South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

Sims is sure enough a hard hitter & it's been great watching him these last few years. I know, I've seen every game, cause my son is on the team with him. Justin is just as tough in practice too - at least that's what #31 tells me.

By the way, Philip & I are planning to make the trip to SP again this week. He's got one more year with the Tigers, and is already looking for a chance to rematch with the Pirates next year.

Sorry, Hampton fans, but I have to think that the Pirate ship will sail away with this one. But I wish you the best of luck. And Zonepirate, thanks for the tip last week. I did eat at Stevarino's and it was really good.

I'd like to see a close game, but my heart tells me it ain't gonna be so. Best wishes to both programs. Hats off to you. Awesome seasons, and it's a shame one of you will have to go home.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Steverinos is the place to eat. I ought to own part of it I eat there so much. I hope you can make it. MO$$$$ said he may may be looking for a ride if Justin doesn't go if you have a spot open. look me up when you come

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many times has gordonsville beat hampton? i dont know why you are bragging about other schools SUPER little MO$$Y .

From respect he speaks of another team. He played in the trenches and did well. We all know its a team effort. Lets see if your big boy gets 9 tackles this game with his hand on the ground. Then jaw back at him. He will be the first to congratulate him. As he can respect a better or equal player to himself.

"super" sims, i really expect a fight. i'm glad you are lighter and faster but your team is sitting at the house right not if i'm not mistaken. and youre line may have a better reputation but its a good thing that reputation means absolutely nothing when youre team is playing anymore. your line can have the reputation and our line will take the semi finals game. we will let our coaches worry about the technique of the linemen and what will work and what wont, if i had to guess they might know a little more about the game than you anyway.

hey, you actually have to get passed the semi-final game before you can talk some smack. 3 years in a row, and you are soon to be 0-3 in all of those games. He was merely warning you to say that you are in a fight this friday night, that is all. So when you get to the state championship, then you can talk all you want to, but a mid rate pee wee team could get to the semi-final game going through that end of the bracket.

Now, here is my un-biased opinion on how to beat S. Pitt, although I think they will win state and are the best team in the state(1A that is)....

1. Slow down their offense, no defense in the state will stop this well oiled machine. You can't stop it, it just can't be done. You must just try to slow down and not get yourself down when they score points, and believe me, they will score some points.

2. Do not key on just one player. This SP team has play makers all over the field. If you key on #24, then #2 will beat you. And so on and so forth. You get the picture.

3. Do not commit turnovers or make mistakes. This SP team is too good for a team to be able to overcome these mistakes. They will exploit them and turn them into points. Every turnover that Gordonsville has last Friday night with the exception of 1 result in 7 points for this SP team. That is 21 points off of turnovers alone right there and in my opinion was the difference in the game.

4. Do not let your ego get the best of you. I hear Hampton is considered a power/running style team that wants to run over you. Well this will not get you anywhere. Gordonsville exploited their secondary a bit and had quite a bit of success in the passing game last Friday. If anything, mix in a mess of playaction to keep their linebackers honest and possibly get their safety's to bite on the run. If you are going to beat them, then it will be done via the passing game.

5. Sustain long drives. Your best chance at winning it to keep that offense on the sidelines. The best defense is a good offense.

6. Last but not least, PRAY!!!

This is just what I gathered from last Friday's game. I simply heard it on the radio so I could be wrong at all of this and again, this is only my opinion and none of this is factual.

If you commit 4 turnovers like Gordonsville did, you will not win and you will be on the hardwood the following week. Gordonsville had the right idea on defense. Yes, they had 396 yards rushing, but they didn't allow the big play, they didn't give up, and they made SP work for every yard they gained. This is, in my opinion, the only way to beat SP.

Congrats to you guys this year. Wish we could have given yall a better game. Good luck at the next level. Us down here in the valley got tons of respect for GV and region 4. Yall are good sports and have a class act program

Thanks Jadguitar. GV tries to make folks welcome and put on a good show. You guys have a good young team. I look for a better team from you guys next year. Yall played with heart and determination. We enjoyed your company. I was the one blowing the Old school whistle. Also on the field after the game offering a game well played to your players as they left the field. Man is this going to be an eyepopper of a game or what? I have got to find a ride.

keep in mind that those are Grace's highlights. Hampton hardly ever runs the spread. They are spread out maybe 4 times a game...

So you dont throw out of the spread? Interesting. Good luck with that. Maybe Hampton will give some pointers to region 4 for next year. Oh man I need a ride. This I got to see.

Thank you zone. I am tryin to prepare film to send off to colleges. One of our d-line coaches has contacted austin peay for me and they seem very interested. So now its off to the weight room to stay in shape and get ready for the next level.Tell your boys i said play like they did against us. I am not sure if i will make it down, i have to work friday and depending on what time i get off i may not get to come, but i will try.

Yeah he works also. But has girlfriend itus also. Worked untill 10 tonight. But I have a feeling since he works in Dekalb, and GV girls play in Dekalb Friday night................you know the rest of the story.

Thanks Jadguitar. GV tries to make folks welcome and put on a good show. You guys have a good young team. I look for a better team from you guys next year. Yall played with heart and determination. We enjoyed your company. I was the one blowing the Old school whistle. Also on the field after the game offering a game well played to your players as they left the field. Man is this going to be an eyepopper of a game or what? I have got to find a ride.

Thanks Mo$$$$. Look forward to the next time our teams meet. You run that whistle ragged huh? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sims is sure enough a hard hitter & it's been great watching him these last few years. I know, I've seen every game, cause my son is on the team with him. Justin is just as tough in practice too - at least that's what #31 tells me.

By the way, Philip & I are planning to make the trip to SP again this week. He's got one more year with the Tigers, and is already looking for a chance to rematch with the Pirates next year.

Sorry, Hampton fans, but I have to think that the Pirate ship will sail away with this one. But I wish you the best of luck. And Zonepirate, thanks for the tip last week. I did eat at Stevarino's and it was really good.

I'd like to see a close game, but my heart tells me it ain't gonna be so. Best wishes to both programs. Hats off to you. Awesome seasons, and it's a shame one of you will have to go home.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

You got room in the trunk for an old man who needs a ride? Wife and 59 are both working. Dont want to go alone.

Thanks Mo$$$$. Look forward to the next time our teams meet. You run that whistle ragged huh? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yes I did run it ragged. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Last year to run it. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> I pass it on to a new operator and get into the stands. Maybe I can relax a bit more. Every play is breath holding when you got a player on the field. Especially with all the injuries this year. Thank God he made it through injury free. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

how many times has gordonsville beat hampton? i dont know why you are bragging about other schools SUPER little MO$$Y .

Region 3 & 4 Respect each other! I guess you just don't get that? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Lookout Valley & ALL of Regions 3 & 4!! GO PIRATES!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />