Smyrna vs. Independence

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The east bracket was loaded this year. I think many other teams in the eastern bracket would have made for a much better game. It seems this way every year to me. Now I know that western bracket teams have won the championship before but the eastern bracket teams in the playoffs are comparable to the SEC the way they beat each other up. The western bracket always has a much easier road to the big game. I can think of several eastern bracket teams that would have played a much better game against Smyrna.

EVERY team in region 4-5A would have and did give them a better game... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

great season Smyrna...!!!

now it's time for all the wrestlers to get out to the mat... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrads Smyrna.

Smyrna could have done that to any team period. the fact is that indy was there for a reason but choked the first half. It would have been a much better game if IHS showed up to play the first half. But...they didn't. the second half looked more like us. if only...if only. congrads Smyrna.

first half

smyrna total yards- 243

indy total yards- 42 (first three possessions of the game were turnovers).

but it takes two halves to win a game. smyrna you deserve it.Smyrna.

Man that was hard to watch. I don't know what was with Indy in that first quarter. Those three early turnovers, along with bad coverage and sloppy tackling doomed the Eagles early. They did start playing good in the second half, but again, too little, too late.

On Smyrna's, they simply did everything right. They got open, got to Heckman, and forced three early turnovers that turned out to be the difference. It's also scary to think that Bryson is only a freshman. He will have a really good career through the next few years.

I'm justing waiting to see a petition asking Eubanks to never attempt an onside kick again. EVER

Again, Congratulations Smyrna, definitely the better team in this one.

Congratulations to Smyrna. Clearly the best team in Class 5A won this game. Gray and Wilks have been a pleasure to watch and Bryson is scary good for a freshman.

Eagles, I know it's hard to see at the moment, but you guys should be extremely proud of what you accomplished. Thanks for the memories over these past four years, seniors. We'll miss you tremendously.

Congrads Smyrna.

Smyrna could have done that to any team period. the fact is that indy was there for a reason but choked the first half. Smyrna.

Smyrna would not have done that to any team.

Sat Aug. 25 Siegel N R at University School W 41-13

Fri Aug. 31 at Brentwood W 21-0

Fri Sep. 7 Lebanon R L 28-31

Fri Sep. 14 Brentwood Academy L 13-17

Fri Sep. 21 at Blackman R W 13-0

Fri Sep. 28 at Gallatin W 45-14

Fri Oct. 12 Oakland R W 40-28

Fri Oct. 19 at LaVergne R W 15-13

Fri Oct. 26 Riverdale R L 32-36

Fri Nov. 2 at Wilson Central R W 28-23

Fri Nov. 9 Cookeville 5A Playoff W 28-10

Fri Nov. 16 at Lincoln Co. 5A Playoff W 43-16

Fri Nov. 23 Wilson Central Class 5A Qtrfinal W 17-7

Fri Nov. 30 Bearden Class 5A Semis W 17-14

Sat Dec. 8 Independence TSSAA 5A State Finals 7PM at MT Floyd Stadium W 46-20

Looks like 3 teams have something to say about that. Not to mention MBA. Point is; the western bracket had far less great teams this year and Farragut, Bearden, Riverdale, and probably Wilson Central, DB, LaVergne, and Oak Ridge would have been much better competition. No disrespect to Indy, they are a good team, but the east bracket always has a much tougher road and more talented teams that beat each other up.

Smyrna would not have done that to any team.

Sat Aug. 25 Siegel N R at University School W 41-13

Fri Aug. 31 at Brentwood W 21-0

Fri Sep. 7 Lebanon R L 28-31

Fri Sep. 14 Brentwood Academy L 13-17

Fri Sep. 21 at Blackman R W 13-0

Fri Sep. 28 at Gallatin W 45-14

Fri Oct. 12 Oakland R W 40-28

Fri Oct. 19 at LaVergne R W 15-13

Fri Oct. 26 Riverdale R L 32-36

Fri Nov. 2 at Wilson Central R W 28-23

Fri Nov. 9 Cookeville 5A Playoff W 28-10

Fri Nov. 16 at Lincoln Co. 5A Playoff W 43-16

Fri Nov. 23 Wilson Central Class 5A Qtrfinal W 17-7

Fri Nov. 30 Bearden Class 5A Semis W 17-14

Sat Dec. 8 Independence TSSAA 5A State Finals 7PM at MT Floyd Stadium W 46-20

Looks like 3 teams have something to say about that. Not to mention MBA. Point is; the western bracket had far less great teams this year and Farragut, Bearden, Riverdale, and probably Wilson Central, DB, LaVergne, and Oak Ridge would have been much better competition. No disrespect to Indy, they are a good team, but the east bracket always has a much tougher road and more talented teams that beat each other up.

I agree that the east was much tougher this year but have to disagree that its always that way.