Union City Basketball

uctfan

Union City should know all about the consistency part you are talking about since they have done a bellyflop when it comes tournament time. The same will happen again this year. Same coach.

you really need to see Manassas play cause UC has a 5% chance of beating them i saw UC -vs- a Mitchell team without its top guns

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really need to see Manassas play cause UC has a 5% chance of beating them i saw UC -vs- a Mitchell team without its top guns

Legend ur so full of it dude!!f9d!! OK tell me this..Why do you stay on Union City basketball thread if they only have a 5% chance to win? I think you know why and so does everyone else..U know Union City will be the only team that will stand n Manassas's way of a state title..I wasnt at the Mitchell game but Union City should had beat them by 25 or thirty and u know to..But UC always somehow manages to have a let down somewhere in the game..And by the looks of it..So does your ol might Manassas team when Mitchell almost come back and beat them also...But hey i only gave Humboldt a 5% chance to win in the region semis and they did it..U see..The sun shines on a dogs butt sometimes Legend..U see Legend Memphis is Memphis..They are who they are..They play how they play..Ive seen it too many times before dude!..What happened to BTW last year when they went to Dyer County? They lost because Memphis is Memphis..But i sure want take anything away from Manassas because they are for real!! But 5%..Naaaa..Thats crazy lol..U better check up on Union City basketball because they are well coached and can flat play.

Union City is a good squad, best in 14A, 99.9% sure best in Single A. I need to see Manassas play to go 100% on that. Humboldt is not bad but the difference is defense. Humboldt plays a 1-3-1 trap like Trenton. UC's half court man is tough and when they go full it is tougher. UC's D is more disiplined than any other in 14A. Humboldt is second behind UC and then LC. I think LC is too up and down, one night they have a tough time with Halls then beat Trenton like a drum. Inconsistencey gets you beat come tournament time. I think UC beats Humboldt in a head to head because when the pressure is on I think Humboldt draws up and makes mistakes.

O.K......Everyone knows I'm all about the Tornadoes...But when I see something wrong I'll make note of it either way...

Your statement about Humboldt "drawing up" come tournament time is wrong..AT LEAST IN THE DISTRICT,REGION & SUB-STATE.....

Union City has beaten Humboldt,since the 2001-2002 season,7 out of 8 times in the regular season...BUT...Humboldt is 3-0 against Union City in district and regional tournament action....Now when it comes to state tournament action,that is where Humboldt "draws up" to some extent..But when you make the state tourney THREE times in a row there is not much drawing up....

By the way,the only choke job,and I will it admit it,for UC was the last year UC was in 2A...They were #1 ranked in the state and had a match-up with Ripley who they had destroyed to open the season in the first round of the regional tourney and lost 71-69...That was a choke job....Last years game against Humboldt wasn't a choke job..Humboldt had an excellent squad and they just put it all together that night...It just happened to be the last real good game they played last season....They could have very easily been state champs last season....

Well, Union City played Trenton tonight ( Monday ) at home and really didn't player their best game at all but still won 95 - 68. Union City' M J Brown missed a dunk early in the game which Shane didn't like. I know , I was sitting behind the bench.

All in all, Union City lead the entire game anywhere from 9 to 20 point.s trenton really never had much of a chance but looked impressive in warmups.

Union City did shoot 68 % from the FIELD. In the upper 60's % from the foul line.

Union City also had several turnovers but Trenton had a load.

Well, Union City played Trenton tonight ( Monday ) at home and really didn't player their best game at all but still won 95 - 68. Union City' M J Brown missed a dunk early in the game which Shane didn't like. I know , I was sitting behind the bench.

All in all, Union City lead the entire game anywhere from 9 to 20 point.s trenton really never had much of a chance but looked impressive in warmups.

Union City did shoot 68 % from the FIELD. In the upper 60's % from the foul line.

That 68% had to be on 2-point shots because they shot less that 25% from 3 point range....

MJ Brown led UC with 28 points

Tony Wilkins-13 points

Lavan Mosely-12 points

BJ Marshall-10 points

One thing I am noticing about this year's UC team is they are not as good right now with their three point shooting BUT they are crashing the boards much harder...Tonite at one time they were 4 for 32 from threes but they had 24 offensive rebounds...That makes your FG % go up from two's because you are mostly converting those rebounds into layups...

Whenever those threes start falling,and they will,watch out...

That 68% had to be on 2-point shots because they shot less that 25% from 3 point range....

