Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

I already figured po dunk did'nt have a car just keep fliipin those burgers boy.You talk much trash for someone who won't even make a trip out to support there team.Get a life son.Millington fans are not cocky.Our attitude is like this every game,It's gonna be a tight game it can go either way besides our players will prove who the better team is.We have a squad you have a so called squad which you wont come and support.Fridai it all comes down to who wants it more.All I have to say is we're ready grow boy dont you have a life your on the message board more than anyone else on here get a girlfriend or boyfriend probally boyfriend by your actions and go have a good time.

It's gonna be a tight game? I didn't know 56-10 predictions were classified as tight. The only attitudes towards the game that I have seen on here, are those of it being a blowout.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already figured po dunk did'nt have a car just keep fliipin those burgers boy.You talk much trash for someone who won't even make a trip out to support there team.Get a life son.Millington fans are not cocky.Our attitude is like this every game,It's gonna be a tight game it can go either way besides our players will prove who the better team is.We have a squad you have a so called squad which you wont come and support.Fridai it all comes down to who wants it more.All I have to say is we're ready grow boy dont you have a life your on the message board more than anyone else on here get a girlfriend or boyfriend probally boyfriend by your actions and go have a good time.

Spell check edition is on the way for you as well...I hope your boys play football better than you spell. I feel dumber after every post I read from you guys...smoke another one dude!

yeah, I think I'm pretty much done posting here...

To the unsupporting Franklin meat flutes, get over it and support a Williamson County team. You guys posted a whole lot more trash than any one else from IHS, and you cannot prove differently. And that fhssoccer kid, I'll bet you'd take the time to count all the smack-talking posts.

Also, I'm going to have to agree with hville and gpl. Please, no more adversity talking. Its depressing and not really related to this game.

And I'll say it again. I don't know a thing about Memphis teams, and thats probably the same most of you can say about Williamson County teams. One thing I am fairly sure about though...football is taken way more seriouslly here.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This thread is out of control. Gilligan, can you please stop bashing Millington? We know they are a bit arrogant, but all these posts just make you look stupid. Seriously. Also, Franklin fans: What the heck? I've always thought of you guys as very classy individuals when it came to post-game comments and such. Why can't you just be gracious in defeat? I HIGHLY doubt that coaches and people were trash talking you that badly, and if so (and from what I've heard) you guys did it during the game, too. So I just don't understand why you have no respect for a quality Indy team that straight up beat you. I just don't get it.

Ok, now can we just calm down and just get back to discussing things, with the pace of postings, we could reach 70 pages by game time!

Indy and Millington both have stellar running games. Pettigrew and the trio from Millington will be fun to watch come Friday night. I don't expect much passing from Millington, from what it sounds, and I think Indy might have the advantage in this situation. Heckman has turned into a premier passer this season (similar to a Tebow, only not as good YET /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ). Millington might have home-field and defensive advantages, but I think Indy has more to prove and so I can say that this will be THE BEST GAME IN 5A this year. Both teams will be looking to advance to their first 'ship and it will probably come down to a big 4th quarter play (probably on defense, or kicking) to win the game. Anything productive to say about this, or will be resort to "Your momma" jokes and spewing ridiculous scores at each other that we know won't come true?

yeah, I think I'm pretty much done posting here...

To the unsupporting Franklin meat flutes, get over it and support a Williamson County team. You guys posted a whole lot more trash than any one else from IHS, and you cannot prove differently. And that fhssoccer kid, I'll bet you'd take the time to count all the smack-talking posts.

Also, I'm going to have to agree with hville and gpl. Please, no more adversity talking. Its depressing and not really related to this game.

And I'll say it again. I don't know a thing about Memphis teams, and thats probably the same most of you can say about Williamson County teams. One thing I am fairly sure about though...football is taken way more seriouslly here.

I think most everyone is pretty passionate about supporting their team. That's great, and as it should be. gilligan needs to have his reigns pulled in because he's really doing IHS a disservice by his attitude. The Millington folks will respond as aggressively as they feel provoked to respond. I see the blowout predictions, and I think those should be taken with a grain of salt. Suffice it to say, they feel that comfy about their Trojans, not neccesarily an indication of disrespect towards IHS.

