South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

To all of the "grown" men that felt as though they had to belittle the "other side", You ALL remind me of what I stepped in this morning in my yard. (dang neibors dog!) These kids do not play for your entertainment. They don't play for your enjoyment. They play for each other. They play because they love to play the game. They play for that feeling of "BROTHERHOOD" that others that are never fortunate enough to be a part of a team never get to experience. I missed it so much after my last game. That was PART of the reason I joined the Marine Corps after graduation. To be a part of something bigger than you, to know that others depend on you, and when you do your part and that feeling of accomplishment that comes from it is like nothing else I have experienced. So lay off each other and let these seniors enjoy what may be the last time they are a part of a TEAM. They deserve your support but more to the point they deserve your RESPECT. I have the feeling that all these negative posters on the other board lost sight of the fact that even the guys lined up across from you are your brothers too.They have sacrificed their time, minds and bodies for their team same as you. Sure he is going to try to whip your tail but I would be hugely disapointed if that weren't the case since you'll be doing the same,HUH? So lighten up, let these kids enjoy their last moments of being a part of something special. No matter the score, no matter the outcome tomorrow, they are all winners because they were a part of something bigger than any one individual. They were part of a T...E...A...M.. Good luck to both teams, and know this is one Highlander thats pulling for you Dogs.

Semper Fi Marine

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of the "grown" men that felt as though they had to belittle the "other side", You ALL remind me of what I stepped in this morning in my yard. (dang neibors dog!) These kids do not play for your entertainment. They don't play for your enjoyment. They play for each other. They play because they love to play the game. They play for that feeling of "BROTHERHOOD" that others that are never fortunate enough to be a part of a team never get to experience. I missed it so much after my last game. That was PART of the reason I joined the Marine Corps after graduation. To be a part of something bigger than you, to know that others depend on you, and when you do your part and that feeling of accomplishment that comes from it is like nothing else I have experienced. So lay off each other and let these seniors enjoy what may be the last time they are a part of a TEAM. They deserve your support but more to the point they deserve your RESPECT. I have the feeling that all these negative posters on the other board lost sight of the fact that even the guys lined up across from you are your brothers too.They have sacrificed their time, minds and bodies for their team same as you. Sure he is going to try to whip your tail but I would be hugely disapointed if that weren't the case since you'll be doing the same,HUH? So lighten up, let these kids enjoy their last moments of being a part of something special. No matter the score, no matter the outcome tomorrow, they are all winners because they were a part of something bigger than any one individual. They were part of a T...E...A...M.. Good luck to both teams, and know this is one Highlander thats pulling for you Dogs.

AWESOME POST. ONE OF THE BEST....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SEMPER FI BROTHER

I will have to say that this is the best post that I have seen all week. All that rambling on and on and on last night really got on my nerves. I hope that both teams has a injury free game....and I don't know about anyone else.....but I am gonna miss the Jerry White song tomorrow night.....OH Hampton...I hear you calling me! Ha! I hope all the Hampton fans have a safe trip down. Me, myself.....tomorrow can't get here soon enough!

GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

no, I know most of the Lander posters but not Hamptons.

well, I live in Roan Mountain but went to Hampton. My mom works at the Dairyland. I'd say you know who she is. She might have even worked at the high school when you were there...

I will have to say that this is the best post that I have seen all week. All that rambling on and on and on last night really got on my nerves. I hope that both teams has a injury free game....and I don't know about anyone else.....but I am gonna miss the Jerry White song tomorrow night.....OH Hampton...I hear you calling me! Ha! I hope all the Hampton fans have a safe trip down. Me, myself.....tomorrow can't get here soon enough! GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

haha, you won't have to miss the song for too long. they played it at the Htown-Etown basketball game Tuesday. Hopefully, they will play it at every game...

Does anyone know if CY and crew is headed down or not? I saw a SP play on youtube earlier, any chance the game is gonna be on there at some point? I know a game can be fairly easily edited down to around 35 min or so... just break that up into 5 or 6 files of 7 to 8 min clips and it should be good to go.