Warren County

14pioneers

First of all, I'm not your friend, you don't know me.

Second of all, are you really telling me your soccer program didn't get a dime? I mean really? What exactly do you mean the "infrastructure"? Is this just a complaint about the supplement? Are you talking about summer programs and youth leagues, etc.? Those aren't the school's responsibility.

It seems to be you try to double talk and beat around the bush. If you have something to say, come out and say it. Don't try to wrap your words and be so coy. Although Hoop may be harsh, at least there's no ambiguity about his point.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm not your friend, you don't know me.

Second of all, are you really telling me your soccer program didn't get a dime? I mean really? What exactly do you mean the "infrastructure"? Is this just a complaint about the supplement? Are you talking about summer programs and youth leagues, etc.? Those aren't the school's responsibility.

It seems to be you try to double talk and beat around the bush. If you have something to say, come out and say it. Don't try to wrap your words and be so coy. Although Hoop may be harsh, at least there's no ambiguity about his point.

You are right -- I should not have called you "my friend" I was too loose with that term and it was never intended as an insult.

Did the soccer program get a dime? Yes, for supplement but No for everything else.

Infrastucture? -- I believe that I have already put plenty of explanation into this in a previous post. To replace the coach with a "good coach" (other people's words and not mine) and the Athletic Director from outside of Warren County so as to avoid the "good old boy system" and to build the conditioning program at the High School is going to take significant dollars.

Ambiguity, double talk, and coming out with what I have to say? Others are having no problem understanding exactly what I am saying and knowing what I mean. I can't help you with that one.

Any way -- have a Merry Christmas.

O.K. My two cents worth. Whitey brings up several good ideas as has others. Being born and raised here in the 70's and have lived in Nashville, Memphis and Murfreesboro for a short time before moving back now for the past 18 years that anyone who doesn't think there are major problems with our sports are turning a deaf ear. Warren Co. used to be a force in all sports. State Champions in Football, Baseball and Girls Basketball to name a few. What happenend? These students and student/atheletes deserve the best that we can give them. Are they getting that? We seem to want all our coaches to be someone from here or the "Good Ole Boy" network. It's O.K. to hire someone from here (hometown pride) if they are the best person for the job.

I think the idea of a new AD that is only a AD and doesn't wear other hats is great. To help turn this thing around, I think it needs to be someone with a successful AD background from somewhere else that will come in here and talk with coaches, parents, booster clubs and of course the students, atheletes and community then take action. Maybe have an assistant that works with the elementary levels also to make sure we start them on the right foot. I notice High School coaches have some little camps for the youth that last a day or a few days at the most isn't cutting it.

Having a Physical Fitness Program at the Middle and High Schools is an excellent idea. I agree it needs to be a "during school" activity with a credit. Having to get our atheletes conditioned and stronger takes away from practice time that could be spent learning the coaches system or other skills needed for that particular sport. Other schools do have this.

The funding deal is puzzling. The booster clubs which is made of of mostly parents have to work their tales off. These big crowds we have at football games and basketball games should provide more help. I know at this year's homecoming football game vs. Coffee Co. there was talk about the attendence being between 4,000 and 6,000 people. Where does that money go?

Having almost 2,000 students at the high school and our sports in the shape they are in is a real problem. I don't have all the answers and I don't think anyone does. It's going to take everyone to be open-minded and realize how important athletics are to a well rounded individual ready to go out into the world and be successful.

O.K. My two cents worth. Whitey brings up several good ideas as has others. Being born and raised here in the 70's and have lived in Nashville, Memphis and Murfreesboro for a short time before moving back now for the past 18 years that anyone who doesn't think there are major problems with our sports are turning a deaf ear. Warren Co. used to be a force in all sports. State Champions in Football, Baseball and Girls Basketball to name a few. What happenend? These students and student/atheletes deserve the best that we can give them. Are they getting that? We seem to want all our coaches to be someone from here or the "Good Ole Boy" network. It's O.K. to hire someone from here (hometown pride) if they are the best person for the job.

I think the idea of a new AD that is only a AD and doesn't wear other hats is great. To help turn this thing around, I think it needs to be someone with a successful AD background from somewhere else that will come in here and talk with coaches, parents, booster clubs and of course the students, atheletes and community then take action. Maybe have an assistant that works with the elementary levels also to make sure we start them on the right foot. I notice High School coaches have some little camps for the youth that last a day or a few days at the most isn't cutting it.

Having a Physical Fitness Program at the Middle and High Schools is an excellent idea. I agree it needs to be a "during school" activity with a credit. Having to get our atheletes conditioned and stronger takes away from practice time that could be spent learning the coaches system or other skills needed for that particular sport. Other schools do have this.

The funding deal is puzzling. The booster clubs which is made of of mostly parents have to work their tales off. These big crowds we have at football games and basketball games should provide more help. I know at this year's homecoming football game vs. Coffee Co. there was talk about the attendence being between 4,000 and 6,000 people. Where does that money go?

Having almost 2,000 students at the high school and our sports in the shape they are in is a real problem. I don't have all the answers and I don't think anyone does. It's going to take everyone to be open-minded and realize how important athletics are to a well rounded individual ready to go out into the world and be successful.

Fantastic summary -- I agree. Let's all work together to make things better because these young people deserve the best that we can give them. Very thoughtful and eloquently stated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Fantastic summary -- I agree. Let's all work together to make things better because these young people deserve the best that we can give them. Very thoughtful and eloquently stated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyone know the score of yesterday afternoon's game against Greenbrier?? They play Pope John tonight.

Anyone know the score of yesterday afternoon's game against Greenbrier?? They play Pope John tonight.

warren Co won last night by 11 or 12. This afternoon they lost to jpII by11. JpII was up 16 at the end of 3 and subbed the younger kids. WC played hard but JPII pulled away in the 3rd mainly due to conditioning. Their posts consistently beat the WC posts down the floor for easy baskets scoring 21 third quarter points. Their girls played hard and didn't give up. I don't know anything about the behind the scene stuff you guys always talk about but we've(JPII) played them the last 2 years and they played really hard both times against us. Their coach seemed to try to get them to do the right things and was positive in time outs and strategy wise knows something about basketball. I know seeing them only 2 games its hard to tell a whole lot, but I can tell if kids try hard and if the coach is trying to put them in good position for success. Good luck to them in the future.

warren Co won last night by 11 or 12. This afternoon they lost to jpII by11. JpII was up 16 at the end of 3 and subbed the younger kids. WC played hard but JPII pulled away in the 3rd mainly due to conditioning. Their posts consistently beat the WC posts down the floor for easy baskets scoring 21 third quarter points. Their girls played hard and didn't give up. I don't know anything about the behind the scene stuff you guys always talk about but we've(JPII) played them the last 2 years and they played really hard both times against us. Their coach seemed to try to get them to do the right things and was positive in time outs and strategy wise knows something about basketball. I know seeing them only 2 games its hard to tell a whole lot, but I can tell if kids try hard and if the coach is trying to put them in good position for success. Good luck to them in the future.

Thanks, Ashjan !!!!

Thanks metroman !!, I'm glad we are playing a good team instead of a stiff, it will only make us better. When you play good teams, you will find out alot about your team, who wants to play,who doesn't !! Keep us updated if you can ,thanks !!

14, I'm going to have to give you folks credit. This poster can feel the pressure from your posts clear thru this laptop in creating interest in this program. Your posters have had what I consider some great thoughts and some great input. Some of this will stick. I would hate to be playing your team in the next year or two. It appears that Girls Basketball interest in Warren may not be stopped and the positiveness of most of the posts tells me there is more than a little interest. For a while this poster thought that there was just more talk and nothing else but now maybe there is more than that. Good Luck.

By the way, if you will look, you have had 2550 views on this thread. Thats a lot of interest from someone to look in to what is happening and look at some solutions. Are they all from WC? Likely not but is an overwhelming amount in Pioneerland. You betcha.

You are right Hargis. I am one of those who come in and read all the posts that have to do with the hometown Pioneers, but one thing that I think you are missing is the fact the same problems have been in this athletic program for at least the past 5 years if not longer and no changes have been made. What make anyone think this year is the year for change.

I feel bad for any young lady who would want to dedicate her time and effort to become a better b-ball player in this county. You cant name 5 quality people in our system that could help further a females career in the sport of basketball. The county coaching is just plain awful. Which of the county coaches would you want a young lady to be tutored by? The level of play these young ladies get night in and night out in the county and middle school is WEAK. Most of your better players will not play 2 competitive games all year in the county system. How can you get better daily by being taught by someone whose knowledge is limited about basketball and playing against competition that is very below average.

Everyone talks about the White Co. situation and why we cant do that. I give you one reason. The county system is old and outdated. Go to 2 middle schools. k-5 for county schools and that is it. Athletically it is a must. I am sorry if I offend any one who thinks the county system is the only way for Warren County, but Dibrell AINT what it used to be and Morrison isnt going back to its glory years. You want a deer in the headlight look bring someone in from Centertown whose whole athletic experience has been against the IC, Dibrell, and Morrisons of the world and put them in a Freshman game vs. Riverdale, Oakland, or Lebanon. They never catch up. Problem is our county school system and the board members dont see any problem. See you take away those county k-8 schools and you take away those board members babies. Cant touch those.

Sorry ladies and gentleman, but Warren County is not changing. Everyday it doesnt change it goes backwards. Look at the county as a whole. Change has been hard to come by and these problem in our system didnt happen overnight. The parents who have lived here most of their lives and maybe went to school at WCHS need to look around. They will probably see the same people in the school system that ran it when they went there. Change isnt happening in halls of Warren county. Too many people like it that way.