Smyrna vs. Independence

this is a very good analysis. I think the game will be a lot like Smyrna vs Ravenwood last year. I think that final prediction will be very close.

I dont understand how the last 3 teams Smyrna has beat has said that this is there year because of one reason or another. Smyrna ultimatily takes this one because no one can stop Smyrna's passing game and Smyrna's defense has really stepped up lately.

You mean that the defending state champs will get beaten by a young, hungry team? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read lots about Smyrna's great pass offense and how well they have been clicking in the playoffs. Earlier posts say it will be hard to stop.

I agree with this, but I want to know why IHS hasnt been mentioned for this same stat...

In playoffs this year...

SHS - 135.5 avg. passing 112.5 avg. rushing

IHS - 216.25 avg passing 142.2 avg. rushing

Cant argue with that....

Both teams D will have to step up in this one... IHS can throw also... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

of course. Indy will probably throw two cornerbacks out with a few linebackers, and if they see pass one of the corners will double cover wilks, thus causing Sonny to checkdown to the different receiver. I see wilks being contained except for short passes (MAYBE one long pass, but that's all). Indy's D can handle this. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm interested to see how Independence covers Wilks. As good as Baugh is, I don't think he can contain him one-on-one for the entire game. I wouldn't be suprised to see some double coverage at some point during the game.

we can only hope wilks sees some single coverage. if he is single covered sonny will throw him the ball. these 2 have a special bond since this will be there 60th football game together going back to middle school. sometimes all sonny has to do is give rod a look and rod knows what sonny is seeing and where to go.sonny has the option to audible at the line based on coverages and other keys he has been coached to check.

so basically any time you see rod covered one on one sit up and watch the match up because the ball is coming.

my bet is they do what everyone else has done and double him and some teams have even cheated a safety over.

look for 2 smyrna players to have a big game saturday night

#22 jeremiah bryson - freshman tb nearly 1200 yards and 11 tds

# 21 Jonah Hendricks - has really come on in the playoff

smyrnas defense will have as much team speed as any Indy has seen and they will play straight man to man with bump coverage at the line.

of course. Indy will probably throw two cornerbacks out with a few linebackers, and if they see pass one of the corners will double cover wilks, thus causing Sonny to checkdown to the different receiver. I see wilks being contained except for short passes (MAYBE one long pass, but that's all). Indy's D can handle this. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope so! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

we can only hope wilks sees some single coverage. if he is single covered sonny will throw him the ball. these 2 have a special bond since this will be there 60th football game together going back to middle school. sometimes all sonny has to do is give rod a look and rod knows what sonny is seeing and where to go.sonny has the option to audible at the line based on coverages and other keys he has been coached to check.

so basically any time you see rod covered one on one sit up and watch the match up because the ball is coming.

my bet is they do what everyone else has done and double him and some teams have even cheated a safety over.

look for 2 smyrna players to have a big game saturday night

#22 jeremiah bryson - freshman tb nearly 1200 yards and 11 tds

# 21 Jonah Hendricks - has really come on in the playoff

smyrnas defense will have as much team speed as any Indy has seen and they will play straight man to man with bump coverage at the line.

I don't think speed will be a problem for Indy. they played Millington, which has the fastest team period (there D was fast as anything). there is no way smyrna will compair in speed. however millington couldn't defend against the pass game, and i think that smyrna will play good pass D. Should be a good game. one player will not win the game, that's why i choose INDY to win bc they have a balanced attack that keeps the D guesing.

I don't think speed will be a problem for Indy. they played Millington, which has the fastest team period (there D was fast as anything). there is no way smyrna will compair in speed. however millington couldn't defend against the pass game, and i think that smyrna will play good pass D. Should be a good game. one player will not win the game, that's why i choose INDY to win bc they have a balanced attack that keeps the D guesing.

I think you may be suprised especially Smyrna's defensive line.

smyrna has a lot more than wilks, cookeville schemed to take him out and bryson had 178 yards and 3 tds

the main thing is this is each teams 15th game both have seen enough film on each other to know what to expect the question is who can execute the plan?

I think you may be suprised especially Smyrna's defensive line.

smyrna has a lot more than wilks, cookeville schemed to take him out and bryson had 178 yards and 3 tds

the main thing is this is each teams 15th game both have seen enough film on each other to know what to expect the question is who can execute the plan?

Hey CAT the bearden video is up on the site which should let everybody see he is out of bounds. www.storkmontgomery.com

Hey CAT the bearden video is up on the site which should let everybody see he is out of bounds. www.storkmontgomery.com

WOW!!! I knew I didn't think it looked close, but I was starting to question it since there was SUCH an uproar from those guys. I hope they all see that. I don't know if they are reading this thread or not, but they need to see that.

his first step was out. i can see how Bearden said Smyrna has the refs. im not saying smyrna doesn't deserve to be here or that they "pay" the refs, but look at the video (he caught it in but ran straight out), no TD.

it appeared that he did catch the ball in bounds but was very very close to the white line. What was the call during the game?