10-AAA District Play

Costanza

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Lots of different opinions on whether or not kids should play two/more sports. It doesn't really matter. That is up to individual kid. I do know everyone loves a winner. If HC proves they can win. Kids that love the game will play. As far as the coach goes, I understand he is a Hall Of Famer. I know he knows what it takes to be successful. Any kid who doesn't want to play for a coach like him doesn't love the game and that is ok. That takes nothing from the kid who doesn't want to play that sport. There are also some very athletes playing basketball who simply chose not to play fb. That dos not mean HC's fb coach is no good./thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said JYD!!! I hate losing any player, but whether a player plays or does not should not be an indicator of the coach. I watched Kenwoods coach get beat and not once yell at his players and even use a timeout while his team was being dismantled in the first quarter with a HC 15-0 run. So is it better for your players to like you and lose or a coach that gets in your face and challenges you to push harder at all times then you feel comfortable with and like but win? If all we're concerned with is whether the players like the coach then we are looking at the wrong things. As long as the coach does not cuss, or degrade his players as people, then we need to sit back and shutup. I for one was in the military and my Drill Instructor stayed on me all the team just like a coach and I respected him. I want my son to play for a coach like Coach Wilkins. He holds his players accountable for their actions on the floor and expects perfection. Thats what is needed to be successful in life. Determination,attention to detail,and focus on a goal. So although I hate that we've lost two outstanding athletes by no means can we say A + B = C. Coach has done a great job. Good luck to him, his players and even the young men that have quit to pursue their goals!! Go Big Red and Seasons Greetings to all in 10AAA!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Hats off the HC tonight. They are a real solid ball club. They shot the ball well tonight at Roosview and they play well as a team. Rossview right now can't guard a tree. I thought tonight the silly turnovers and bad communication on defense is what hurt the Hawks. With the teams I have seen I think HC will be in the top four if they can shoot the ball well and play solid defense. They were the better team tonight.

My Hats off the HC tonight. They are a real solid ball club. They shot the ball well tonight at Roosview and they play well as a team. Rossview right now can't guard a tree. I thought tonight the silly turnovers and bad communication on defense is what hurt the Hawks. With the teams I have seen I think HC will be in the top four if they can shoot the ball well and play solid defense. They were the better team tonight.

How does HC match up with Dickson Co. or NE?

How does HC match up with Dickson Co. or NE?

I think they will match up ok. They need to play that half court trap against northeast. The eagle eat up man but struggle against 1-3-1 or the defense HC played tonight. I think Walker is the best player in the District. He can shoot from 25' out with no problem. HC needs to shoot well and cause some confusion with thier defense.

Thanks. Sounds like it was a good game. I was told that it was a hard fought game and that you guys are huge! The radio can't really do justice but they made it sound like you have one kid that's an animal underneath. I'm sure you will rebound and have a good season. Good luck to you!

Congrats Pats, keep going!! Big one Friday!

I think they will match up ok. They need to play that half court trap against northeast. The eagle eat up man but struggle against 1-3-1 or the defense HC played tonight. I think Walker is the best player in the District. He can shoot from 25' out with no problem. HC needs to shoot well and cause some confusion with thier defense.

25' out?, NBA players shot 40% from about 21', and that is the best ones, he is an excellent player but I can not imagine that his coach is wanting him shooting from outside 25' very often.

25' out?, NBA players shot 40% from about 21', and that is the best ones, he is an excellent player but I can not imagine that his coach is wanting him shooting from outside 25' very often.

Your right, throwing shots up at 25' and out is easy. Hitting a meaningful % is not so easy.

What is the NBA now, 23'9" at the top and 22' at the corners? College I think is now something like 20'9".

Did Jonathon Williams play for Rossview last night? He is their best player and I didn't see his name in the box score?

Williams got in foul trouble very early. Then got in foul trouble early in the third. So he wasn't a factor in last night's game. I agree with lojack, my hats off to Henry County. They keep playing like they did last night, and they'll finish at the top or near the top of the district. Rossview is just not playing good enough to win right now. I believe they'll get things turned around though. They are just in a bad stretch right now. Once again, congrats to Henry County on the win, and good luck to them the rest of the season (unless of course they are playing Rossview, gotta cheer for my team).

From what I understand, if this is the gentleman that I think it is, Chris Teague shut him down, he played and just was a non factor, I heard Chris shut down one of hteir best players

Teague did play good defense on him from what I saw, but Williams just didn't get to play his usual minutes due to foul trouble. I don't think he necessarily "shut him down," but I understand what you're saying. Williams could never seem to get anything going due to the foul trouble.

Teague did play good defense on him from what I saw, but Williams just didn't get to play his usual minutes due to foul trouble. I don't think he necessarily "shut him down," but I understand what you're saying. Williams could never seem to get anything going due to the foul trouble.

I think you're over-emphasizing his foul trouble. Williams picked up his first foul midway through the first quarter, with his second coming sometime in the 2nd. Early in the game, he didn't really do anything except stand on the wing or corner. Usually his high post game along with passing high-low to 00 are his strengths, but Henry County's defense didn't allow him to do that. True, late in the game he was in foul trouble, and he did foul out, but a couple of those fouls came late when the game was already decided. He seemed to become frustrated and gave up some cheap fouls late. And, correct me if I'm wrong, he didn't score all game. Maybe 0 - 5 or so from the field. 34, on the other hand, was an absolute beast down low, though he seemed to get away with a lot of pushing and elbows, gave Henry County fits. I was very surprised that he didn't start over 15(maybe?). They may have the best frontcourt in the district, but their backcourt is what Henry County tried to attack and what ultimately will cost them this season.