Alcoa or Maryville...

Smoke

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont expect any of the big 3 to lose this weekend. If i had to choose im gonna go with Fulton first. No offense to them though. Now between MHS and AHS, im honestly gonna go with MHS. Only because this years team IMO isnt as good as the past few years. Honestly though i dont think they stand a chance at losing.

The question states one will lose, which one. A silly assumption considering both squad are highly favored and if they play well both will win. But that is not the question so I will answer based on the limited confines of the silly question. Alcoa will lose.

If the question had asked, can both teams win? I would have given a big resounding yes!

tornadogold DON'T BE SUCH A HATER!

ALCOA, MARYVILLE AND THE FALCONS win again! Another triple play win for the East!

HUH???? Re-read: I said, "no way either one, plus Fulton, loses". Translation: Alcoa, Maryville, and Fulton all 3 will win.

There may be some people I don't particularly care for, but definitely not a hater.

The hater is obviously the one who started this thread.

HUH???? Re-read: I said, "no way either one, plus Fulton, loses". Translation: Alcoa, Maryville, and Fulton all 3 will win.

There may be some people I don't particularly care for, but definitely not a hater.

The hater is obviously the one who started this thread.

Sorry tornadogold! I just read it wrong! Good luck in the 'BORO! Start us off with a win! The Falcons will be cheering loudly for you!

Maryville and Alcoa

Both of these schools have a shot to do something that no other school in Tennessee have ever done. They both have a chance to win 4 state titles in a row in their class. Maryville is 4A and Alcoa is 2A.Both schools have great players and great coaching.

Since the start of 2004 Alcoa is 54-5. 4 of those losses are to Maryville High School.The other loss is to Fulton High School in 2006. Fulton was 3A Champ in 2006. Alcoa has had great players like Brandon Warren(FSU/UT),Dustin Lindsey(UT),Rae Sykes(UT),Kyrus Lankster(UK),Brian Sommer and Randall Cobb(UK commit) Alcoa kills those other 2A Teams. Alcoa will play Goodpasture for the 2A Title. Alcoa has killed Goodpasture the last 2 years in the 2A Title game. 55-13 in 2005 and 31-3 in 2006. Alcoa is heavily favored in the 2A Title game next friday.Alcoa will go for their 9th state title next friday.

Since 2004 Maryville is 59-0. Maryville will go for their 4th straight 4A title next saturday.Maryville has had some great players. Carl Stewart(AUB),Chuck Prugh(UT),Nick Black(Clem),Scott Wilks(Marshall),Tyler Maples(UT) and Aaron Douglas (UT Commit). Maryville has also sent tons of kids to real small colleges. As talented as Maryville is the reason Maryville is so good is because they have the best coaching staff in Tennessee. George Quarles is one of the brightest coaches in the country. He also has a great staff. George Quarles is going to be an assistant in the US Army All Star game. Maryville will play Nashville Maplewood for the 4A Title.

Another couple tidbits on Maryville. If they win next saturday they will have their 11th state title which will be the best of all time in Tennessee. Maryville has won 6 state titles in 7 years. Maryville has won 7 state titles in 9 years. Maryville has won 112 out of their last 114 games.

Alcoa and Maryville are both twin cities in Blount County. They are separated by a creek. Pistol Creek. The Alcoa/Maryville game is called the battle of Pistol Creek.

I would have to say Maryville is the biggest lock of the weekend and I am 150 % sure on this one and ALCOA is about as close a lock as Maryville and Im 120% sure on that one ... now my team FULTON .. they have gone farther than I could have ever imagined this year ..I look for a close game ..not ready to put a percentage on that yet ..