District 13AA

GCPioneer

With GC and OC tied @ the top the immediate pressure falls on OC. OC must hold off an improved DC club, @ DC, that can shoot with anyone. It is just a matter of can they stop OC a few times. As far as I know OC will not have the services of Fussell, which helps DC's case immensely. Without her open court creativity, OC becomes half way guardable.

Should this upset occur then the pressure falls to the DC @ GC matchup on 2/5 . Then to the OC @ DB matchup 2/7.

GC controls their own destiny and has the easiest sched left

OC also controls their destiny, but w/o Fussell and 2 or 3 tough district games left they could end up 1,2 or 3.

Milan is a solid 3rd and could move to the 2nd spot, making their life easier in the 1st round.

MW,DB and DC seem to be working for the 4,5 or 6 spots. DC seems they may have a chance to go to 4th, tomorrow will help decide. MW is on a freefall it seems, we'll know tomorrow for sure. Db I still think they have a big game or 2 left in them somewhere. Trouble is, when is it going to be.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With GC and OC tied @ the top the immediate pressure falls on OC. OC must hold off an improved DC club, @ DC, that can shoot with anyone. It is just a matter of can they stop OC a few times. As far as I know OC will not have the services of Fussell, which helps DC's case immensely. Without her open court creativity, OC becomes half way guardable.

Should this upset occur then the pressure falls to the DC @ GC matchup on 2/5 . Then to the OC @ DB matchup 2/7.

GC controls their own destiny and has the easiest sched left

OC also controls their destiny, but w/o Fussell and 2 tough district games left they could end up 1,2 or 3.

Milan is a solid 3rd and could move to the 2nd spot . making their life easier in the 1st round.

MW,DB and DC seem to be working for the 4,5 or 6 spots. DC seems they may have a chance to go to 3rd, tomorrow will help decide. MW is on a freefall it seems, we'll know tomorrow for sure. Db I still think they have a big game or 2 left in them somewhere. Trouble is, when is it going to be.

On 2/5 dc plays Westview

Just thinking a little out of the box here,

What if the district tourneys are held just as they are today. You have the 1-4 from each district going to region, just as they are today. Here is the catch.

What if each team from what we know as 7AA region and all others were split up and put into 4 different sections of the west side of the state on a rotating basis. Example say TN has a West, Midwest, Mideast & East bracket on each side of the state, for a toal of 8 statewide sections. After district play team 1 from 13AA goes to West, team 2 from 13AA goes to Midwest, team 3 from 13AA goes to Mideast and team 4 from 13AA goes to East, etc. for each district.

This would give 2 or even 4 strong teams a chance to compete in the state tourney, even if they were from the same district. And the tourney could be drawn to keep the 4 from playing each other in the 1st round also. Just a chance to see if they are as strong as they think they are and also give teams a chance to play someone new.

Let's just say GC and Milan play for the state championship, they could have possibly played each other 6 times.

TSSAA would never do something like this because if this happened you might as well move Class A and AA to somewhere close to Cookeville because 7A and 7AA would rule year in and year out. Not every year but most years and its a proven fact just look at the history of the state championship and who wins it. Every once in a blue moon there will be a team come out of the West that is good enough to play with the teams from the UC but not year in and year out. Consistantly the UC has better teams and say what you want but the Gold balls speak for themselves. Lets count them shall we??

Jackson County 5 Gold 3 silver

Livingston Academy 5 Gold 2 silver

Upperman 2 silver

Clarkrange 7 Gold balls and i'm not sure how many silver ones

Pickett Co. 4 Gold balls

York 2 Silver

Clay Co. 3 Silver

Cannon Co. 1 Gold

Does the West have ANY program with more than 2? IS THERE ANY PROGRAM WITH MORE THAN 2 OR 3?? LET ME ANSWER THAT FOR YA ..........NO!

Like a poster said on another thread ya'll live in a fantasy world in the west if you don't think the teams from the UC can play with you. Dyer Co. got pummelled by Jackson County, LA played their entire team almost against them so im not sure where you get that they gave them a game. You ever heard of the old saying IF "ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christimas"? Get real if you think 13AA would send 4 teams to the state tournament in ANY format! Most of the time they would never get a chance to get there in that setup as the UC teams would dominate year in and year out! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

WHO CARES!? If you want a 13AA V. 7AA grudge match. Set it up! It happened a couple of years ago and who dominated? 13AA!!! I believe we won all the games except for two and yes it was matched 1st seed v 1st seed, 2nd v 2nd from each District. You say you have more gold balls but I say we dominated the 13AA/7AA showdown at Westview.

Now back on topic.

WHO CARES!? If you want a 13AA V. 7AA grudge match. Set it up! It happened a couple of years ago and who dominated? 13AA!!! I believe we won all the games except for two and yes it was matched 1st seed v 1st seed, 2nd v 2nd from each District. You say you have more gold balls but I say we dominated the 13AA/7AA showdown at Westview.

