Union City Basketball

uctfan

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that UC will go undefeated again in the disrict this year and will make it to the state tournament.If no one gets injured,they will win the state championship.Keep in mind that UC have not played a game with their full team and the two football players still have not got the football out of their system yet.BJ Marshall missed the first 3 games and now Andre Coby has missed the last 2 games.When everyone gets healthy,watch out.UC has too many weapons for a team to just try and stop 1 or 2 guys.UC has Brown,Coby,Wilkins,Mosley,Marshall,Simpson,and Nic Brooks who can all score 10 or more points any given nite.I dont think their are a lot of teams in the state that can say that.I look for UC to win the Battle of the State,and their only loses this year will come at the Poplar Bluff tournament.

I agree with you on that one Chipper I thought thier only loss would be at tha Boldt and since we won there, we are good to go until the tournaments which will be top notch competiton.

Finally was able to come up with some info about the Poplar Bluff Showdown that Union City has been going to the last few years....

Thursday, Dec. 27

4 p.m. ......... Maplewood vs. Liberty Tech

5:30 p.m. ..... Sikeston vs. Harrison

7 p.m. ......... Poplar Bluff vs. Raytown

8:30 p.m. ..... Mills vs. UNION CITY

Friday, Dec. 28

4 p.m. .......... Maplewood-Liberty Tech loser vs. Sikeston-Harrison loser

5:30 p.m. ..... Maplewood-Liberty Tech winner vs. Sikeston-Harrison winner

7 p.m. .......... Poplar Bluff-Raytown loser vs. Mills-UNION CITY loser

8:30 p.m. ..... Poplar Bluff-Raytown winner vs. Mills-UNION CITY winner

Saturday, Dec. 29

4 p.m. .......... 7th-Place game (losers of Friday's 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. games)

5:30 p.m. ..... 5th-Place game (winners of Friday's 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. games)

7 p.m. .......... 3rd-Place game (losers of Friday's 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. games)

8:30 p.m. ..... Championship game (winners of Friday's 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. games)

I don't know who or where Mills is from.....

Also if you want to play in this tourney next season contact Bill Caputo @ 573-785-5183...He is the A.D. @ Poplar Bluff High School in Missouri....

Union City woke up from a nice sleep walk to put away Bradford with a 31-7 advantage in the 3rd qtr and cleared the bench to start the 4th qtr to win tonite in Union City over Bradford 69-49...

Clint Hampton led Bradford with 18 points followed by Clay Hampton with 14 points for Bradford...

Union City was led by Mr. Basketball M.J. Brown with 17 points followed by Tony Wilkins(who should get looks as a 1st team all-state pick)with 16 points...Andre' Coby returned from a knee injury to score 14 points...Cam Callicott also returned tonite from a school suspension.....

Union City decided to use tonite as a learning experience...The Tornadoes did not press and tried to concentrate on their half-court defense in the first half...They came out in the second half and changed the tempo by going to the press and like I said,outscored the Red Devils 31-7 in the 3rd qtr....

Next up for the Tornadoes will be road games at Greenfield and Gleason.....

I was looking at a thread about home court advantages in East Tennessee and got to wondering about what UC's record at home was the last few years....

The Tornadoes have won 41 out of their last 42 games played in the Thunderdome the last five seasons...

What about some other West Tennessee teams at home??.........

I keep hearing about this Union City team, but do not have a chance to see them play. What makes them so special?

Do they have any college level players?

Union City is just a really good single a team. They won the state tourney once in single a and a couple times in double a. They've had two single a mr. basketballs and one in double a.

I keep hearing about this Union City team, but do not have a chance to see them play. What makes them so special?

Do they have any college level players?

I see you are from Nashville...Go see them play at Lipscomb University at The Battle for the State tournament on Dec.20....They open up with Mt.Juliet @ 5:30pm

MJ Brown was voted Mr Basketball last season and is being recruited...Has offers on the table from UTM and Murray State...

Union City is tied for third place state-wide with 4 state championships...They beat Brentwood Acd in 1990....Alcoa in 1992....Memphis Melrose in 1997.....Chattanooga Grace Baptist in 2006......3 in AA and 1 A ball

Union City has the last two Mr Basketball award winners in 1A....They actually have 4 awards between 3 players...Marquis Weddle won it two years ago..Stanley Caldwell won the award back-to-back in 91 and 92...

Union City has been to the state tournament 16 times and have a 22-14 overall record...

Recent history has seen Union City win 30+ games the last three years in a row and have either been ranked #1 or been state champions to end each of those seasons....

Union City annually plays a very strong schedule....

I was looking at a thread about home court advantages in East Tennessee and got to wondering about what UC's record at home was the last few years....

The Tornadoes have won 41 out of their last 42 games played in the Thunderdome the last five seasons...

What about some other West Tennessee teams at home??.........

thats what im talking about...the thunderdome is where its at...who was it that we lost to...im thinkin it may have been humboldt?

thats what im talking about...the thunderdome is where its at...who was it that we lost to...im thinkin it may have been humboldt?

We lost to Lake Co,when Quis,X,Mark,and Tony Mosley got suspended.Union City is not just a good single A team,They can beat a whole lot of AA and AAA teams.There is not many teams in the state that can beat them.