Clarksville Slamfest

rileyfrazier

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood is good. They remind me of Cleveland??¦Several studs, lots of energy, every wrestler a fighter, fun to watch. Maybe a year behind where Cleveland is, but they are moving quickly in the right direction.

Congratulations Owls. My team won and that was the worst weekend of my life. I??™m still having chest pains. Not one of the worst cases of officiating I??™ve seen??¦the worst case I??™ve seen. Guys that had no idea what they were doing. We had a guy bitten repeatedly; no call. We had a guy score 16 points in a lop sided victory; hit twice for stalling. Another case where a kid backs up for 6 minutes; no call. This is the only time I have ever chimed in on poor officiating, but this was a total embarrassment. I hope that our team is fortunate enough to make it to the State Duals, otherwise, I wouldn??™t care if we ever wrestled in Middle TN again.

for the refs who called these matches...you need to take heed to the words above...this is as credible a voice as their is in Tenn wrestling...and if he says it was bad...especially publically on Coach T...it must have been really bad

jakesdad...email me at jpatton@fbcrc.org when you get a minute and i will get back with you

i wasn't able to attend the tournament but if the officiating really was as bad as everyone is saying, then that's unfortunate to hear. congrats to ooltewah on winning the tournament and congrats to brentwood on beating some pretty good teams this weekend.

I think we have to look at a few different things about officials.........do you really think that they are out there without a clue??? I personally know a few ref's and every one gives 100% to saftey of the wrestlers first and foremost....In the heat of a match I'm sure that situations are seen differently then a coach or a "fan of the sport for years", or even if the ref watched a video of the match he just called. There is a way that your voice can be heard about ref's and that is for you to go officate yourself.....There is only a select few ref's out there to choose from when assigning to tourney's....As in anything ref's and coaches alike can always use training and continued education in there field!! Just my two cents........

I think we have to look at a few different things about officials.........do you really think that they are out there without a clue??? I personally know a few ref's and every one gives 100% to saftey of the wrestlers first and foremost....In the heat of a match I'm sure that situations are seen differently then a coach or a "fan of the sport for years", or even if the ref watched a video of the match he just called. There is a way that your voice can be heard about ref's and that is for you to go officate yourself.....There is only a select few ref's out there to choose from when assigning to tourney's....As in anything ref's and coaches alike can always use training and continued education in there field!! Just my two cents........

This isn't rec. or middle school,they are highschool refs,they get paid well and tourneys are supposed to provide the best,when hardware is involved,nobody is perfect,but you had to see it to believe it. I can't say every ref made bad calls,but the same 2 or 3 were awful.(and not only w/ooltewah). if a wrestler bites another wrestler,he should be gone,yet biting another wrestler 3 times and nothing happens,I want to know the definition of stalling is. Great job by owls. Franklin Road acd. was talented w/ only 6 or 7 wrestlers.

This isn't rec. or middle school,they are highschool refs,they get paid well and tourneys are supposed to provide the best,when hardware is involved,nobody is perfect,but you had to see it to believe it. I can't say every ref made bad calls,but the same 2 or 3 were awful.(and not only w/ooltewah). if a wrestler bites another wrestler,he should be gone,yet biting another wrestler 3 times and nothing happens,I want to know the definition of stalling is. Great job by owls. Franklin Road acd. was talented w/ only 6 or 7 wrestlers.

I dont see how biting could be passed over.......stalling is a "judgement" call and if the ref feels something is being worked then he won't call it....if the fan or coach wanted all the stalling calls then we would have very short days for alot of wrestlers

I dont see how biting could be passed over.......stalling is a "judgement" call and if the ref feels something is being worked then he won't call it....if the fan or coach wanted all the stalling calls then we would have very short days for alot of wrestlers

I understand all of that,but go explain the biting NO CALL to ooltewah's 171 pdr. who has bite marks up and down his left arm.,.he showed the ref and the ref did nothing. There's no judgement when the kid BACKED UP for over 4 minutes,not a couple of steps,he walked backwards,all match.It's all over and done with,so let's move on. Ooltewah is looking forward to walker valley thursday.

I've been all around the state and trust me there should of been a lot of stalling calls the other night in that gym up in clarksville, especially at the 171 lb weight class in the finals. The brentwood kids literally backed up 2/3 of the match he did get one take down but that was the only offense he had all night. Then again mid tennessee wrestlers wrestle that way for a reason they know it won't get called. Just an example of how bad one refs idea of a takedown was. both wrestlers were on there feet and one guy got behind the other without the guys hands going to the mat, both wrestlers were still standing. They then went out of bounds and the ref gave the kid a takedown. The coaches protested to the ref that that was not two and the ref said in rebuttle "he got behind him coach" he has to take the kid to the mat to score a takedown. That would work if it was a reversal but not a takedown. The officiating was eye opening. During the finals match when three of the refs were sitting down in chairs to rotate in they had their rule books out looking up stuff. That doesnt seen a very good message to anyone that you know what your doing.

I've been all around the state and trust me there should of been a lot of stalling calls the other night in that gym up in clarksville, especially at the 171 lb weight class in the finals. The brentwood kids literally backed up 2/3 of the match he did get one take down but that was the only offense he had all night. Then again mid tennessee wrestlers wrestle that way for a reason they know it won't get called. Just an example of how bad one refs idea of a takedown was. both wrestlers were on there feet and one guy got behind the other without the guys hands going to the mat, both wrestlers were still standing. They then went out of bounds and the ref gave the kid a takedown. The coaches protested to the ref that that was not two and the ref said in rebuttle "he got behind him coach" he has to take the kid to the mat to score a takedown. That would work if it was a reversal but not a takedown. The officiating was eye opening. During the finals match when three of the refs were sitting down in chairs to rotate in they had their rule books out looking up stuff. That doesnt seen a very good message to anyone that you know what your doing.

Being a former Middle Tennessee wrestler, I'm going to have to go ahead and take offense at your post. Middle Tennessee wrestles that way because they know stalling won't get called? Wow, not insulting one school, but all of Middle Tennessee? This seems like a poor judgment call, considering I'm pretty sure I've seen lots of kids from lots of areas stall and it just makes you sound bitter. Perhaps because you lost to a Middle Tennessee wrestler? Insult the officiating all you want, for all I know it was terrible and so I won't comment on it, but don't you dare insult Middle Tennessee wrestling in the process.

Can we get some names to go with those results?

I can help on the Brentwood vs. Ooletwah wins:

103 - Overmyer wins in a decision

112 - Antypas wins by forfeit

140 - Hoop wins by forfeit

152 - Jack Whiteheads wins by fall

171 - Mustain wins in decision over Young

189 = Croy tech falls Tune

215 - Bridges wins in a decision

275 - Towry loses in a decision to Sliger wresling up.

Help Coach Bray out Ooltewah and fill in the holes!