Union City Basketball

uctfan

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule for the Battle for State tournament....

Thursday Dec.20

Game 1....Haywood County vs Independence....4:00 PM

Game 2....UNION CITY vs Mt. Juliet......5:30 PM

Game 3....Riverdale vs Sycamore.....7:00 PM

Game 4....Brentwood Acd vs Livingston Acd....8:30 PM

Friday Dec.21

Game 5....L G4 vs L G1....4:00 PM

Game 6....L G3 vs L G2....5:30 PM

Game 7....W G3 vs W G2....7:00 PM

Game 8....W G4 vs W G1....8:30 PM

Saturday's games start at 11:00am and end with the championship game being played at 3:30 PM

Schedule for the Battle for State tournament....

Thursday Dec.20

Game 1....Haywood County vs Independence....4:00 PM

Game 2....UNION CITY vs Mt. Juliet......5:30 PM

Game 3....Riverdale vs Sycamore.....7:00 PM

Game 4....Brentwood Acd vs Livingston Acd....8:30 PM

Friday Dec.21

Game 5....L G4 vs L G1....4:00 PM

Game 6....L G3 vs L G2....5:30 PM

Game 7....W G3 vs W G2....7:00 PM

Game 8....W G4 vs W G1....8:30 PM

Saturday's games start at 11:00am and end with the championship game being played at 3:30 PM

You may have your hands full with that Sycamore game.

We lost to Lake Co,when Quis,X,Mark,and Tony Mosley got suspended.Union City is not just a good single A team,They can beat a whole lot of AA and AAA teams.There is not many teams in the state that can beat them.

I know that Union City has a great basketball program. All I'm saying is everyone loses at some point. Obion Central's Lady Rebels beat Clarksville Academy, reigning 3A state champs, and Marshall County, reigning 2A state champs. Then they came back home and lost to Gibson County.

I know that Union City has a great basketball program. All I'm saying is everyone loses at some point. Obion Central's Lady Rebels beat Clarksville Academy, reigning 3A state champs, and Marshall County, reigning 2A state champs. Then they came back home and lost to Gibson County.

[/quot

I know this is not a girls board but do you know who is sitting on the bench @ GC for the girls? David Russell(something like 6 state championships at Bradford and 6 Miss Basketballs I think) is the assistant. McMillen who was at Westview a few years ago when they where so good. There is so much basketball knowledge going around that place for the girls they will win alot.

front page coacht read the report on Manassas its over 4 Union City & Hbolt

Legend Union City dosen't care about the front page report on Manassas so your not gonna scare anyone in Union City with that weak trash talk..U just remember..Manassas wouldn't be crap if it werent for Westside shutting down...However...I will give Manassas alot of mad props because they are a very good basketball program,with alot of height and quickness and one heck of a bench..Ive been saying all year..If Humboldt goes to memphis to face Manassas in substate they will lose..If Union City goes then it will be a dog fight..Ive got Union City playing Manassas for the state title but who knows anthing can happen. Thats why they play the game...But if or when yall do play Union City yall better be ready for 7 or 8 great shooters that can flat out play the game, and are very quick and i do mean quick with about 4 leapers that can cause alot of problems..UC knows yall beat Mitchell by 3 and was up by around 13 at one time but UC also beat Mitchell and led by as many as 15 at one time so dont let your mouth overload your butt Legend because reports mean nothing..Its never over til its over.

I've said it before and I will say it again.....

If Manassas is to beat Union City it will have to be if they meet up in Memphis for a sub-state game....If Manassas comes to UC,Manassas will lose...If they meet up in the state tournament,Manassas will lose.....Seen it too many times with too many Memphis teams that were better than this one...

Don't let Westside beating Trenton in the sub-state last year give you any sense of security...Peabody way behind Union City,Humboldt and Lake County...They just got lucky in the one game they had to win....UC put up 130,119 and I believe 103 on Peabody last year..If memory serves me Trenton was 1-10 in games against the "Big Three" last year....AND Union City would have put up that many on either Westside or Manassas last year.....

Only the "Mercy Rule" and the fact UC is losing seven seniors and Sisco is trying to get his young players alot of playing time is keeping from UC putting 100+ on the board this season....

You may have your hands full with that Sycamore game.

Uhhh......I BELEIVE we are playing.......Mt. Juliet....NOT Sycamore

So............Their ( Central Girls ) aren't Union City.......We are the Tornadoes and no one can handle our pressure.