TN vs. KY high school football

brosbaseball9

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unapproved website.com ranked Tennessee 9th in the country in terms of the best High School Football, while ranking Kentucky 22nd.

We were ranked behind the really big high school football states, like Florida, Texas, and Cali

http://unapproved website.com/2007/ratings/National_states.htm

Hmmmm..... I don't know about these rankings. Tennessee over Georgia?? I live in Illinois and have watched high school football up here and it's boring to watch. High school football is not real big in this state (especially in southern and southwestern Illinois), and a lot of teams here are one-dimensional. The toughest teams are in the northern half of the state including the Chicago area, such as Driscoll Catholic, Joliet Catholic Academy, Metamora, Morris, Normal, Wheaton-Warrenville South, Mt. Carmel, and St. Rita. I would have to put Missouri ahead of them.

• 11 months later...

Just to help put this in perspective... I played my high school football in Kentucky and my college ball in Tennessee. My senior year at Paducah Tilghman (class of '92 / '91 football season) we traveled to Brentwood Academy and Oak Ridge. Both Tennessee teams went on to win state titles, Oak Ridge was nationally ranked. Both Tennessee teams lost to that Paducah Tilghman team that played most of it's players both ways.

To say one state's football is stronger would be a farce. Paducah Tilghman has seen a major decline since those seasons of the early 1990's. There are a lot of factors to consider. One thing does hold true.... On any given night....

Of note, since my own playing days I've spent time coaching and spectating. I'd have to say the best high school football I've seen is in the state of Florida, where I now reside. Oh yeah, did I mention that Paducah Tilghman team that rolled through Tennessee also made a trip to Ft. Walton, FL that same year and left with a "W" in the win column? Ahh, the glory days.

I believe that there is a TN/KY all-star game this year coming up in January. If that is the case then I guess we will see how they line up against each other. If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

There are two other all-star games in TN. Memphis has a all-city game and there is a East TN vs. West TN game too. That leads me to believe all the top players from TN and probably KY as well won't be playing against each other.