Bradley Central in Georgia this weekend

ru4mocs

Bradley's schedule easy? Interesting!!! I guess all the state championships don't mean a thing. It looks like they are doing something right.

It amazes me how the D2 schools cry about D1 schools not wrestling them. I came from a D1 school that did wrestle D2 schools but our situation is different than Bradley's and last time I checked I think they have produced quite a few state championships; individual and team and quite a few collegiate wrestlers to boot.

As much as the rest of us want to hate Bradley you have to admit their schedule isn't easy and not wrestling D2 schools means nothing about their success.

Now being that I'm a former Clarksville High wrestler that was hard to admit but I feel better now. Hope the rest of you do too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if I am wrong, I believe that the bradley bears traveled all the way to memphis a few years ago to compete in a dual tournament hosted by christian brothers(a d2 school) and won. I also believe that they won this tournament by defeating both christian brothers and father ryan(both d2 schools). sounds to me like they are really running from d2 competition huh? so i guess that means that christian brothers and father ryan are easy competition since that is all that bradley puts on their schedule.

correct me if I am wrong, I believe that the bradley bears traveled all the way to memphis a few years ago to compete in a dual tournament hosted by christian brothers(a d2 school) and won. I also believe that they won this tournament by defeating both christian brothers and father ryan(both d2 schools). sounds to me like they are really running from d2 competition huh? so i guess that means that christian brothers and father ryan are easy competition since that is all that bradley puts on their schedule.

Confirmed:

2005 CBHS Duals

Championship Finals

Bradley Central 39, Father Ryan 24

119 ??“ David Mang (BC) beat Bo Yager 18-3

125 ??“ Whit Dunning (F) beat Tanner Withrow 20-3

130 ??“ Matt Culbertson (/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> beat Jake DeMille 11-0