MJ Brown led UC with 28 points

Tony Wilkins-13 points

Lavan Mosely-12 points

BJ Marshall-10 points

One thing I am noticing about this year's UC team is they are not as good right now with their three point shooting BUT they are crashing the boards much harder...Tonite at one time they were 4 for 32 from threes but they had 24 offensive rebounds...That makes your FG % go up from two's because you are mostly converting those rebounds into layups...

Whenever those threes start falling,and they will,watch out...

I saw the 2nd half of this game..Lake Co was playing the U.C. middle school and with Lake Co getting a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter ,I went to the high school game..You're right..U.C. was terrible shooting while I was watching them..And Trenton had 31 turnovers..I was feeeling pretty good about Lake Co after they thumped Trenton by 32 points..but now I'm wondering about how good Trenton really is...But..I can just about guarantee when U.C. plays Lake Co..they won't miss like that..They'll hit shots falling on top of their heads..Another thing I notice is U.C. gets a lot of calls under the goal on little touch charging fouls..#40 from Trenton got called once on a very light touch..if anything the U.C. player flopped...Lake Co will have to watch their shots under the goal or Russell and Channin will be in trouble!

O.K......Everyone knows I'm all about the Tornadoes...But when I see something wrong I'll make note of it either way...

Your statement about Humboldt "drawing up" come tournament time is wrong..AT LEAST IN THE DISTRICT,REGION & SUB-STATE.....

Union City has beaten Humboldt,since the 2001-2002 season,7 out of 8 times in the regular season...BUT...Humboldt is 3-0 against Union City in district and regional tournament action....Now when it comes to state tournament action,that is where Humboldt "draws up" to some extent..But when you make the state tourney THREE times in a row there is not much drawing up....

Thanks P&G. It's nice to finally see Humboldt get some respect from someone on here. Humboldt's 5 seniors have been to state every year since they've been in high school. No one believed we would do anything 3 years ago in AA when we beat Liberty by almost 20 in the District Tourmament, then were underdogs against Lexington in the Region and beat them. Then had to travel to Giles Co for Sub-State. Everyone said Giles Co and Tyler Smith would blow us out of the gym, especially since it was at Giles Co. We beat them by 7 and lost to Raleigh Egypt in the first round of State. The next year we dropped to 1A - should have been in the State Championship game with yall. Blew Cosby(#1 AP Poll) out first round and had our usual meltdown in the Final Four. We beat UC 3 out of 4 times that year and yall won State /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Preseason last year some people picked Humboldt as low as 4th or 5th in the District because of losing Toylon Smith and Kelsey Rose. They said our guards would be weak. Went to State again and beat Wartburg bad. Then we had another meltdown against Temple in the 2nd quarter. We beat them every quarter but the 2nd. They outscored us 25 to 5 that quarter and we lost by 2. Humboldt has had their share of bad games and disappointments the last three years (usually at the worst time), but it's nice to see someone notice that Humboldt usually steps up at Tournament time.

well, Manassas beat a good 3-A millington team by 46pts and there best player steve kerr was held to 0pts

well, Manassas beat a good 3-A millington team by 46pts and there best player steve kerr was held to 0pts

Millington is about like playing a team without a goal. Who is Millington....have they EVER been worth much....I really don't think so. If they were you would hear more about them year in and year out.

We will just have to see. I didn't think Union City looked very sharp last night against Trenton and Trenton was one of the better teams we have played. We still won by more than 30 points but wasn't clicking very good. We are playing something like 12 to 14 players per game. I understand that there might have been a kid transfer from Middle Tennessee ( Mt. Juliet ) and might play after the first of the year. Probably hear say but there was a new kid on the bench last night that might have been him.

We will see.

I saw the 2nd half of this game..Lake Co was playing the U.C. middle school and with Lake Co getting a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter ,I went to the high school game..You're right..U.C. was terrible shooting while I was watching them..And Trenton had 31 turnovers..I was feeeling pretty good about Lake Co after they thumped Trenton by 32 points..but now I'm wondering about how good Trenton really is...But..I can just about guarantee when U.C. plays Lake Co..they won't miss like that..They'll hit shots falling on top of their heads..Another thing I notice is U.C. gets a lot of calls under the goal on little touch charging fouls..#40 from Trenton got called once on a very light touch..if anything the U.C. player flopped...Lake Co will have to watch their shots under the goal or Russell and Channin will be in trouble!

That's good coaching though right??...Flopping??...Whitby coached it for years at OC...They even kept stats on players taking charges...

Your comment about hitting shots falling on their heads is funny...Humboldt usually does that to Union City ...Hit em from the parking lot....