Yes, the adversity issues really don't relate to the game. Those topics should be kept out of the discussion.

I do have an 'on topic' question. So many times we read posts relating to the central/east Tn teams being superior to the west. To what do you attribute that difference? Is it the off season work? If so, what kind of off season workouts do your guys go through? What does a typical weight room consist of in your part of the state?

We (White Station) do have off season workouts. Perhaps the routines they go through aren't as rigourous as other programs? Our weight room could use space and more machines. We got squat racks and benches. I'm curious if some of the high school weight rooms are equipped more like a university weight room.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This thread is out of control. Gilligan, can you please stop bashing Millington? We know they are a bit arrogant, but all these posts just make you look stupid. Seriously. Also, Franklin fans: What the heck? I've always thought of you guys as very classy individuals when it came to post-game comments and such. Why can't you just be gracious in defeat? I HIGHLY doubt that coaches and people were trash talking you that badly, and if so (and from what I've heard) you guys did it during the game, too. So I just don't understand why you have no respect for a quality Indy team that straight up beat you. I just don't get it.

Ok, now can we just calm down and just get back to discussing things, with the pace of postings, we could reach 70 pages by game time!

Indy and Millington both have stellar running games. Pettigrew and the trio from Millington will be fun to watch come Friday night. I don't expect much passing from Millington, from what it sounds, and I think Indy might have the advantage in this situation. Heckman has turned into a premier passer this season (similar to a Tebow, only not as good YET /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ). Millington might have home-field and defensive advantages, but I think Indy has more to prove and so I can say that this will be THE BEST GAME IN 5A this year. Both teams will be looking to advance to their first 'ship and it will probably come down to a big 4th quarter play (probably on defense, or kicking) to win the game. Anything productive to say about this, or will be resort to "Your momma" jokes and spewing ridiculous scores at each other that we know won't come true?

I was very skeptical about Millington's lack of a passing game going into our game against them also. I felt like it made them very one dimensional. They threw one completion, and one incomplete that I recall (might be more, but if so, certainly fewer than 5 pass attempts). The reason the didn't throw more was made very apparent to us. They simply had no need for it. The passes the did throw, were on target, and the incomplete pass was incomplete only because our db made a good play on the ball. So I would be prepared to defend their passing game. The bigger challenge will be to sut down their running game well enough that they feel the need to pass some.

Their kicking game is solid as well. Basically, unless they go back to the turnover problem they had vs Whitehaven, they are very solid across the board. It will require a very solid effort by their opponent to make the game competitive. If IHS can show up and avoid turnovers, sensless penalties, and if IHS defense can keep Millington's 'big play' threat under control, then yes, you'll have your 4th play of the game that wins it for one of you.

I think most everyone is pretty passionate about supporting their team. That's great, and as it should be. gilligan needs to have his reigns pulled in because he's really doing IHS a disservice by his attitude. The Millington folks will respond as aggressively as they feel provoked to respond. I see the blowout predictions, and I think those should be taken with a grain of salt. Suffice it to say, they feel that comfy about their Trojans, not neccesarily an indication of disrespect towards IHS.

Yes, the adversity issues really don't relate to the game. Those topics should be kept out of the discussion.

I do have an 'on topic' question. So many times we read posts relating to the central/east Tn teams being superior to the west. To what do you attribute that difference? Is it the off season work? If so, what kind of off season workouts do your guys go through? What does a typical weight room consist of in your part of the state?

We (White Station) do have off season workouts. Perhaps the routines they go through aren't as rigourous as other programs? Our weight room could use space and more machines. We got squat racks and benches. I'm curious if some of the high school weight rooms are equipped more like a university weight room.

You guys are no fun...I'm retired...for good this time.

Good luck to both teams!!!

