Class 2A.... WHO WINS IT?

freeacen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peabody is a great team, but Alcoa has the crown until someone knocks it off of them...If i was peabody, I think right now I would be a lil more worried about G'Pasture than Alcoa....but hey they have only won like the last 3, after this year.... past four titiles.... I must have no idea what I am talking about...

Alcoa will win it, again. Randall Cobb may be the best athlete in the state, any class. I just have a hard time thinking that anybody in 2A is within 2 TD's of the Tornadoes, and that's on an off-night. If they come out hot the next two weeks, then I feel sorry for any 2A school they face, much like I've felt sorry for Goodpasture against them the past 2 contests between the two. Alcoa doesn't quite have the talent they had last year, but still loaded.

If Alcoa doesn't win state, then I'll be big-time shocked.

I guess this is what would be expected of a group around Memphis.....big talk!!! You must be crazy if you think Peabody will beat Goodpasture. I don't know if you realize, but GP and Alcoa rule TN AA football. Peabody has two players that will have to try and outscore a stable of offensive players from GP. Out of the six backs in the rotation, there are 3 that are better than any of the Mr. Football finalist. Martin runs his offense with no one star. You will see two stud fullbacks and 4 of the fastest HB's in high-school football. They will wear you down chasing them all night. Then once you try and contain, the two fullbacks will punish your defense. Then just when you think you have them contained the QB will burn you. GP could and should have beaten Camden by 3 TD's. With the exception of 3 teams GP played this year, they were by far the worst. Their Mr. Football finalist couldn't hold the jockstap of GP's linebacker/FB, Arron Gillespie. Believe it, GP will put a beatdown on Peabody...45-12. By the way, didn't Camden beat Peabody?

I guess this is what would be expected of a group around Memphis.....big talk!!! You must be crazy if you think Peabody will beat Goodpasture. I don't know if you realize, but GP and Alcoa rule TN AA football. Peabody has two players that will have to try and outscore a stable of offensive players from GP. Out of the six backs in the rotation, there are 3 that are better than any of the Mr. Football finalist. Martin runs his offense with no one star. You will see two stud fullbacks and 4 of the fastest HB's in high-school football. They will wear you down chasing them all night. Then once you try and contain, the two fullbacks will punish your defense. Then just when you think you have them contained the QB will burn you. GP could and should have beaten Camden by 3 TD's. With the exception of 3 teams GP played this year, they were by far the worst. Their Mr. Football finalist couldn't hold the jockstap of GP's linebacker/FB, Arron Gillespie. Believe it, GP will put a beatdown on Peabody...45-12. By the way, didn't Camden beat Peabody?

My question is this? Did all those runningbacks for GP play middle school football for GP? Or were those the ones who were redshirted in 05 when we (huntingdon) played you guys?

First off, that is A LOT of big talk from someone who hasn't even seen Peabody play all season long. Yes, Camden did beat Peabody in week one of the regular season. Peabody is NOT the same team that they were earlier in the year. In case you haven't noticed, Peabody has knocked Westview AND Milan out of the playoffs. These boys don't care what the name of your school is, or who beat who when and where, they play their season one game at a time. You all can underestimate Trenton if you would like to, but when it comes back to bite you in the end, there will be no excuses accepted. Thank you.

I feel sorry for the cougars from GP. They must be sick of being second best in 2a. I am sorry to say that until you all move out or we move out you all will never have a chance. Its great being 3 time defending champs. Go Tornadoes sorry cougars.

Whoa. Slow down a-town. Don't talk forever. We are having a miraculous run. Years of success in a row and seasons and teams we should always remember but there will come a time when someone will be better than us in 2A, I just don't know when that time will be. Live it up now but don't say they will never have a chance. I see more great years ahead for Alcoa and a 4th state coming this year.

ROLL TIDE................. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11ALCOA MIGHT AS WELL GET READY TO GET BEAT AND GET USED TO THE FACT THAT PEABODY IS THE BEST TEAM IN 2AA

Who the heck is Peabody and where are they even located?? I've never even heard of this team! I really hope you guys make it to the Boro because you guys have no idea what it takes to win a gold ball! Good luck friday!