Maryville vs Maplewood

REBELRON

I thought I would just post something on here to bring it back to the top. That other thread just turned into a...

matback-you know better than that.

-Sol

Solly, my bad I meant no harm I just couldn't stay over there with all the "female whinning" going on. I thought we might be able to talk some football if we started over.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solly, my bad I meant no harm I just couldn't stay over there with all the "female whinning" going on. I thought we might be able to talk some football if we started over.

I'll forgive you this once. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Does anybody actually know anything about Maplewood's x's and o's?

Since the 1st of the year Maryville has made great improvement. The offensive line has gotten to be a very good unit. At the 1st of the year Maryville had no running game. Alcoa,Clinton,Heritage and William Blount shut down the running game. Since the Central game the Maryville line and running backs have stepped up. Maryville is very dangerous on offense. No one has a better passing game.

QB. I wouldn't trade Brent Burnett for any other quarterback in Tennessee. He has everything you want in a great quarterback. Leadership,Will to win and works hard. He has great composure. He He is very smart and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He throws the ball well. It doesn't matter if he is standing in the pocket or throwing on the run he throws lasers. Maryville will miss this young man next year. He makes throws normal high school quarterbacks don't make.

RB. Thomas Shuler isn't the biggest back but he can flat out fly. Tim Rodrigues has stepped up big time.

OL. Maryville is small but very quick up front. David Ellis has worked his magic again. Maryville is really good on screen passes.

WR/TE. I wouldn't trade Maryville's receiver and their tight end for anyone in Tennessee. Aaron Douglas is one of the best tight ends in the country. Even though Tyler Maples graduated last year the receiving corps was awesome. Tyler Clendenen,Steven Shiver and Chris Jordan are great high school receivers. All of them run nice routes,can catch the ball and have pretty good speed.Caleb Clement is good also. When an athlete like Clement is your 4th option you know the receiving corps are strong.

With all these weapons and George Quarles calling the plays the Rebels are hard to stop on offense.

DL. Justin Smith,Todd Hollingsworth,Josh Cantwell,Brett Wadham,Brad Heath,Zach Mobius are playing well.

LB. Cody McCoy,Jefferey Booker,Luke Cox and Jordan Halsne are playing well. Linebackers may be small but they are fast.

DB. Shiver,Clendenen,Jordan,Clement are outstanding defensive backs. Tyler Martin and Jamal Brazen have done a very good job.

Special Teams. Zack Sharp is a freshmen who has a bright future. Jordan is a very good returner. Mark Young has done a good job punting.

What players do Maplewood have that us Rebel fans need to look for? What kind of offense do they run? I don't know much about them.

Def look out for the qb #4. He's got a great arm and a pretty good eye for open receivers. However last week he overthrew A BUNCH of passes. If you your defense is prepared, they could potentially grab a lot of interceptions. No doubt your team will be ready for this game. Good luck Maryville!

I'll forgive you this once. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Does anybody actually know anything about Maplewood's x's and o's?

the only thing i know is they run it about 70% of the time and that is according to the tennesseean stats. I think it will be a lot like the melrose teams. we can't seem to get much info from them.

the only thing i know is they run it about 70% of the time and that is according to the tennesseean stats. I think it will be a lot like the melrose teams. we can't seem to get much info from them.

their defense appears to be pretty stout. they're only giving up about 11 a game, although i'm sure that they've not seen an offense quite like ours...

Melrose is much better!!! Melrose "D" this year and in years past is stronger than Maplewood. Maplewood offense a little better than Melrose. I would rather face Maplewood than Melrose again.

Good luck to both teams. Injury free I pray.

their defense appears to be pretty stout. they're only giving up about 11 a game, although i'm sure that they've not seen an offense quite like ours...

Henry Co. put up about 375 yards on them and had a fumble on the five yard line and twoo passes dropped in the end zone with nobody around the receiver and we scored 35 on them if you have a strong offense I see no problem if you play your A game also we held them to like 150 total yards

Henry Co. put up about 375 yards on them and had a fumble on the five yard line and twoo passes dropped in the end zone with nobody around the receiver and we scored 35 on them if you have a strong offense I see no problem if you play your A game also we held them to like 150 total yards

So basically what he is saying is that MW played a horrible game and was still able to win by 1 point. I am not sure who I feel will win this game but I bet it will be much closer than most people think.....

i'm worried about their defensive speed-our o line hasn't faced a d line that is very fast-from what i understand their d is fast. i still think we'll be much better on special teams

Our offensive line has not faced as fast of a defense, but they have played against more disciplined teams from what i hear. If that line can just keep to their technique that David Ellis has taught them they will be fine and will roll for another state title.