New 14A High School Thread

CoachD33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for one thing...as long as gleason has coach frazier sitting on the bench, they will be a good team...year in and year out.

for another thing, everybody better get all they can get off of the greenfield girls this year. they are very young. and, on top of that, they lost one of thier best ballhandlers for the year....torn acl. next year, and the year after that....greenfield will be a team to be reckoned with. those young girls, who are very good, will grow up.

I watched Humboldt V. Bradford in the GC Christmas Tournament. It was a 3 point game at halftime with Bradford winning due to a buzzard beater by Proudfit. Humboldt played ALOT better than they did against Gibson Co. Bradford won the game by 16. They will take on Milan girls tonight and the winner of that plays Gibson Co. in the Christmas tournament.

Gibson Co. played Trenton in the night cap last night. Like I said in previous post, Trenton Peabody CAN NOT handle a good solid press. It was a close game at half-time, but after the half Gibson Co. went on a 17-3 run and got up by as many as 25 points in the third quarter. Coach McMillan cleared the bench in the fourth and Gibson Co. defeated Peabody by 19. Peabody takes on the loser of Bradford/Milan in the consolation game tomorrow.

They wers state champs last year but they sure dont look very good this year. Gleason keeps playing Carrol Academy and Bruceton and the weak teams to get wins. How many good teams have they beaten this year? one or two?

You are living in the past.

FIRST OFF-- THIS IS 12/28/07..NOT 12/28/06!!!! I'M NOT LIVING IN THE PAST. YES WE WON STATE THIS PAST YEAR.. AND MAYBE WE AE NOT AS UP TO PAR AS SOME PEOPLE THINK WE SHOULD BE. BUT COACH FRAZIER AND THE GIRLS KNOW WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.. SO AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY WINS AND LOSES YOU HAVE IN THE COLUMN, THESE ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT AS THE GAMES COME

MARCH IN THE BORO. IM NOT SAYING WE WILL BE THERE, NO ONE KNOWS.

SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

LADY DAWGS HAVE HEART!!!! YOU COULD LEARN SOMETHING FROM THESE YOUNG GIRLS.. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

AND BY THE WAY THEY HAVE WON 8 GAMES...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

This is just my opinion but at the midway point Trenton has played better than anybody and deserves to be #1 in 14A. But to mention them with the teams of Trenton's state champions is so funny. There is no team in 14A this year that could play with those Trenton teams. I dont know how Trenton beat Bradford this year. I dont know how Gleason beat Bradford either. Well I do too, Randy Frazier. When Bradford comes to play they have the best team in 14A but that doesnt happen every night. I was disappointed in Lake County when I saw them play, I expected alot more and I know they may not be 100% healthy yet. I really think you have 6 or 7 teams that could compete for the top spot and I think you may find the top team with 2 district losses. This is a district with no dominating team and alot of parity this year.

Gleason 50

South Fulton 36

I was anxious to see how the lady dawgs would do against the lady red devils. I was rather surprised at how poorly South Fulton looked tonight especially the first half. If Gleason would have played as well the entire game as they did the first two quarters the score would have been much worse and probably should have been much worse. South fulton only scored seven points the first half. All seven being free throws. Defense.

Anyone surprised at how badly Dresden beat Greenfield?

Gleason 50

South Fulton 36

I was anxious to see how the lady dawgs would do against the lady red devils. I was rather surprised at how poorly South Fulton looked tonight especially the first half. If Gleason would have played as well the entire game as they did the first two quarters the score would have been much worse and probably should have been much worse. South fulton only scored seven points the first half. All seven being free throws. Defense.

I was very surprised at South Fulton as well. They may not be the strongest team in the district, but last night was terrible. They are a much better team than they showed, but Gleason did a good job on defense shutting their scorers down and deserved the win. Hopefully we'll give a better game next time!!

Gleason 50

South Fulton 36

Not really! Dresden is a little better this year.

• 2 weeks later...