Since the Western 5A teams have only played teams from Williamson County in the last 6 years, I'll take a stab at this one. The answer is simple:

Funding. Our schools are the best in the state and our facilities reflect this. The talent level is comparable, but it's the advantages in facilities (which, in turn, leads to an advantage in offseason routines) that really pushes it over the top. I also think that the overall team discipline is higher in the middle of the state. There are fewer players that drop out, fewer players that fail to make the grades, fewer players getting in trouble, etc. This isn't a knock on the Memphis area, but merely a reflection of what statistics would confirm. For some reason, teams from the middle seem to have significant coaching advantages...I don't think this is for any reason except that the schools in the middle have gotten lucky to discover some of the brightest young minds in coaching before anybody else did.

Just my thoughts.

Since the Western 5A teams have only played teams from Williamson County in the last 6 years, I'll take a stab at this one. The answer is simple:

Funding. Our schools are the best in the state and our facilities reflect this. The talent level is comparable, but it's the advantages in facilities (which, in turn, leads to an advantage in offseason routines) that really pushes it over the top. I also think that the overall team discipline is higher in the middle of the state. There are fewer players that drop out, fewer players that fail to make the grades, fewer players getting in trouble, etc. This isn't a knock on the Memphis area, but merely a reflection of what statistics would confirm. For some reason, teams from the middle seem to have significant coaching advantages...I don't think this is for any reason except that the schools in the middle have gotten lucky to discover some of the brightest young minds in coaching before anybody else did.

Just my thoughts.

That really has nothing to do with the game besides Nillington is in the county.We have to differnt school systems here.One is the memphis city school and the other is shelby county school.We are in the county schools.Maybe the city school has dicipline problems but it is all good in the county.The coaches are great the community supports their team it is all good here in Millington.Im really looking forward to this game I dont know much about Indy but it looks like ya'll pass more than you run we are the opposite.So lets see who comes to play it will be a great game.Come early we was about 6000 people deep last weekend it will probally be more like 8000 for this game.

That really has nothing to do with the game besides Nillington is in the county.We have to differnt school systems here.One is the memphis city school and the other is shelby county school.We are in the county schools.Maybe the city school has dicipline problems but it is all good in the county.The coaches are great the community supports their team it is all good here in Millington.Im really looking forward to this game I dont know much about Indy but it looks like ya'll pass more than you run we are the opposite.So lets see who comes to play it will be a great game.Come early we was about 6000 people deep last weekend it will probally be more like 8000 for this game.

ctrojan70, the question donathan was responding was responding towasn't regarding the IHS/Millington game specifically. The question was much more in general since historically speaking, the central and east Tn teams do win more state level games vs their west Tn counterparts. His reply isn't neccesarily saying anything negative about Millington (the town, school, or team). Just his opinion on why the west doesn't win more of these games. If ya'll take care of business, you'll give west Tn one more win vs the central/east Tn schools.

i find it funny that people from indy, or williamson county, are bashing each other. on the other hand, all of memphis and shelby county are cheering for millington. yet, weve beaten every team we have played, and they still cheer for us to win. obviously indy doesnt have good sportsmanship.

and i was not "bragging" about my friends dying. why would i do that? someone wanted to talk about adversity. THAT is adversity. Look at VTech. thats all i have to say about this.

Just my thoughts.

Can you share a bit more regarding what kind of facilities you have? What kind of routine do the players go through? I recall hearing some "back in the day" stories of 2-a-days that would rival college/NFL type of football camps giving some very positive results. However, I don't think most parents would allow their kids to be subjected to that level of a workout now.

I think there is a lack of discipline in this area, generally speaking. There are schools that do run a tight ship, hold high expectations for the players to be good students and good citizens. This creates better discpline on the field. It may be a trend that gets adopted by other area schools, but that does affect the quality of some of the local programs. I am confident in the coaching staff we have at White Station. They actually run a program, have a plan for what they do, and are very successful in reaching goals. There's still work to be done, but the program is continuing to grow. I have seen other schools that do not have much of a program to speak of, and the results are pretty obvious.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts donathan.