South Pittsburg vs Hampton

TheLivingLegend

First off, congrats to a great South Pitt team. Hats off to #24, best running back I have watched. With that being said, defensivly, he played dirty. That was a warning we had from other teams, and it proved to be true. Now for some questions for the South Pitt folks:

1. Why does all the other schools in your area not like you???? Many comments and alot of people from around there that was on our side pulling for us. It was strange.

2. Has anyone ever got run into the concrete wall?? Its a nice field, but the wall seems awful close.

3. Who was the guy that greeted us at the gate? This guy was so nice, it was unreal. Hospitality was tremendous and the atmosphere was excellent.

That is all I have for you guys now. Really good game and thanks to all the Hampton seniors on a hard fought game, nothing to hang your heads about. 37-5 the last 3 years is amazing, and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, congrats to a great South Pitt team. Hats off to #24, best running back I have watched. With that being said, defensivly, he played dirty. That was a warning we had from other teams, and it proved to be true. Now for some questions for the South Pitt folks:

1. Why does all the other schools in your area not like you???? Many comments and alot of people from around there that was on our side pulling for us. It was strange.

2. Has anyone ever got run into the concrete wall?? Its a nice field, but the wall seems awful close.

3. Who was the guy that greeted us at the gate? This guy was so nice, it was unreal. Hospitality was tremendous and the atmosphere was excellent.

That is all I have for you guys now. Really good game and thanks to all the Hampton seniors on a hard fought game, nothing to hang your heads about. 37-5 the last 3 years is amazing, and it couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys.

To answer your questions #1 We win! We don't really care if they like us but I bet they respect us.

#2 Not that I know of and I hope no one ever does.

#3 South Pittsburg is full of a lot of nice people. We do love our football though.

First time I have heard anything negative about Robert. Who were the other teams?

To answer your questions #1 We win! We don't really care if they like us but I bet they respect us.

#3 South Pittsburg is full of a lot of nice people. We do love our football though.

First time I have heard anything negative about Robert. Who were the other teams?

There were people wearing purple letterman jackets with the letter "M" on them that were cheering for Hampton...

there were people of course from lookout valley, people from sequatchie that we talked to, then a lot of people from kimball???? isnt that a couple of miles up the road?

Like I said, we were warned about Robert, great running back, but he should let his good play speak for itself, not run his mouth constantly at players and worse yet, fans. He was trying to tackle up high, literally trying to face mask. just my opinion though.

Well first off,Congrats to South Pitt, Iknew we were facing a great team before we got down there, I didn't get fooled. You fellers have more talent than a little 1a team deserves.It was a great game and Hampton played with alot of heart and the game was never decided until late. I have thought you were the best team in the state for several weeks, prove me right.I don't see Mclenzie stopping you guys, you are probably the only one's capable of that. Just a loaded team with talent everywhere and 24 sets the table for everyone else. Ionly have one question, From the size of the town,one would think ,you would have a much larger school, thats the biggest town Ive saw for a 1a school. You must have kids going somewhere else. But great season and go get that Gold ball, I'm sure all of region 4 and Hampton will be routing for you. Idon't think you will disapoint.

Secondly ,I ,finally met SLICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRICKKKKKKKKKKK. actually he is a pretty good ole feller, He was wearing a Pirate hat,Said he has hats for alot of the good teams,now he wants a Hampton Hat.

Now for the Hampton boys, Great run for the past 3 years,you guys should be very proud, You guys were Champions and I only have more respect after this game. You were outmanned ,but you never quit. I doubt the people people ever got comfortable until thay got the interception. I've said it before but I've been around alot of Highschool teams and you were the classiest and respectful bunch I've ever been around. Its been a pleasure pulling for you guys. You seniors will be sorely missed. As for the young guys, the example has been set for you, get you're butts to work and set the same example that was set before you, leave it better than you found it. You owe it to the seniors and the young kids who are going to be learning what it takes to have a good football team. These past 3 teams have laid the foundation,keep building on it. We are getting closer all the time.

I only have one question, From the size of the town,one would think ,you would have a much larger school, thats the biggest town Ive saw for a 1a school. You must have kids going somewhere else. But great season and go get that Gold ball, I'm sure all of region 4 and Hampton will be routing for you. Idon't think you will disapoint.

Looks are deceiving...the population is only about 3000 or so and the HS has 241 kids. The county is open zoned so some in the adjoining areas (like Kimball and new Hope) go to Jasper (Marion Co) or Whitwell.

Your kids are class acts. I hope they all make it to the Boro

nah not next week. i think moderatorhater/alliance 34 is though. i can't stabnd a dang 5 hour drive to weeks in a row. i talked to a reporter last night and he said SP should win by 2 or 3 TD's. the state championship was decided last night...

He must not have seen McKenzie play...they are pretty good. I'll know more about them later

They should have definitely tried an onside kick. I was yelling into the radio for the onside kick but nobody heard me. It should of been a surprise onside also. It was their only chance. If they could of got it and took it down the field and scored, they could of then went for a 2 point conversion. If they would have made it there would be little time left. It would of been a longshot but it was their only chance. A bad, bad coaching decision.

It wouldn't have been a surprise at all. We had our "Hands" team in on that kick and the one before and your coaches knew it.

Mouthy...yes.... dirty...not that I've seen and I seen him a lot on film this year...you can see a lot more in slow motion ...more sour grapes??

Same reason the ones in your area don't like Hampton. You beat up on them. There were region 1 & 2 folks on the SP side pulling for us