Now back on topic.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Thanks GC!!!!

Now back on topic.

That was 4 years ago when 7AA had one of is very rare down years. JC was way down that year as was LA. Now if Jackson County was still in 7AA it wouldn't even be a contest but they aren't but i'm sure JC and Clarkrange would gladly participate. I believe it was going to happen but 13AA didn't want to return the favor and drive to the UC the next year. Why is that you think??????? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Does the West have ANY program with more than 2? IS THERE ANY PROGRAM WITH MORE THAN 2 OR 3?? LET ME ANSWER THAT FOR YA ..........NO!

Here we go again, super Upper Cumberland basketball. I'm going to make this short as I have chased this rabbit many times. 14A has more than kept up with 7A.

Bradford has 6 Gold Balls

Gleason 3 Gold Balls

Trenton 2 Gold Balls

and they are all in the last 20 years so dont go there. Several Silver Balls in that time period.

As far as 13AA they are the best AA district in the state this year. You cant say that every year but in 2008 that is the case. 7A is arguably better than 7AA this year. Jackson County is one of the best teams in the state with Clark Range not far behind. Now back to the thread of 13AA Basketball.

TSSAA would never do something like this because if this happened you might as well move Class A and AA to somewhere close to Cookeville because 7A and 7AA would rule year in and year out. Not every year but most years and its a proven fact just look at the history of the state championship and who wins it. Every once in a blue moon there will be a team come out of the West that is good enough to play with the teams from the UC but not year in and year out. Consistantly the UC has better teams and say what you want but the Gold balls speak for themselves. Lets count them shall we??

Jackson County 5 Gold 3 silver

Livingston Academy 5 Gold 2 silver

Upperman 2 silver

Clarkrange 7 Gold balls and i'm not sure how many silver ones

Pickett Co. 4 Gold balls

York 2 Silver

Clay Co. 3 Silver

Cannon Co. 1 Gold

Like a poster said on another thread ya'll live in a fantasy world in the west if you don't think the teams from the UC can play with you. Dyer Co. got pummelled by Jackson County, LA played their entire team almost against them so im not sure where you get that they gave them a game. You ever heard of the old saying IF "ifs and butts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christimas"? Get real if you think 13AA would send 4 teams to the state tournament in ANY format! Most of the time they would never get a chance to get there in that setup as the UC teams would dominate year in and year out! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I guess greenfieldfan answered that one for ya.......... YES! Good show of ignarance on your part though.

But it comes down to "mine is better than yours" and we always think that our brand of ball is better no matter what. Like people have said back to the topic of the thread.

Big weeks ahead for the top three teams as they could be shaken up and moved around if any one loses. Is there a possibility for a three way tie for first with Obion, Milan, and GC? I know GC has split with Milan and Obion, has Milan and Obion played twice yet?

Big weeks ahead for the top three teams as they could be shaken up and moved around if any one loses. Is there a possibility for a three way tie for first with Obion, Milan, and GC? I know GC has split with Milan and Obion, has Milan and Obion played twice yet?

Milan and OC split as well, each winning at home.

That was 4 years ago when 7AA had one of is very rare down years. JC was way down that year as was LA. Now if Jackson County was still in 7AA it wouldn't even be a contest but they aren't but i'm sure JC and Clarkrange would gladly participate. I believe it was going to happen but 13AA didn't want to return the favor and drive to the UC the next year. Why is that you think??????? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I've heard the "Ifs & Buts"cliche ! Have you heard this one Re:the "Showdown" : Excuses are like -----holes everybody's got one .....and so on ! Sic' 'em GC ! I don't follow other areas as closely as you do, but I'll be the first to defend our kids from ANY school in our District ! Things come full circle ! We live with our little "Country Schools" & still play to win & usually have some team or another that CAN compete wuth the above mentioned teams or any other in the State ! Bashin' ain't my thing so I won't bother to research your stats OR anything else that you stated ! Simply take you at your word ! In the "Grand Scheme" of things yep Gold Balls & Silver Balls are what you strive for, but in the end the lessons learned & the intangibles that you take with you from simply participating in High School Athletics are far more valuable ! Been there many years ago & DONE THAT ! The State Championship is history & in the "Trophy Case" ! But the memories are in my heart & the lessons learned have been far more valuable than either !

OH YEAH ! DITTO ! WHAT greenfieldfan said too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Guest nwtnsports

Milan 63, Westview 58 (OT)

M - 14 12 18 10 9

W - 10 15 11 18 4

M - Poston 22, Gray 20, Glenn 15, Simpson 3, Joyner 2, Hamm 1

W - Rechis 21, Swaim 21, Brooks 9, Olds 5, Nanney 2

Field goals: M 19-55 (19-47 2's, 0-8 3's); W 19-51 (12-32 2's, 7-19 3's)

Free throws: M 25-33, W 13-14

Rebounds: M 40, W 16

Turnovers: M 16, W 12