------

Harris Laughrey 67 4

TACKLES

John Campbell 103 - 12 TFL 2 fum. rec., caused fumble, 2 PBU

Tyler Reeder 64 - 14 TFL, 6 sacks, 3 QB hurries, PBU, punt block, INT TD return

Evan Rogers 63 - 8 TFL, 11 sacks, 3 QB hurries, 5 fumble recoveries, 3 PBU, INT

Austin Winstead 55 - 14 TFL 2 punt blocks, 3 QB hurries, PBU, fumble recovery

Jake Johnson 45 - 9 TFL, 2 fumble recoveries, PBU, punt block INT

Kyle Kirk 42 - 3 INT, 4 PBU, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 TFL

Jacob Fussell 40 - 11 TFL, 2 caused fumbles, fumble recovery, sack

Tyler Watson 37 - 10 TFL, fumble recovery, sack

Caleb Parham 36 - 8 TFL, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 sacks, QB hurry

Quinton Bowden 34 - 6 TFL, 4 PBU, INT, fumble recovery, sack

Rusty Chapman 27 - 5 INT, 3 PBU

Keon Williams 23 - INT, TD return

Clint Kee 20 - 5 PBU, 2 fumble recoveries, INT

Andrew Doster 12

Austin McKinney 8

Jace Hargrove 7

Shabree Payne 5 - INT, 2 PBU

Tyler Sisson 5 - 2 fumble recoveries

Harris Laughrey 4

Nick Chappell 3

Stephen Jackson 3

Jake Elliott 3

Tyler Verner 2

Devin Wagner 2

Aaron Floyd 2

Zach McEwen 3

Kelby McCaleb 1

Elijah Harris 1

Kyle Mort 1

Zach McEwen 1

Josh Rhoads 1 - PBU

John Johnson 1 - INT

Travis Coleman 1

very balance I would say

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I did this right but here's some small stats for Carr

I don't really know why were so worried about these stats though. I definately know MtP is going to put up some numbers Friday night and I know the Rebels will put up some numbers. This is definately going to be the shootout of a lifetime. Two high octane offenses against strong defenses, looks to be good if you ask me.

I started the stats because since everyone talks about Marco being a one man team I wanted to see what he makes up as far as MtP offense and I was surprised by the numbers. Though like I said stopping him is easier said than done. As far as why worry about I don't think anyone is it just gives something to talk about that is not just trash talk, but if you insist everyone can just talk trash. Since I don't have a donkey in the race I won't I won't be talking much trash. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now in fairness I took the stats above and Carr makes up 52% of McKenzie's offensive yardage, but only accounts for 16% of the td's if you give the recievers the passing td's and 41 % if you included them( I did this both ways because he does throw the ball a lot more that Marco).

52% against 70%. So that means that Marco is more important to his team. That should say something towards Mr. Football also then shouldn't it.

Wasn't Daily the Mr. Football winner last year? Either way, being there just shows how good Marco is and how important he is to MtP, an award isn't necessary to prove it because the game film proves it.

However, being that Marco is 70% responsible for all the stats MtP has, though I don't agree with those that claim it, it supports some peoples claim that Marco is the one man show. To me, it shows that Marco has good blocking and other good athletes in front of him. I believe it's a team effort, but you have those that believe other wise.

Also, that is the fatal flaw of MtP. While easier said than done, theoretically, if you can shut down Marco, then you can win, hands down, well because he's 70% of the offense.

McKenzie has the ability to contain Marco, but if he gets out, hes done and gone.

Marco is going to bring the show Friday night so McKenzie better be ready to step it up and make plays on field.

I hope McKenzie wins, but MtP isn't going down lightly and will up one heck of a fight.

I started the stats because since everyone talks about Marco being a one man team I wanted to see what he makes up as far as MtP offense and I was surprised by the numbers. Though like I said stopping him is easier said than done. As far as why worry about I don't think anyone is it just gives something to talk about that is not just trash talk, but if you insist everyone can just talk trash. Since I don't have a donkey in the race I won't I won't be talking much trash. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now in fairness I took the stats above and Carr makes up 52% of McKenzie's offensive yardage, but only accounts for 16% of the td's if you give the recievers the passing td's and 41 % if you included them( I did this both ways because he does throw the ball a lot more that Marco).

52% against 70%. So that means that Marco is more important to his team. That should say something towards Mr. Football also then shouldn't it.

Hey BigDMcK;

If you will look on page 35 of this thread, you will see a player from McKenzie posting as he says "from class". I believe he stated that everyone in that classroom was on CoachT at that very moment. I do know his screen name is physcoman1991 and for all we know he may be a freshman also. I don't recall anyone getting on his case near as bad as this player from mTp. Players tend to get caught up in the hype and the excitement of the game and there's nothing wrong with that. But how they handle it is what they are judged by. The kid from mTp says he is a freshman, so he has inexperience on his side. He's never been to this round before and we're all as proud of the ones on the sidelines as we are of the ones that get playing time. After all, the ones on the sidelines are our future.

Well First off Im a juinor and uh for ur own information i am not on the football team i just strongly support them so dont think i am getting caught up in the hype of the game cuz the only thing u hyped up is urself because on friday the McKenzie Rebels are going to give you guys the biggest whoopin since yo mommas gave u one back in the third grade so i will be with the McKenzie Maniacs Suppoting the real team so if u want to see me come find me cuz i know who is gonna win no sorry MT. Dailey not you

Well First off Im a juinor and uh for ur own information i am not on the football team i just strongly support them so dont think i am getting caught up in the hype of the game cuz the only thing u hyped up is urself because on friday the McKenzie Rebels are going to give you guys the biggest whoopin since yo mommas gave u one back in the third grade so i will be with the McKenzie Maniacs Suppoting the real team so if u want to see me come find me cuz i know who is gonna win no sorry MT. Dailey not you

Mt. pleasant can't hold our offense. And ya'lls offense won't be able to do nothing on our defense. This game will get ugly quick.

With all the athletes that MtP has it makes me wonder how dangerous they would be with a little balance. I mean they are already potented enough to be still contending for the title but if Marco was down around the 55 % mark and they spread the ball around a little more that could be real scary for an opponent. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This was slippin down the page a little--I get concerned when that happens! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't worry, one of us will vomit something else out of our mouths real soon. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />