LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

I want to congratulate both teams. You made for an entertaining game to watch and a I apprecitate it.

David Lipscomb played a great game and deserved to win. I underestimated them all year long. I didn't think their lineman were as good as last year and I didn't think they had anyone to replace Elrod. They just won in a different way this year....speed. Zach Rogers looked liked the faster guy on the field Saturday. He was outstanding! The defense played well and Moneypenny and Holt made plays in the second half to ensure the win. The mustangs deserve the credit. Coach McCadams and the rest of the coaching staff deserve a big pat on the back! Good job.

Fulton had plenty of opportunities. They certainly could have won the game if they had done a few things differently. Cobb was outstanding at breaking tackles...he refused to go down. The defense played well with the exception of allowing a few BIG plays. The offense ran the ball well. I think they made the mistake of throwing too much. I didn't expect Fulton to be back in the title game this year either, so many props to the coaches on this team as well. You have built a program that expects to win. Good job.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee...aren't most of them going to be watching Lipscomb from the stands anyway? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You wanna clarify that one? You lost me. I was making a point about how Lipscomb players show class, or they would not be a member of the team.

. Anyways, I believe the only school I've ever questioned regarding their actions was AE, and that's because they acted like 5 year olds, stomping and spitting on Fulton's Falcon at midfield, BEFORE the game started. I've never downed how another team has acted on this board outside of that.

There were a few other schools. Go back and read some of your posts throughout the year.

It was still a great game and I do wish the the Seniors from both teams lots of luck in the future.

Speaking of Cobb, has anyone offered? He showed more Saturday than I had seen from him ever. With all the college coaches watching I'm sure he turned some heads.

It is time to let it rest.

I'll try this again! First of all just as the last poster said it is 17/18 year old KIDS! They did not disrespect you! What I saw was a GREAT Lipscomb team celebrating a well deserved win, and a GREAT Fulton team disappointed over a loss! There is nothing wrong with either. These players did not point fingers, start a fight, etc, etc. They were very emotional and upset over losing a very big game. I think some of you should think back to when you were 17/18 yrs old and inventory if you did EVERYTHING correctly. You did nothing wrong, you said nothing that could be even remotely be considered disrespectful or out of line. I think that you will agree that you probably weren't perfect. I will tell you this! I really don't care what your opinion is even though I know you are entitled to it. I am VERY proud of this FALCON team! Many of them have a supportive family and then some of them do not have much direction from home. Some of them only have direction from this Family of Coaches and Loyal Supporters! You have no idea what you are talking about even questioning their class. Some of these guys have lived more difficult life experiences than you could even imagine! I don't think anyone showed such negative behavior after this game that deserves someone to rub their nose in it! You can question TCOBB removing his jersey and pads and showing his disappointment but as someone else said this is something he does after every game (win or lose), and I can understand his emotion after this game! I can think of a whole lot worse things he could have done to offend you! Just recently #2 TYSON was injured in a game and many, many players and students filled and overflowed the waiting room at UT hospital. Many of the staff commented separately that they had not witnessed a more well behaved group of kids in their ER! Our coaches not only teach football skills, they teach many many skills needed in everyday life! This includes respect for themselves as well as others. FALCONS, I AM PROUD OF YOU! I will use a line from one of the coaches after the game "THERE IS NO REASON TO HANG YOUR HEAD AFTER LOSING IN MURFREESBORO!' YOU CAME A LONG WAY AND HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF HERE!

Please do not get on here and judge our TEAM until you know everyone on yours is perfect. NO ONE IS PERFECT! I said it once and I will say it again, I think Lipscomb has a great program that obviously begins with their Coaches and filters down to their players! SO DOES FULTON! I'm anticipating re-match of these two teams next year!

GO FALCONS!

With all due respect and I agree with much of what you said this is a message board and people get on here to share their opinions and judgements. If you didnt care about what others opinions are then why are you responding.

4 My Sister

17 and 18 year old kids are usually 1 year from a parent being able to send them on thier way as well as the following. The parent does not have to give them a dime. They can die in war, a jury can find them guilty and judge order them put to death, they must pay taxes, and plan what path they have chosen. We should expect and teach them by 17 and 18 years old how to handle situations in life that do not go thier way. I wish all those kids the best of luck, just act like you have been there before. Maplewood had not been there before and seem to have similar kids. They acted very mature, and showed respect. Once again show respect for your team, school, community, and you yourself should understand showing respect for your coaches. I'm sure your family deserves it, and has earned the respect.

I think that you are wrong in your statement if Lipscomb had lost. For the past three years I have stood at mid-field immediately after the game. The two losses: LA and Fulton last year, Lipscomb lined up and shook their hands despite the loss. This playoff season, we tried to shake Mitchell's hands after the game and a number of Tigers would have no part of it. In the win over Bolivar, a couple of Bolivar players did not want to shake hands but wanted to start some trouble. In our most recent regular season losses dating back a few years, Goodpasture and Lipscomb always shake hands. Greenbrier and Lipscomb always shook hands. Even the big games in the past with Marshall County, Creek Wood, Giles County and Spring Hill, everybody shakes hands. I have been on the field at that point for the past 7 seasons and I can give you a first hand accounting of it.

You have the right to your opinions, but you need to be a little more informed. In the past we've had players who were on crutches that made it out there to shake hands. Lipscomb's view of shaking hands is to show respect to your opponent for the game that was played.

Youre right. I agree. I shouldve thought about it more. Just blowin off steam. Still Futlon will never be classless.

To clear things up. I didnt mean what I said about not all Lipscomb players would shake all Fulton's hands. Again, just blowin off steam. But I was still wrong.

I will use a line from one of the coaches after the game "THERE IS NO REASON TO HANG YOUR HEAD AFTER LOSING IN MURFREESBORO!' YOU CAME A LONG WAY AND HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF HERE!

Coach Black Jr. Love him. (no homo)

I don't think threatening the seniors of shaking hands or watching from the stands next game is going to work.

I didn't say anything about seniors. I like to think that my level of intelligence is at least at a level which allows me to understand that seniors won't be playing anymore ball after a state championship game.

I was making a point that you would never see any Lipscomb player refuse to shake hands after a loss. I apologize for not making myself clear.

I've been reading the posts about "class", or the lack thereof, and I guess I just don't get it. I was at the game and have now spoken with several DL players and parents the last 2 days. What I saw, and what the players and parents of players have said -to a person - is how hard the game was played and how much class the Fulton players and coaches exhibited during and after the game. No trash talking during the game. No cheap shots. Just a full speed, playing like a scalded dog, giving it all you got, leaving it all on the field, great, great football game. Sure there were mistakes - on both sides. But think of the great plays on both sides. What a highlight tape.

One DL player, who shall remain nameless, but let's just say he was recognized as the defensive MVP, told me he hit Cobb harder than he had ever hit anyone before and he looked up to see him still running. Most DL fans did not expect to see that. I bet most Fulton fans did not expect to see Rogers do the things he did, with the speed he has. Those are the kinds of things that made this game great - on both sides of the ball.

We all know it's not always that way. We all could probably tell stories about some of the garbage that goes on during the games and on the sidelines. None of that here. Two great teams, two great coaches and staffs, two extremely well-represented schools.

Why can't we just leave it at that? And maybe think about how much fun a rematch could be next year....

Just a thought.