South Pittsburg vs. Mckenzie

HomeyTheClown

Congratulations South Pittsburg. What an incredible thing to win the state championshiop - again! The other thing that was as incredible was the support from your town, the parade, the noise, the fireworks, etc. It is a great thing to win the title, it is also great that fans came out with such overwhelming support. They need some applause.

A couple of you Hampton fans have commented saying that last weeks game was the championship game and that the best teams in the state are from the east. I know you are just trying to make yourselves feel better but I just wanted to point out that the championship game was last night - not last week, and you were watching it on television just like every other team that got whipped by SP. You were not the team playing McKenzie yesterday, it was SP, and to be honest, I am not sure you could have beaten McKenzie. You narrowly missed getting the same beat down last week that McKenzie received. Quit robbing McKenzie of the respect and honor they have earned and they deserved.

Now, I am sure that all you of 1A teams feel sorry for the rest of us Region Three teams, right?

Thanks Green_Acres, I know that we didn't show up much at all yesterday but, the Rebels are a good team in most other circumstances. I sure won't make guesses at what other teams might or might not be able to beat the Rebels this season and it doesn't matter. The Rebels aren't whiners and we are also not into playing the "shoulda', woulda', coulda' card" when the dealing is done!!! We played for the class A championship yesterday against South Pittsburg and nobody else was on the field. That much I know. We didn't get there by some internet board vote or anything like that either.

The Rebels played with heart and never quit. I know you know this Green_Acres but, I have to say it to some others. We won our way to Murfreesboro not try to talk our way there. There may be other class A teams that could handle us on a given day but, you didn't earn your chance to prove it. Ya'll have the same problem we have now. Get better!!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations South Pittsburg. What an incredible thing to win the state championshiop - again! The other thing that was as incredible was the support from your town, the parade, the noise, the fireworks, etc. It is a great thing to win the title, it is also great that fans came out with such overwhelming support. They need some applause.

A couple of you Hampton fans have commented saying that last weeks game was the championship game and that the best teams in the state are from the east. I know you are just trying to make yourselves feel better but I just wanted to point out that the championship game was last night - not last week, and you were watching it on television just like every other team that got whipped by SP. You were not the team playing McKenzie yesterday, it was SP, and to be honest, I am not sure you could have beaten McKenzie. You narrowly missed getting the same beat down last week that McKenzie received. Quit robbing McKenzie of the respect and honor they have earned and they deserved.

Now, I am sure that all you of 1A teams feel sorry for the rest of us Region Three teams, right?

Old Pirate says Region 3 suddenly looks a lot stronger than most gave credit. OP says the region could be stronger in 2008. Region 4 is the one in question for old pirate. TC will be better and some others will possably have to attempt to reload.

BUTCHIE GOOD TO SEE U BACK THOUGHT U MIGHT BE IN SHOCK OR LOCKED UP. HOWS THE OLD LADY OK I HOPE. HOW DID U FIX THAT CROW. GLAD TO SEE U BACK LIKE A MAN. YOUR ALRIGHT I DONT CARE WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT U. HERE COMES THE SALT. PIRATES-52 REBELS-20 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR

Ahh! I'm Comfortable With Who I Am. And Life Has Many Stumbles. And I've Tripped Over All Of Them. Tough Loss Last Night But It Aint The End Of The World. It's Back To Work For Next Season. But We Got Alot Of Work To Get To Ya'lls Level. And Me Wifey Will Be Fine, She Says Hello.. The Trip To Murfreesboro Was Wonderful, At Breakfast At Shoney's, Went To The Zoo With The Grankids, And Paid Way To Much Money For Tickets And Concessions Just To Watch The Total Dismantling Of Me Rebels. But On Way Home Longhorn's And Some Adult Drinks Made It All Better. But Awesome Team, Dang Ya'll Was Fast. Ya'lls Runningbacks Was Doing Matrix Crap And Stuff. But I'll Probable Sign Off Now That I've Chatted With Ya. But I'll See Ya Around The Baseball Boards Because Butchie Don't Do Basketball. See Ya Fatrock, And Good Luck To You And Yours. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

Ahh! I'm Comfortable With Who I Am. And Life Has Many Stumbles. And I've Tripped Over All Of Them. Tough Loss Last Night But It Aint The End Of The World. It's Back To Work For Next Season. But We Got Alot Of Work To Get To Ya'lls Level. And Me Wifey Will Be Fine, She Says Hello.. The Trip To Murfreesboro Was Wonderful, At Breakfast At Shoney's, Went To The Zoo With The Grankids, And Paid Way To Much Money For Tickets And Concessions Just To Watch The Total Dismantling Of Me Rebels. But On Way Home Longhorn's And Some Adult Drinks Made It All Better. But Awesome Team, Dang Ya'll Was Fast. Ya'lls Runningbacks Was Doing Matrix Crap And Stuff. But I'll Probable Sign Off Now That I've Chatted With Ya. But I'll See Ya Around The Baseball Boards Because Butchie Don't Do Basketball. See Ya Fatrock, And Good Luck To You And Yours. http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10

CLASS ACT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The game of the century would be Trousdale Co. (1999) vs. This years South Pittsburgh team. In 99 Trousdale beat USJ from Jackson 63-18. and this year SP 52-20 over McKenzie.

That was actually in 1998. And South Pittsburg played Trousdale the week before the USJ game. It was a good game then. South Pittsburg jumped out to a 20-0 lead only to have Trousdale fight back and win it by 10.

CLASS ACT /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This has been a class act between the two schools involved from the beginning. The whippin' wasn't much fun but the experience was awesome otherwise. I'm glad we got to share it with the best I've ever seen on the field and I've seen some good ones over the years!!!!

Good luck to the Pirates next season and maybe we can go to the big dance again sometime and we can lead!!!!!!!!

tha' duck

This has been a class act between the two schools involved from the beginning. The whippin' wasn't much fun but the experience was awesome otherwise. I'm glad we got to share it with the best I've ever seen on the field and I've seen some good ones over the years!!!!

Good luck to the Pirates next season and maybe we can go to the big dance again sometime and we can lead!!!!!!!!

tha' duck

CLASS ACT!