Does a loss entitle you to complain about reffing?

CoachGonyeaTemp

All I know is Bearden and Smyrna do have the right to complain about the refs, because I was at that game and it WAS horribly officiated all around. There were many terrible ball spots, a couple unnecessary flags, bad calls on complete/incomplete catches (besides the TD out of bounds catch), more than 1 missed call on possession, among all this were plenty of holding, passing interference, ect. flags there were never thrown. This was all around and I don't know if it would've changed the winner but in my opinion, both teams are ok to complain about the refs.

Seemed to me like the fans were more outraged about the red zone fumble and onside kick call, rather than the receiver out of bounds call.

Also it looked to me like the refs refused to explain their calls or simply what was happening to the caoches. Several times I saw coaches signaling for the refs to come tell them what was going on and the refs flatly ignoring them.

Does the losing team have the right to complain about reffing? I'm not sure, but I do know both teams should complain about that game imparticular. I hope they inform TSSAA for future games.

Not that it matters at this point, but it looks the same slowed down as it did in the game. The question was never the left foot, which was out of bounds, the previous step(right foot) ,where the ball was caught was clearly in bounds. Im also curruious why the announcer called it that way too? There is audio on the footage.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters at this point, but it looks the same slowed down as it did in the game. The question was never the left foot, which was out of bounds, the previous step(right foot) ,where the ball was caught was clearly in bounds. Im also curruious why the announcer called it that way too? There is audio on the footage.

Yea I never had a clear view of it and I didn't feel like it had nearly as big of an impact as the red-zone fumble or the onside kick anyway, which I could clearly see where bad calls. I couldn't tell if the calls were biased or if the officials just had no clue what was going on for a game.

Every thread I read ex-post facto is always peppered with complaints of how "We would have won the game had the refs not been in your back pocket"

Is this really a good way of showing sportsmanship?

I believe every team has had their share of bad calls...however it seems that it's exclusive to the losing teams. Life is too short to blame consequences on others. Take care of your own business and most likely the failures of others won't take away your goals.

First let me say I m not a Ref, really wouldn't be one for twice the money. I fuss about calls and see others fuss when I liked the call, as they say you always make half the people happy and the other half mad.

Now with that said I would like to know how many people who posted on here have signed up to be refs next year? I'm sure they would love to have you as they are short handed as I understand it. If you go to TSSAA.com you can get all the info you need. Not trying to be a smarty, just trying to help what some feel is a problem. Every week refs get graded, and like any job if some new ones come in a perform better, they will get the jobs and the bad ones will get left out. Merry Christmas /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />