Independence @ Millington

donathan5507

i find it funny that people from indy, or williamson county, are bashing each other. on the other hand, all of memphis and shelby county are cheering for millington. yet, weve beaten every team we have played, and they still cheer for us to win. obviously indy doesnt have good sportsmanship.

and i was not "bragging" about my friends dying. why would i do that? someone wanted to talk about adversity. THAT is adversity. Look at VTech. thats all i have to say about this.

shook, most of that is from gilligan coming in to stir the pot a bit for his amusement. I imagine IHS is like any other program, they'll have fans that show good spotsmanship, and others that won't. Plus, the west Tn crew that's jumping on Millington's bandwagon is hungry to see something good for west Tn. Ya'll beat us, so if you bring it all home, it makes us feel better 2 ways. 1) we got beat by state champs instead of an "also ran". 2) West Tn wants a state title for a change.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it funny that people from indy, or williamson county, are bashing each other. on the other hand, all of memphis and shelby county are cheering for millington. yet, weve beaten every team we have played, and they still cheer for us to win. obviously indy doesnt have good sportsmanship.

and i was not "bragging" about my friends dying. why would i do that? someone wanted to talk about adversity. THAT is adversity. Look at VTech. thats all i have to say about this.

shook, most of that is from gilligan coming in to stir the pot a bit for his amusement. I imagine IHS is like any other program, they'll have fans that show good spotsmanship, and others that won't. Plus, the west Tn crew that's jumping on Millington's bandwagon is hungry to see something good for west Tn. Ya'll beat us, so if you bring it all home, it makes us feel better 2 ways. 1) we got beat by state champs instead of an "also ran". 2) West Tn wants a state title for a change.

The teams from central/east Tn have seen more titles overall, so they're looking for the individual success, more than the regional success that we are looking for(generally speaking).

Heart Wont Help you against Millington. and Consiglio Wont be able to stop millingtons running back. Look for him to run all over the Indy D

YOu forgot a 42-16 loss to franklin, and barely winning last night 17-14 on a jump ball to get into field goal range

Indy will not come out of nowhere and Beat them. Easy win for Millington

The reason we dont support indy is their lack of sportsmanship and respect.

1. A rediculous announcer that needs to be more unbias. making very unsportmanlike statements after the game. rubbing it in that franklin lost.

2. A Jack a## coach. Coming over to the franklin side taunting us after the game. saying we were talking all week and now where is the talk now? taunting us that we lost. sounds like a real sportsmanlike head coach.

3. The indy Fans. The way they bash other teams on the message boards. It is rediculous and you have to remember you are talking about HIGH SCHOOLERS.

Thats why we dont support INDY

They need to lay down this game will be no contest.

On the other side. i give indy maybe 9 points all game. Veras is the only one that will score

Not this year. Millington puts up 49 on indy

Indy will do no tail spanking. they will probably have their tails between their legs.

Millington 49- indy 9

QUOTE THIS

First off, I extremely doubt that Eubanks would go to the Franklin side after the game and taunt the team (unless they changed the meaning of the handshake). Secondly, please don't turn this into a Ravenwood/Smyrna thing. I saw a bunch of Indy players hugging and consoling a bunch of Franklin players after the game. And I heard nothing unsportsmanlike from the PA guy. This is why people have a bad perception of Franklin fans, because you guys do nothing but bash other schools, and when you get beat, you are bitter and make stupid posts like this. I'm sure the Franklin players are disappointed, but they have enough respect for their opponents, teammates, coaches, and fans not to jump out and trash the other school. Now show your team and your school some respect, take your loss and move on.

"A Jack a## coach. Coming over to the franklin side taunting us after the game. saying we were talking all week and now where is the talk now? taunting us that we lost. sounds like a real sportsmanlike head coach." From Franktownsoccer

Franktown: I can assure you that the Indy Head Coach was nowhere near the FHS sideline making any such comment or gestures. Here is why....First of all, I am the Head Coach, so you heard/read it straight from me. After the game, I met the FHS staff at mid-field and recognized their tremendous effort. I then proceeded to find the likes of Anthony Steele, Casey Dikes, Tucker Cathy, Keylo Lee, etc to congratulate them all on a fine season. Your accusation is untrue and a mis-representation of myself and what I stand for in this game.

As for this thread, I am embarassed to see what is being displayed here. I can assure you that many of the comments being posted from so-called IHS followers are not an accurate representation of the Independence football program.

I hope this thread will do a 360 and recognize that two excellent, proven, and deserving football programs are playing for an opportunity of a lifetime this Friday night. Otherwise..CoachT, shut it down!

My goal here was to accurately represent the IHS program and show the Millington program the respect that they definately deserve. I feel that neither program has been accurately represented so far, and both deserve props for their hard work and success thus far. Obvisoulsy, I have a huge game to prepare for at this time, and will not waste anymore time in an unproductive thread.

Coach Eubanks

Independence High School

Head Coach

Most people in the WilCo area are indeed cheering for Indy in this one. Just a few bitter fans are coming on here and talking smack.

Can you share a bit more regarding what kind of facilities you have? What kind of routine do the players go through? I recall hearing some "back in the day" stories of 2-a-days that would rival college/NFL type of football camps giving some very positive results. However, I don't think most parents would allow their kids to be subjected to that level of a workout now.

I think there is a lack of discipline in this area, generally speaking. There are schools that do run a tight ship, hold high expectations for the players to be good students and good citizens. This creates better discpline on the field. It may be a trend that gets adopted by other area schools, but that does affect the quality of some of the local programs. I am confident in the coaching staff we have at White Station. They actually run a program, have a plan for what they do, and are very successful in reaching goals. There's still work to be done, but the program is continuing to grow. I have seen other schools that do not have much of a program to speak of, and the results are pretty obvious.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts donathan.

I can't think of a program that runs a current routine as rigorous as the one you described. The TSSAA implemented alot of rules to limit what coaches could and could not do, as well as when they could do it. I remember a few years ago alot of schools in the Metro Area were having trouble with heat-illness among their athletes (a few tragically lost their lives). As a result, many programs started to slow-down alot of their offseason routines.

The facilities here are very good. Most WilCo schools have full-sized practice fields as well as some quality weight-rooms. Alot of good film programs around here that provide coaches with video and editing equipment. Also, the booster clubs are very generous, and will not shy away from pulling out the checkbook.

Well, we certainly have some passionate posters in this thread. And thank you coach for your thoughts, they are welcome indeed.

Much has been written about the relatve lack of State Title wins by W. TN teams. There was a very interesting thread regarding this in the general football section. What I found intriguing is that W. TN teams have actually been to the finals as often as one would expect statistically speaking. What is not at issue is the athletic ability of players from around here ( in 2004 there were 33 players in the NFL, 13 from the Memphis area alone, 4 more from Jackson TN. Heck, Melrose itself had 5, about as many as all of E. TN ).

I think there are at least two major factors at play here. First, Memphis contains a huge number of the schools involved in W. TN athletics, and I think our school system does not do a good job at all in properly funding or supporting athletics. Almost no city school has its own stadium, and most of the weight rooms are substandard.

Second, by and large, the community support that a school gets when its the only "game" in a small town or middle class suburb vs that of a school located in a large city cannot be overestimated. Just some food for thought.

'Nuff of the philosophizing, we can discuss these issues more after the season is over.