Region 3 5A Fans

Nitro14

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i played all my life at coffee county and i love the program. but this post is about who will be stronger and who will be hurt next year. sadly every single team in our region is weaker. cookeville is the only exception because not only do they have many starters returning but every year no matter how many graduate, they are always solid. they had a disappointing season considering they did not host a playoff and had an injured star at tailback when they needed him against coffee county. everyone should know coffee county is losing there entire O-line including 4 year starter at tight end ben aaron, 2 fantastic tailbacks, quarterback, 3 receivers, 4 defensive lineman, linebacker, 2 men in the secondary, and their kicker and punter. the backups are more than capable i know for a fact however it will be a season in need of lots of work with the playbook and physical ability to play. the talks of coach price doesnt help either. luckily, warren county, cumberland county, and franklin county are replacing important players as well. lincoln county is losing moran along with some big lineman other than that im unsure. our region is hurting however i feel our region is blessed with good coaches (except maybe at cumberland county....im sure hes not that bad of a coach but if ur coach wont believe in u noone will.) another problem is our coaches with exception to lincoln and cookeville have little support from their community. coffee county has such a pathetic outlook on their highschool and show pathetic support. everyone is bashing coach price even though he is the most succesful coach we have ever had. i played for him and he made me not just a better football player but him along with his staff helped me become a stronger person and more disciplined student. i know most players in our region feel the same way about their coaches as i felt about mine yet people in the community have to get on board. that being said i know its early but i predicted this season around the same time last year and i was exactly right.here it go's

Cookeville - best group cominjg back

Lincoln County- has best coach experience in region

Coffee County- is hurting but if u work hard like u do every year ull be ok...better beat warren county or youll be hurt

Warren County- could compete against coffee county. keep getting better but u play coffee at coffee this year

Franklin County- rebuilding for 2 years now. dont want to underestimate but if your not in the playoffs this year u better think about investing in a new coach

Cumberland County- coach needs to believe in u along with ur community or ull stay on bottom like pre-price Coffee County

good luck to everyone.....GO BIG RED-Prove me wrong

Manchester-04 .... good post, however, to say Coach Price is the best coach we have EVER had is a little bold. I like Price, I don't agree with some of the things that he does, but I respect his coaching and I believe he has done wonders for the program in general. Region 5A's post was a little more realistic...he said Price is the best coach we have had in his 23 years on this earth...I would agree with that. Ron Crawford wasn't too bad though. .... But Manchester-04 let's take it back to the days of L.D. Carden. Coach Carden coached from 1951-1970 ... take a look at these records.

1951: 4-6

1952: 7-2

1953: 7-3

1954: 3-6

1955: 3-6

1956: 1-8

1957: 6-3

1958: 11-0

1959: 8-2

1960: 4-6

1961: 5-5

1962: 3-6

1963: 4-5

1964: 1-7

1965: 9-2

1966: 10-1

1967: 9-2

1968: 8-3

1969: 10-1

1970: 8-3

121-77 career record ... 11 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, 8 losing seasons, 1 undefeated season, 3 seperate 10+ win seasons.

During the 11-0 season of 1958 Manchester outscored its opponents 269-50 and that included wins over Franklin County, Fayetteville, Shelbyvile and Tullahoma

Coach Carden also compiled a 6-1-2 record in bowl games including wins over Smith County, Franklin, Camden, Chattanooga Tyner, Clarksville and Red Bank...loss against Brownsville and ties with Moore County and BGA.

Coach Carden's teams were really a staple of consistency throughout his tenure. I know football has changed a lot with the Murfreesboro schools and just the landscape in general. But, Manchester04, I would say L.D. Carden is the best football coach we have ever had.

Manchester-04 .... good post, however, to say Coach Price is the best coach we have EVER had is a little bold. I like Price, I don't agree with some of the things that he does, but I respect his coaching and I believe he has done wonders for the program in general. Region 5A's post was a little more realistic...he said Price is the best coach we have had in his 23 years on this earth...I would agree with that. Ron Crawford wasn't too bad though. .... But Manchester-04 let's take it back to the days of L.D. Carden. Coach Carden coached from 1951-1970 ... take a look at these records.

121-77 career record ... 11 winning seasons, 1 .500 season, 8 losing seasons, 1 undefeated season, 3 seperate 10+ win seasons.

During the 11-0 season of 1958 Manchester outscored its opponents 269-50 and that included wins over Franklin County, Fayetteville, Shelbyvile and Tullahoma

Coach Carden also compiled a 6-1-2 record in bowl games including wins over Smith County, Franklin, Camden, Chattanooga Tyner, Clarksville and Red Bank...loss against Brownsville and ties with Moore County and BGA.

Coach Carden's teams were really a staple of consistency throughout his tenure. I know football has changed a lot with the Murfreesboro schools and just the landscape in general. But, Manchester04, I would say L.D. Carden is the best football coach we have ever had.

Crawford is a great coach but he wasn't here long enough to be in this conversation.... The mega-powers of the Carden-Jarrell dynasty are in first, Price is in a very close second however.

Great post Pedo. Coffee County has tradition and has had success in the past. People tend to forget that. That span of 6 straight winning seasons in the late 60s impresses me the most. I cant remember a streak like that in my lifetime.

Cookeville returns the most?

Cookeville graduates 30+ seniors. I'm not sure of

all positions but here's what I do know.

6 OL, HB, 4 WR(2 Starters), Top 4 DE's,

Nose gaurd, 5 DB's (3 Starters), K/P.

But I still think they can compete for a region crown next year.

Cookeville lost 32 seniors after the 2005 season and came back and

won their 3rd region championship in a row so

don't count them out.