TOP 10 in 1A

culleokarep

After seein Culleoka lose to a not so great MBA team I would have to say they do not belong in the top 10 at all. I dont know if it was a bad night or what but they did not look very impressive at all. NCS should be put ahead of them.

mba played great defense...they couldnt shoot to save their life...but their defense was awesome...culleoka wasnt exactly strokin the nets themselves...that was one of the worst shooting games of the year they've had....culleoka belongs in the top 10....the game against moore co. on friday will prove that

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after the games on friday im gonna put up a new top 10....theres teams i definately wanted to put up there but again this early in the year its hard to tell what teams have....culleoka and moore co. have a HUGE game on friday...the winner of that one will have a lot of confidence throughout the season

Cully...We'll know more about Lake Co next week..Lake Co plays both Humboldt and Trenton..two teams that a lot of people are picking over Lake Co in our district..

Do not feed me some crap about how Unaka won it like 5 years ago, that was the last time in a while, while and they really should not have won it that year, CPA should have.... but this is the facts.... plain and simple....

Well I hate to burst your bubble, but they hand the state championship trophy to the team that actually DOES win it, not the team that you think SHOULD have won it. CPA didnt win it that cause they were at the HOUSE when the game for the trophy was played. There's a difference in the teams YOU think SHOULD win it, and the team that actually go out there and PROVE themselves and EARN it.... Look @ Union City and Lake County last year: The two "best" teams in the state. Whop-dee-friggin-do. They were sitting at the house before Region tropies were handed out, let alone state trophies. Enough said.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...which team do you associate with?

mr. bigster....if always wanted to see lake co. play but never have...what type of game do they play?

The legend Jimmy Whitby that coached at Obion Central for probably 20 years is the coach..He had some great players there in Robin Cude and both his sons,Denver and Cannon Whitby...These were just 3 among many excellent players he had there.Won a State championship when Cannon was playing..All 3 of these players were known to shoot once they stepped to half-court..Whitby likes shooters and loves the 3 ball...about Lake Co....The past several seasons he's had seasons where he had the talent to win it all..Bad thing is ..Union City and Humboldt dropped down to Single A ,making it one of the tougherst districts in the State..I believe Union City has kept Lake Co from winning a couple state championships..Lake Co in past seasons have had great athletes..Brandon Springer,star quarterback,about 6'2 could jump out of the gym..Sep Valentine,one of the best playmakers and defensive players to ever play at Lake Co..Hustled more than any player we've ever had..Tony Tyler from two years ago is playing at Three Rivers..They played great defense and along wity a player on this years team,Channin Geanes..could run with anybody and was known to give up a lay-up for a 3 ball...Had some great games with U.C.,the past several seasons...came up on the short end most of the time..Believe we are 1-5 against them..but most have been great and close games ,even in losing..But..Lake Co has had their way against Humboldt..I believe 5-1 against them since their return to Single a..but those games have been great as well...And Humboldt was busy beating U.C. during this time..or one of the few teams that has beaten them...Most people have this team as 4th in the district this year because we lost Springer,playing football at U.T.M.,Sep Valentine,and Kevin Copeland,playing footbal at University of Memphis...I believe we're better than they think..but still..Union City is loaded again as well as Humboldt and Trenton..Plus Halls and Greenfield are much improved..Lake Co is led by brothers Channin Geanes and Russel Avery..Channin is about 6'3 and one of the premier players in West Tenn along with M.J.Brown from U.C Justin Blake from Dyer Co.Ricky Taylor from Haywood CoMost people have him in the top 5..Sometimes gets cheap fouls called by reaching..Russel is about a 6'5 junior..that can shoot outside 3 ball and play inside..Very long arms..Plays like 6'8..A sophmore named Patrick Robertson,6'2 can shoot the ball as well..Have a couple big boys down low in Abbot and Pierce, that look like football players..Both probably around 6 foot..220 lbs or more..I look for Carlos Young.a junior speedster to take over Pierce's spot for quickness at the guard spot,especially against a team like U.C. and Humboldt..One other player,sophmore Ron Garret plays a little and is going to be a good one..Lake Co will run..not like last year..but they do get up and down the floor pretty well..They don't have the depth to go past 7 or 8 players and need Channin and Russel on the floor all the time..People think they are lazy on defense but they're not..If Lake Co is playing a lesser opponent and have the game in hand..they may take a little time off and relax ..but against a U.C. or Humboldt..doubt they'll do much of that..Lake Co is a top 10 team or could be a top 10 team..They're not as good as probably the past couple seasons..but not as bad as some may think..They could have been even better as one potential starter at guard isn't playing this year...has had off season trouble and during the football season this year as well..Another,6'6 or 6'7 decided not to play this year after playing the past 2 seasons.With him in the lineup..could have maybe put Channin and Russel at the top of the key in a zone and make players shoot over them and he would have given us height down low..Says he will play next year..Supposedely doesn't want to play with a certain player this year...Lake Co has been rated #2 or 3 the past several seasons and although not as goog probably..but as long as Channin and Russel are on the floor..can beat anyone.

Cully..I/m going to be honest about Lake Co..I believe we can beat Humboldt and U.C. and Trenton but at the same time..could get beat by 10 to 20 points by either of these teams..Seriously..If I were voting..would have U.C. #1 on our end..Humboldt #2 and maybe Trenton or Lake Co 3rd..I'm not counting Manassas or Middleton because I haven't seen them play..I've seen U.C. and Humboldt and they look about like they have the past several seasons..Tough teams..With Lake Co losing Sep and Springer..I'll have to wait and see.I know's there's going to be some close games this year and some losses..Halls and Greenfield are much improved.so along with U.C.,Humboldt,Lake Co,and Trento..Six teams that are pretty good teams..Tougher district this year from top to bottom..I'd have Lake Co farther down..maybe around 8th to 12th ..I think we'll get better toward the end of the year..

I'm not concerned with poll anymore they are a waste of time. They mean nothing. Guess who were the top two single a programs in west tennessee last year.(Lake County and Union City) And on one night they both got beat and upsetted in the region. I'm not going to press on the polls this year because i just wanna make state i dont care if we are the 100 rank team in tennessee in single a basketball. All that matters if we get past district we need to at least win two game to make a substate game. So say what yall want to say about who you think is better. I just wanna be better on one night to upset someone and play on. If anyone say that union city is better than humboldt last year i would say they could be better about 364 out of 365 day but in the region it was that 365th day. Samething with lake county and trenton. Lake county was better than trenton but it was trenton night. So be careful about the polls i think that i rather be a underdog in some of the matchup in region than a favorite. Rank lake county 30 all i care just win when it counts.