Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ve seen both teams play. Mill can run it but not throw it. Indi can run it and throw it and has the D to limit the running game of mill. the key here is spreacial teams and indi wins that hands down. Great kicker and punter and real good return guys. The play calling again goes to indi. imaginative and will take chances all over the field. prediction indie 35 mill 21..il be there.

Welcome to the board since you are posting for the first time. When did you see Millington play? I am curious that you say we can't throw the ball. We can but because we average over 7 yds a carry, we pick our spots to throw the ball. We are very effective too. Our QB has a completion rate of 50% and has thrown 13 TD's to only 2 INT. Just as I stated to another poster, stack 11 in the box and see how well we can pass it then.

Pops,

After you guys defeated HL last year, did you endure a similar thrashing on the boards? Did people expect WS to run up, over, and around every single one of your defenders?

I believe the posts from before January 15, 2007 were deleted, so I can't go back and check myself, but I was wondering if this is how it always is.

If I remember correctly, there was virtually no comments at all coming from WS. The thread may have reached 2-3 pages. I was kind of disappointed, but I don't recall any negative posts. Most were telling the RHS people where to eat, where to park and inviring them to tailgate with them, all in all pretty positive. The Smyrna thread however got very ugly and spilled over to the post game

An what team do you go for exactly? Our strength of schedule may not have been that strong, but we have 8 teams in our region, not our fault they weren't as strong, not saying they are bad just having building years! In the the playoffs as i said before we knocked off the #4 & #2, so i know your strength of schedule hasn't been tougher there! And The west will prevail this year, and unlike most of the teams on here that are merely senior oriented, Millington has a well mix of soph. jr., and sr. so we will be a force to mess with some years to come! So we will represent for the West this year and many years to come! Well im glad you speak for the rest of the state, but yall are fixing to come upon a rude awakening! Also i consider the #2, 3, and 4 teams in the the state top caliber teams! And now we have the rightful team as #1 Go Millington Trojans All I say M-TOWN STATE BOUND!

Just curious, where do you get your rankings from because if I am correct you are referring to White Station and Whitehaven as the #2 and #3 teams in the state?

Welcome to the board since you are posting for the first time. When did you see Millington play? I am curious that you say we can't throw the ball. We can but because we average over 7 yds a carry, we pick our spots to throw the ball. We are very effective too. Our QB has a completion rate of 50% and has thrown 13 TD's to only 2 INT. Just as I stated to another poster, stack 11 in the box and see how well we can pass it then.

Well, if you want to talk qb stats. Alex Heckman is 106 for 66 (63% comp. rate) with 1103 yards, 10 td's, and 2 int, and hes only played 8 games. Indy packs the running attack, as well as the passing attack. That is why I think Millington wont be able to shut them down.

Yes but I'm saying that Millington will not have that easy of a time running imo. They will be forced to throw a bit more, regardless of the game plan (we all know game plans are adjusted to things not working). The small increase in throwing will be Indy's chance to make big defensive plays.

On a side note, this running attack seems similar to the running attack that Indy faced last year against Dickson County. Granted Millington's is probably better, and this smash mouth football will once again test Indy's will to win. They got beat once(DC), and I think they will learn from last year's mistakes to force Millington to throw. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Indy shut down the Dickson run game this year in Dickson but the Dickson run game is nothing like what I've seen from Millington's highlights. The linebackers Consiglio (12), Rolon (88), Fowler (6), and Robinson(3) will have to utilize their speed in order to slow down Simpson and Knowlton

The pick-'em poll on the side of the homepage. It had Millington at around 80% the last time I saw.

The pickem poll for Ravenwood v Oakridge in 2005 had Oakridge at 85%. These are fans opions and when it comes down to 2 teams from different parts of the state, NO ONE can truely prdict a winner, so enjoy the banter and the game Friday night to see who comes out on top.

Well, if you want to talk qb stats. Alex Heckman is 106 for 66 (63% comp. rate) with 1103 yards, 10 td's, and 2 int, and hes only played 8 games. Indy packs the running attack, as well as the passing attack. That is why I think Millington wont be able to shut them down.

Hey Rhino, 106 for 66 is actually a 160% completion rate. Just kidding, the kid is a tremendous QB and no telling how great he will become in the next 2 years. IHS is blessed to have him.

We played against a Mr. Football finalist who threw for over 3000 yards on the season so dont think we have'nt seen a passing attack this year you will not stop our runnung game it will not happen maybe next year but probally not.We'll see who will be on this board after friday night.

The pickem poll for Ravenwood v Oakridge in 2005 had Oakridge at 85%. These are fans opions and when it comes down to 2 teams from different parts of the state, NO ONE can truely prdict a winner, so enjoy the banter and the game Friday night to see who comes out on top.

Yes, your right, I was pointing out the poll to shook27, because he asked where someone got their poll information from, and seemed a bit suprised that Millington was favored.