Hampton vs. South Pitt

Lord Vader

If you played them at FCS then you have every reason to believe there was some home cooking going on. We have it on tape. http://www.tntempleacademy.com/site_flash/...dship_Video.htm

There is a spot in the film where the FCS clearly signals a fair catch, our guys back off, the ball hits the ground, the returner picks it up and runs down the field to about the thirty yard line. For some reason, not one of the officials saw it, though they were all looking at it. What made it worse was that the officials refused to clarify the call with our head coach while he was standing there trying to get someone to answer his question.

I was there..it was a very, very bad call. The only ones who didn't see the fair catch signaled was the refs. I doubt it was home cooking because playoff refs come from an area not associated with either team (like last friday they were from Maryville). But it was as bad a call as you will see in HS football

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can slather it however you want.....the kid is just big. He's not particularly fat, but definitely has some meat on him. He is in good shape, but he will, because of his size, have to take a breather from time to time. Roop isn't going to change the outcome of the game by himself, but SP has no one in front of him that is superior to him. He is a big kid that obviously enjoys playing football. AND I really wouldn't make him mad..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> !

Kazzito

I was there..it was a very, very bad call. The only ones who didn't see the fair catch signaled was the refs. I doubt it was home cooking because playoff refs come from an area not associated with either team (like last friday they were from Maryville). But it was as bad a call as you will see in HS football

Zone nothing to do with this game but what about the Ray Charles call on Rashawn's pass interference call last Friday night. Just another Zebra trying to determine the outcome of a game.

piratemike......they better be! You may think I'm exaggerating......you won't Friday night when he gets off the bus. I don't even support Hampton, but this kid was given all the tools to be an exceptional football player. You will have to convince me that any player Roop meets head-on, that the other kid will win that battle. I've seen him....he ain't gonna lose straight up. Ask Pujo!

I saw a lot smaller Midway lineman roll him up.... several times mano a mano. Maybe Roop was just having a bad first half because he should be big enough to kill just about anybody in 1A

one linemen is not going to make a difference in this game anyways! Ask anyone from region 4 and they will tell you that there whole line was way bigger than ours but we overcame it in everyway. It really doesn't matter how big you are. You gotta remember those little fellers can be pretty strong too..

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zone nothing to do with this game but what about the Ray Charles call on Rashawn's pass interference call last Friday night. Just another Zebra trying to determine the outcome of a game.

After watching the film it was a close but good call. Rashawn had position but lost the ball and got into him early. Actually a good move by Rashawn because a 15 yard 1st down is better than a 30+ yrd 1st down

piratemike......they better be! You may think I'm exaggerating......you won't Friday night when he gets off the bus. I don't even support Hampton, but this kid was given all the tools to be an exceptional football player. You will have to convince me that any player Roop meets head-on, that the other kid will win that battle. I've seen him....he ain't gonna lose straight up. Ask Pujo!

Kazitter /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If him and the entire line cant run under 5sec 40s which GV did. You will never make the corner before SP streaks down the sideline. GVs line flows very well and stopped a lot of could have been TDs against slower teams. I am sure if you catch the running back head on you can drop him. But thats easier said than done. They wont present you that chance often. GVs down linemen averaged 8 tackles upward per game. Still not good enough to win. Its what happens past the line as you will soon see.

Yeah, I am sure he is big, and that is fine. Best of luck to him in whatever he does outside of High School. But I guarantee the first player to pop him will be about 5-9 150lbs and wearing either #35 or #25. Those two boys don't care. My advice to the Pirates, run away from him, but I would like to see him get popped a couple of times.

If he's that big just run the sweep to his side. He'll block off his own teams backside pursuit. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I wouldn't try to make a living running at Roop,you'll go broke. 6FT 7 AND 310 don't do him justice. Try at the very least 350. The only thing I've seen people try to do to him all year long is dive at his legs. I expect no different this week. He's a dag gummed MONSTER.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> sounds like the frankenstein monster to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If he's that big just run the sweep to his side. He'll block off his own teams backside pursuit. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I am sure he is far from a Warren Sapp in ability. Size maybe. There is not many around like that even in the pros. First SP will try the trap. If they cant trap him then the new plan comes into effect. I dont think he will get out of the blocks before the SPs RB passes his position. Then as they say. Thats the rest of the story. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />