Fulton Falcons @ Pearl-Cohn Firebirds

Big Country

Okay folks HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! It's the same preview as last year and it's going to eventually take place at the exact same sight as last year. Only difference from this year to last year will be that this year's game will not be the day following Thanksgiving. Turkey Day fell one week earlier than normal this year thanks to the fact that 11/1/07 was on a Thursday this year.

NOW TO THE GAME.........................

First off we should eliminate those who played last year before anyone brings that one to mind. On the Fulton Falcons side we'll go with #1 Humphrey, #6 Rogan, #21 Winters, #42 Mathis, #44 Gildner, #63 Johnson, #66 Reilly, #72 Higgins, #75 Simms, #77 Wiley-Gatewood, & #99 Hamilton. On the Pearl Cohn Firebirds side we'll go with #5 Mason, #17 Gupton, #83 Gordon, #45 Paye, #22 Gregory, #54 Hudgins, #53 Brown, #65 Smith, #74 Davidson, #42 Logan, #78 Curry, & #32 Horton (who missed the Fulton game last year due to injury). ANY TALK ABOUT ANY OF THESE PLAYERS IS NOT GOING TO HELP MATTERS IN THIS WEEK'S GAME BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL GONE OFF TO BIGGER & BETTER THINGS IN LIFE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fulton returns from that team #2 Tyson, #3 Cobb, #4 Smith, #5 Stinson, #9 Humphrey, #10 Blair, & #27 Stokes just to mention a few that I can recall. Pearl Cohn returns #15 Mason & #56 Osborne on offense and on defense they return #2 Harris, #3 Griffin, & #23 Knight. THE FALCONS RETURN MORE EXPERIENCE ON THE FIELD FROM THE GAME THAT TOOK PLACE IN NASHVILLE LAST NOVEMBER!!!!!

A lot of those same players are going to be expected to be major factors in this one if either of these teams wants to go to the Blue Cross Bowl in two weeks. In last year's game Fulton won because they won the battle up front in the line of scrimmage and they also ran the football and stopped the run because of that. In Fulton's 26-12 win at Pearl Cohn last year Jock Stinson's TD pass on the screen at the very end of the third quarter proved to be the "back breaker" to the Firebirds hopes. #2 Tyson, #4 Smith, & #9 Humphrey will present major problems to the Firebirds on both offense at receiver and on defense in the secondary. Those guys can play. #27 Stokes is a stud at linebacker. On the Pearl Cohn side #15 Mason is a quarterback quite like Fulton has never seen this year (YES THAT INCLUDES MONTGOMERY FROM AE). In last year's game Mason was injured and his mobility was severely limited in the Firebirds loss. This year he is 100% and ready to go. Mason has a new set of receivers to throw the ball to but they are all good and can present problems. #17 Hathaway, #19 Collier, #23 Knight, #85 Venoy, #82 Cox, & #81 Johnson are all players who'll see action and likely see the ball coming their way on Friday night. On defense the Firebirds are very good. They play hard and will stick you. #3 Griffin & #2 Harris are two players that Fulton knows all about. They are studs.

NOW WE KNOW WHO ARE PLAYERS THAT RETURN FROM LAST YEAR'S GAME & WHO THE PLAYERS ARE THAT ARE NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FIELD FROM LAST YEAR'S GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are some keys to this game and who will take the "rematch" this time around???????????????????

Buck Coatney's Falcons have won 3 out of 4 State Titles. Tony Brunetti's Firebirds have now reached the State Semifinals in each of his first two years as the PC head football coach.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay folks HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! It's the same preview as last year and it's going to eventually take place at the exact same sight as last year. Only difference from this year to last year will be that this year's game will not be the day following Thanksgiving. Turkey Day fell one week earlier than normal this year thanks to the fact that 11/1/07 was on a Thursday this year.

NOW TO THE GAME.........................

First off we should eliminate those who played last year before anyone brings that one to mind. On the Fulton Falcons side we'll go with #1 Humphrey, #6 Rogan, #21 Winters, #42 Mathis, #44 Gildner, #63 Johnson, #66 Reilly, #72 Higgins, #75 Simms, #77 Wiley-Gatewood, & #99 Hamilton. On the Pearl Cohn Firebirds side we'll go with #5 Mason, #17 Gupton, #83 Gordon, #45 Paye, #22 Gregory, #54 Hudgins, #53 Brown, #65 Smith, #74 Davidson, #42 Logan, #78 Curry, & #32 Horton (who missed the Fulton game last year due to injury). ANY TALK ABOUT ANY OF THESE PLAYERS IS NOT GOING TO HELP MATTERS IN THIS WEEK'S GAME BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL GONE OFF TO BIGGER & BETTER THINGS IN LIFE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fulton returns from that team #2 Tyson, #3 Cobb, #4 Smith, #5 Stinson, #9 Humphrey, #10 Blair, & #27 Stokes just to mention a few that I can recall. Pearl Cohn returns #15 Mason & #56 Osborne on offense and on defense they return #2 Harris, #3 Griffin, & #23 Knight. THE FALCONS RETURN MORE EXPERIENCE ON THE FIELD FROM THE GAME THAT TOOK PLACE IN NASHVILLE LAST NOVEMBER!!!!!

A lot of those same players are going to be expected to be major factors in this one if either of these teams wants to go to the Blue Cross Bowl in two weeks. In last year's game Fulton won because they won the battle up front in the line of scrimmage and they also ran the football and stopped the run because of that. In Fulton's 26-12 win at Pearl Cohn last year Jock Stinson's TD pass on the screen at the very end of the third quarter proved to be the "back breaker" to the Firebirds hopes. #2 Tyson, #4 Smith, & #9 Humphrey will present major problems to the Firebirds on both offense at receiver and on defense in the secondary. Those guys can play. #27 Stokes is a stud at linebacker. On the Pearl Cohn side #15 Mason is a quarterback quite like Fulton has never seen this year (YES THAT INCLUDES MONTGOMERY FROM AE). In last year's game Mason was injured and his mobility was severely limited in the Firebirds loss. This year he is 100% and ready to go. Mason has a new set of receivers to throw the ball to but they are all good and can present problems. #17 Hathaway, #19 Collier, #23 Knight, #85 Venoy, #82 Cox, & #81 Johnson are all players who'll see action and likely see the ball coming their way on Friday night. On defense the Firebirds are very good. They play hard and will stick you. #3 Griffin & #2 Harris are two players that Fulton knows all about. They are studs.

NOW WE KNOW WHO ARE PLAYERS THAT RETURN FROM LAST YEAR'S GAME & WHO THE PLAYERS ARE THAT ARE NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FIELD FROM LAST YEAR'S GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are some keys to this game and who will take the "rematch" this time around???????????????????

Buck Coatney's Falcons have won 3 out of 4 State Titles. Tony Brunetti's Firebirds have now reached the State Semifinals in each of his first two years as the PC head football coach.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well everything is true, but I think P.C. wants the state more.. its going to be a hard fought game, only flaw i see in the game is pearl-Cohn kicker. They really dont have one ,that can hurt down the line, when the game gets close... I really think that Fulton hadn't played that tough of a team yet. you may say knok co. but I think white house and station camp were the better of the teams in the playoffs besides pearl-cohn...

we can not go off what happen last year true indeed, I think home filed advt. will play a major part as well, you can not blitz mason all game . PEARL -COHN IS GOING TO THE STATE THEY CAN NOT BE STOPPED /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> well everything is true, but I think P.C. wants the state more.. its going to be a hard fought game, only flaw i see in the game is pearl-Cohn kicker. They really dont have one ,that can hurt down the line, when the game gets close... I really think that Fulton hadn't played that tough of a team yet. you may say knok co. but I think white house and station camp were the better of the teams in the playoffs besides pearl-cohn...

