District 13AA

GCPioneer

64-16? Wow. I have seen USJ and knew they weren't great but only 16 points?

GC, are the Jr Pioneers in the Rutherford tourney? If so how did the boys/girls do? (if both are in it) We had a scheduling conflict and I hated to be able to play in it.

I think Perry vs. Pate/Griffin should be a great match up Thursday when GC plays Trenton. I will take GC because of the guard play of Butler and Jennings but if Perry has a big night I might need to change my mind.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64-16? Wow. I have seen USJ and knew they weren't great but only 16 points?

GC, are the Jr Pioneers in the Rutherford tourney? If so how did the boys/girls do? (if both are in it) We had a scheduling conflict and I hated to be able to play in it.

I think Perry vs. Pate/Griffin should be a great match up Thursday when GC plays Trenton. I will take GC because of the guard play of Butler and Jennings but if Perry has a big night I might need to change my mind.

Yes, both Jr. High teams are in the Rutherford tournament...Our girls and boys are both in the championship...Our girls defeated Dyer last night by like 20 or so (starters didn't play all night) and our boys beat Dyer by 18...John Hudson had 2 players on him ALL NIGHT no matter where he went and still dropped 31 lol...I'm not sure who the girls will play in the championship tomorrow but I know the boys played the winner of the Trenton/St. Mary's(Jackson) game...Trenton looked very athletic so it should be a great game!

The GC/Trenton game will be close early in the game but will turn out to be a blowout...Last game we started out POUNDING Trenton with our press and they couldn't handle it and then eventually they were able to move the ball up the court on us...They were down by as many as 17 or 18 and Trenton came back and only lost by 6...I see this game being about a 17-20 point difference again...

No one is making you read it, better yet reply to it.

Rosenwald's boys are athletic but are not very good on defense. We beat them by 15 and did back cuts, UCLA screens, and back screens on them all night. And they rely to much on driving the ball to score. They don't have much of an offense other than just taking it to hole. But if you get in a running game with them they are tough to beat. I saw St Mary's in a Jamboree early and they weren't that bad either. If Hudson is his usual self yall won't have a problem with either.

Like you, I'm not a plus member so private message isn't an option. And where in my post am I acting like an NBA coach? I looked at your past posts and everyone of them either has little relevant information or you are degrading someone or some team. You like to come on and instigate something with anyone who responds and when some does make a response that you feel offended by (like GC did in the 14A thread) you follow that person around the forum and make remarks about everything they say in any thread. But you have been doing it for years on here so why am I surprised. I am sure you will have something irrelevant and degrading to say about this one to.

GC, what time is the game Thursday against Trenton? I am assuming that it is @ Gibson Co correct?

Like you, I'm not a plus member so private message isn't an option. And where in my post am I acting like an NBA coach? I looked at your past posts and everyone of them either has little relevant information or you are degrading someone or some team. You like to come on and instigate something with anyone who responds and when some does make a response that you feel offended by (like GC did in the 14A thread) you follow that person around the forum and make remarks about everything they say in any thread. But you have been doing it for years on here so why am I surprised. I am sure you will have something irrelevant and degrading to say about this one to.

GC, what time is the game Thursday against Trenton? I am assuming that it is @ Gibson Co correct?

Don't worry about him. BTW Jr. Lady Pioneers won 60-54 over St. Marys. St Marys reminds me EXACTLY of your team but your team is a hair better. The Jr. Pioneers lost 60-57 to St. Marys as John Hudson dropped 40 points in the loss.

I'm thinking that Gibson Co. plays at 7 I THINK. Not 100% sure but I'll find out as soon as I can.

St Mary's played us well in the Jamboree back in November. Their coach said that he had been practicing them only for a week back then because they all played soccer during the fall. They played us a 2-3 and gave us trouble early because were weren't 100% prepared for it. But they didn't hit anything that night so we pulled away late. But it doesn't surprise me that they played yall that close as I am sure they have gotten better. 60 points?!?! Did Paige have them doing the run and gun or was Porter knocking everything down? I am surprised the boys beat yall. I don't remember them having a player that could score enough to beat Hudson.

GC Tourney should come down to GC and Milan don't ya think? If Proudfit gets going I guess Bradford could slip in there.

And I ain't worried about slam. I have to make one post a year telling him that just to get it out of me. Hard to reply every time when there isn't any relevant material from him that is actually constructive to what is going on in a thread.

St Mary's played us well in the Jamboree back in November. Their coach said that he had been practicing them only for a week back then because they all played soccer during the fall. They played us a 2-3 and gave us trouble early because were weren't 100% prepared for it. But they didn't hit anything that night so we pulled away late. But it doesn't surprise me that they played yall that close as I am sure they have gotten better. 60 points?!?! Did Paige have them doing the run and gun or was Porter knocking everything down? I am surprised the boys beat yall. I don't remember them having a player that could score enough to beat Hudson.

GC Tourney should come down to GC and Milan don't ya think? If Proudfit gets going I guess Bradford could slip in there.

And I ain't worried about slam. I have to make one post a year telling him that just to get it out of me. Hard to reply every time when there isn't any relevant material from him that is actually constructive to what is going on in a thread.

Last night St. Mary's girls played like 1-2-1-1 and picked the ball up right at half court and Porter put on a beautiful dribbling show going between the legs and behind the back. Taylor Hassell hit several 3's. The refs were HORRIBLE! In the boys game the refs pretty much decided that one on their own. The foul ratio from our team to their team was UNBELIEVABLE! Tell me this, how does a player foul out in the first half! (One who hasn't fouled out all year and has had no foul trouble) He fouled out with like 3 or 4 minutes to go in the second period lol. St. Mary's boys just played extremely hard and I really thought we would've won that but we didn't.

As for the GC Christmas Tournament, I hope the finals does come down to us and Milan as I want to see how we matchup against Milan. You can never tell about Milan, they have the athletes, but always seem to have trouble somewhere along the way. They got blew out by Obion Co. and then turn around and blow out Dyer Co. whom we had trouble with. If we win were in the championship, if we lose were in the consolation.

We were talking last night at the Jr. High games. Districts are at Milan and Regionals are at Haywood. WHAT A BUMMER! Maybe something will happened and it'll get moved to Gibson Co.

Milan won't be too bad but Haywood on the other hand...... It seems as if the other district always trys to put the tournament as far away as possible when it is their turn for the region.

Jr High/Middle School (whatever you want to call it) officiating is so inconsistant from night to night and even from the girls game to the boys game. It's just one of those things, ya know? I've seen 3 fouls in the first quarter but never fouling out in the first half.

GC boys play at 7 and Gc girls play at 8:30 at Gibson county

Milan won't be too bad but Haywood on the other hand...... It seems as if the other district always trys to put the tournament as far away as possible when it is their turn for the region. Jr High/Middle School (whatever you want to call it) officiating is so inconsistant from night to night and even from the girls game to the boys game. It's just one of those things, ya know? I've seen 3 fouls in the first quarter but never fouling out in the first half.

Well, we went to Haywood back a couple of years ago, the same year we went to state (Whitney Bairds Senior year). I despise that gym! It's exactly like Crockett Co.'s and I do not like it one bit.We had 1 player (Eber Hernandez) foul out in the first half and we had Zach Cross with 4 fouls at halftime and Chad Zarecor with 3. Eber was the only to foul out but Zach pretty much had to play defense by just standing there. It's a Christmas Tournament so it really doesn't mean much but it would've been nice to have seen the locals take home both championships.

GC boys play at 7 and Gc girls play at 8:30 at Gibson county

Thanks, I knew one of 'em played at 7 for sure but wasn't real sure. The guys play Bradford in the first round and the winner of that will play Humboldt. The girls play Trenton and the winner of that will be in the Championship.