Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

I think this will be a good game. Like I said before, I can't really make a prediction because I have not seen Hampton play. I do think this type of game is one where legends are made. I really believe both teams will have young lads that come out of this game acheiving legend status. Pujo's young lads will be ready to roll in this one. Grider's young whipper snappers should also be ready to roll. I think anytime a team plays a semifinal or championship game, certain young lads come out of the game as legends and others come out of the game simply bowing down to those legends. Which team will it be? Only time will tell us that one.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing really matters on here, all that matters is what happens in the game. hampton may not score, sp may beat them to death but i very seriously doubt it. we will see what happens but whatever team that wins probably dont want any of there players injured or even ejected from the game...so thats where all the trash talking comes into play.

MO$$Y, will you and your young lad be making the trip back down to South Pitt for this game? Oh yeah MO$$Y, in an earlier thread I wasn't talking about your young lad not receiving legend status. I was talking about some other young lad that I saw punch one of the SP players. I am sure you have taught your lad better than that.

They tried to watch some film, but I heard all of SouthPitt's guys were so fast ,it just looked like a blur. To be honest, I've watched some highlights of a few games this season on you're sports station. You fellers have a very fine team, gonna have our hands full. Either way it goes, I'll be pulling for the winner the next week. Ido know that we only got 1 film by mistake, you're Coach is a class act ,were getting the other one tomorrow. Hats off

And to think all this time I thought the player was messed up /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I heard they had to FedEx a replacement for one that didn't work. Those were our games against FC and G'ville I think. We had one of the ones we sent TC mess up too. I think the QB club needs to look at getting a new machine. I figured they had a few of the other games too. Some of our region 3 brethren will sells us out in a heartbeat /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hampton is located about 12 miles from the border of NC. Elizabethton and Johnson City are two cities that are very close to us that you might have heard of. If you made the drive up to Cloudland in 2001 when they played SP, then you had to drive through Hampton. Cloudland is about 10 miles up the road from Htown. I am sure the bus will leave very early. They move rather mythodically down the road. Last year we decided to follow the bus down to Coalfield for the 3rd round game (BIG MISTAKE). We left at 10:00 in the morning and didn't arrive to play Coalfield until 5:30. They turned a 3 hour ride into a nice little 7 1/2 hour ride. It was a little ridiculous. But then again, the bus tore up on the way to FCS last year in the 4th round. They had to bring another one to take the kids the rest of the way. So, I guess it is good that they have a lot of time in between departure and arrival...

I heard they might even come down the night before.

Do you suppose the fatigue from such a long drive had an effect on the results of the game or was FCS just that much better?I know after making a trip like that I am usually beat!

NO! The fatigue did not have anything to do with it. The best team won, but they were not that much better. We came out jacked up, then on the 1st snap of the game Jaynes lost a fumble and that turnover killed any momentum that we may have had. FCS went right down and scored on the short field. Then the QB Lunsford got knocked out at halftime and did not return. We had to put our WR Dustin Milhorn (who hadn't taken a snap at QB the whole year)in to play QB in the second half. When time expired in the second quarter(and when Lunsford got absolutely destroyed)we had the ball inside the FCS 5 yard line but we couldn't score before the half ended. On one FCS drive, we had FCS pinned on a 3 and 30 (no lie) and was called for a "questionable" pass interference that gave FCS an automatic first down. They ended up scoring on that drive. That call was HUGE. But even with Lunsford out, we outscored FCS in the second half, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. If's and's and but's...

Players on coacht talking trash. Yeah boy. That a way to focus. The awakening is near. Its going to be a long ride home. My thought is can Hampton even score? I know SP will. Over and over. Region 4 was no play toy. Now have at my comment. We will see who gets the last laugh.

some people just won't give teams credit. you are a class act MO$$$...

I heard they might even come down the night before.

that would be a very good idea. i hope they do that. the ride does take a little bit out of you...

MO$$Y, will you and your young lad be making the trip back down to South Pitt for this game? Oh yeah MO$$Y, in an earlier thread I wasn't talking about your young lad not receiving legend status. I was talking about some other young lad that I saw punch one of the SP players. I am sure you have taught your lad better than that.

I think I will be there. Son may elect to go watch his GF play roundball. I didnt think he was the one swinging for the fences. He is a real champion player. He thinks you should hit em fair. I look for him to go on and play. He still wants to. Said he is not ready for it to end yet. His grades are good and he has a better than average ACT score. Enough to get the lottery money. Where he will go will depend on if theres any offers I guess. If not he would be a good walk on. His weight is now 230. 6'3" and growing. He is only 17. As you can tell, I am proud of him and I have kept him focused. He has played since he was six. Footballs been his life so far. I will continue to support and guide him as long as he wants me to.