135 ??“ Charlie Oddo (F) beat Ryan Ensminger 15-9

140 ??“ Matt Morales (F) beat Travis Creagan 4-1

145 ??“ Mark Fuller (BC) beat Lee Murphy injury default

152 ??“ Justin Spain (BC) pinned James Mckenzie 2:53

160 ??“ Tyler Mayo (F) beat Steven Crisp 13-9

171 ??“ Aaron Bateman (F) beat Josh Heffington 10-2

189 ??“ Stephan Garrett (F) beat Matt Brooking 7-6

215 ??“ John Sivley (BC) pinned Colton Riley 3:35

275 ??“ Davis Dempsey (F) beat Shawn Grady 2-1

103 ??“ Hunter Randolph (BC) pinned Chase Griffith 3:00

112 ??“ Tanner Johnson (BC) pinned Dan Forte 1:35

Consolation Finals

Collierville 45, CBHS 24

119 ??“ Chris Tisdale (CV) beat David Carney 3-2

125 ??“ Drew Hineborg (CV) pinned Dustin Perry 1:33

130 ??“ Josh Baucke (CB) pinned Evan Wisner 0:25

135 ??“ Josh Riddle (CB) pinned John Kraemer 2:42

140 ??“ David Hunt (CV) beat Ryan Barnett 7-1

145 ??“ Shawn Speroff (CV) pinned Sean McLaughlin 2:49

152 ??“ Ryan Cullen (CV) beat Johnny Holliday 2-0

160 ??“ Brent Lamer (CB) beat Chad Lindahl 7-4

171 ??“ Nick Marable (CB) pinned Paul Turpen 2:21

189 ??“ Daniel Powers (CV) pinned Kevin Feltus 2:54

215 ??“ Brett Rogers (CV) win by forfeit

275 ??“ James Lindow (CV) pinned John Lyons 3:32

103 ??“ William Alsobrook (CB) beat Kent Johnson 6-4

112 ??“ Blake Britcliffe (CV) pinned Carter Watson 1:15

5th place match

Helias, MO 54, Houston 17

7th place match

Homewood, AL 48, Bolton 30

First Round

Bradley Central 55, Helias, MO 14

CBHS 56, Bolton 18

Father Ryan 58, Homewood, AL 21

Collierville 49, Houston 19

Second Round

Bradley Central 68, Bolton 6

CBHS 37, Helias, MO 33

Father Ryan 53, Houston 21

Collierville 46, Homewood, AL 31

Third Round

Bradley Central 49, CBHS 14

Helais, MO 54, Bolton 24

Father Ryan 38, Collierville 34

Houston 41, Homewood, AL 35

if you want to know why Bradley doesn't wrestle DII it's because they dont want to wrestle a school that buys their team. Bradley builds state championship calibur wrestlers year in and year out with their own kids. DII schools find talent first and then build from that. It isn't fair to have kids who aren't even zoned to your area come from all over the state to wrestle for their team when other coaches have to work with what they are given. and that what bradley does... they work with what they are given and they are still as successful as they have been for the past decade.

This is exactly why notre dame went to division I because they were doing things the fair way (not giving out athletic scholarships) and it wasn't fair to wrestle the all-star teams of the other DII squads.

if you want to know why Bradley doesn't wrestle DII it's because they dont want to wrestle a school that buys their team. Bradley builds state championship calibur wrestlers year in and year out with their own kids. DII schools find talent first and then build from that. It isn't fair to have kids who aren't even zoned to your area come from all over the state to wrestle for their team when other coaches have to work with what they are given. and that what bradley does... they work with what they are given and they are still as successful as they have been for the past decade.

This is exactly why notre dame went to division I because they were doing things the fair way (not giving out athletic scholarships) and it wasn't fair to wrestle the all-star teams of the other DII squads.

I like Bradley too and I find it a bit presumputous for someone such as yourself to get on here and pass off your opinion as fact regarding their schedule. If you look a little further up the thread someone has provided results indicating on at least one recent occasion the bears did mix up with the D2s. I suspect you are missing most of the story with Notre Dame's move to D1 as well.

Your assertion " athletic scholarships " are being handed out like candy by D2 schools will come as a real surprise to several families I know who are working their butts off to earn the money to write the checks used to pay for their kids' tuition.

Or it could be that the Bears, family, and friends are tired of being crammed into the Jones wrestling arena for the duals. There isn't enough room for us let alone anyone else. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

OK that EXCUSE won't work because the duals will be held in the Jones Wrestling building and the dome. Furthermore, I would be a bit skeptical of a coach that put the parents seating and comfort situation before their wrestlers getting good competition. I don't think that they do that. I'm sure you've probably heard it said if McCallie and/or Baylor will be there we (Bradley) won't be there and if you haven't heard that then you are probably not as close to the program as you think you are.

I never said Bradley wouldn't wrestle D2, I said since McCallie will be there Bradley will find somewhere else to wrestle. It seems they only have a problem with Baylor and McCallie as they(Bradley) have wrestled D2 schools such as Christian Brothers and Father Ryan.

Easy? In the last 7 or so years, Bradley has been to the VA Duals 3 times. Easy? (placed all three times i believe).

Thanks for confirming what I had originally posted. Bradley will go out of state for great competition whilst there is great competition just down the road. Like I said they gotta be the BIG FISH in a small pond. If they go out of state and lose, it's no big deal. If they lose to someone just down the road then they can't call themselves the BIG FISH.

OK that EXCUSE won't work because the duals will be held in the Jones Wrestling building and the dome. Furthermore, I would be a bit skeptical of a coach that put the parents seating and comfort situation before their wrestlers getting good competition. I don't think that they do that. I'm sure you've probably heard it said if McCallie and/or Baylor will be there we (Bradley) won't be there and if you haven't heard that then you are probably not as close to the program as you think you are.

It is not a safe situation there with wrestlers and fans crowded up on the sidelines and I am fairly sure that they were over on fire code.

It is not a safe situation there with wrestlers and fans crowded up on the sidelines and I am fairly sure that they were over on fire code.

Go back and read my post again. They are wrestling in the Jones wrestling building AND the dome(the gym). 2 separate areas with plenty of room. Again, that EXCUSE won't fly.