we can not go off what happen last year true indeed, I think home filed advt. will play a major part as well, you can not blitz mason all game . PEARL -COHN IS GOING TO THE STATE THEY CAN NOT BE STOPPED /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Fulton hasn't played a tough team yet? They only play in the toughest region in the State that's won it 5 out of the last 6 years. Anyways, moving on. You left out #54 on Fulton Big Country, starting left tackle who also graduated. Fulton had to replace alot, but it sounds like Pearl-Cohn had to replace even more. The team speed of Fulton's defense is really strong again this year and if I'm not mistaken, they've yet to give up a TD in the playoffs to this point. The running game of Fulton suffered some this year, having to replace Rogan and all 5 offensive linemen, but they've improved greatly in the playoffs, getting 185 rushing yards against AE last night. Fulton's strength lies in the guys out wide, with Humphrey, Tyson, and Smith. The Falcons also have several other skill guys like Siler, Blake, and McKinney who are good ballplayers. T Cobb is a good, strong running back and if the line blocks decent, is more than capable of getting 100+ on the ground every game. Fulton also added Wilcox, a transfer from South-Doyle who starts and is a good ballplayer at safety & running back.

Mason concerns me some, but not alot. We were able to contain him last year by getting to him quick and I think Fulton will be able to do so this year as well. The Falcons replaced 3 out the 4 starting D linemen, but they are still fast and athletic. The secondary of Fulton is VERY strong, getting 4 interceptions last night and hanging with AE step for step. Tyson and Humphrey are as good as they come at corner. Stokes will head up the linebackers and is a beast. This should be a great game.

I'll go with Fulton by 8 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Deaunte Mason will seem like a lot better football play this year to Fulton compared to last year. For one he is not limping around all over the field this year with the ankle injury. Secondly he is a year more experienced than he was last year. Finally he is just a better all around football player this season. Last year the Pearl Cohn offense was "hit or miss" to say the least. It was all Gregory running the ball and then Mason throwing the ball deep to either R. Mason, Gupton, or Gordon. This year Deaunte's passing skills are more refined and he has good receivers again and can use them in more ways than to be "just athletes". On defense Pearl Cohn is better than they were last year. Griffin & Harris are a couple of beasts at linebacker. Johnson & Venoy are a couple of incredible athletes that can do multiple things. Knight & Collier are good corners who have the ability to play on an island. THE KEY IS THE PLAY OF THE LINEMEN!!!! Last year Fulton dominated PC up front in the trenches. That's what led to Rogan having a HUGE GAME and that's why PC could not run the ball to save themselves. This year Pearl Cohn has grown a ton up front over the course of the year. The Firebirds big guys must play physical football in order for them to win this game.

Pearl Cohn: 20

Fulton: 14

I'D BE AMAZED IF WE SEE AN EXTRA POINT ATTEMPTED IN THIS GAME ALL NIGHT LONG /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey ruse?

Will you be attending this game next week when Fulton comes to Pearl Cohn???? I would love to have the opportunity to meet you face-to-face.

In my opinion this game features the player who should WITHOUT QUESTION & BEYOND THE SHADOW OF A DOUBT be named Class 3A Mr. Football Back for the 2007 Season.

Pearl Cohn quarterback Deaunte Mason has accumulated a total of 2,910 yards on the year with 32TD to go with those yards. Through the air he has completed 125/228 passes (54.8%) for 2,025 yards passing with 21TD & 8INT. On the ground he has 162 carries for 885 yards with 11TD rushes.

THAT IS AN AMAZING YEAR FOR A GUY WHO MANY DID NOT BELIEVE COULD PLAY THE POSITION COMING INTO THE 2007 SEASON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Mason had to deal with losing Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, Jeremy Gordon, & Trokon Paye to graduation. Deaveon Gregory was lost following the first game of this season and will not ever return. That list of players right there consists of Mason's starting receiver duo, backfield mates, and tight end from last year's Region 4-3A Championship & State Semifinalist bunch. The entire starting line from that team also graduated. Brian Curry, Andrew Hudgins, Tim Smith, Lewis Brown, & Nathan Davidson were that group and all are gone.

THAT ALONE MAKES DEAUNTE MASON'S YEAR EVEN MORE AMAZING WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE FACT THAT HE TOOK A COMPLETELY NEW FOOTBALL TEAM THIS YEAR AND GOT THEM BACK TO THE SEMIFINALS!!!!