How did Mt. Pleasant loses to this team

toto

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zone,

I agree with you. We had not been challenged really defensively until you guys and speed was the key. We had not seen any speed like you guys brought and it was the difference. And when Derrick did get set up to throw, he made a couple of nice throws that normally would be catches but your DB's were there knocking down the passes.

Congrats to your Pirates. They are the best 1A team in the state this year.

Hope to see you again in the Boro.

Thanks. I think our DBs and LBs played very well. Some of the younger guys that played in the 4th qtr got burnt but that how you get better...playing time. I hope we both can make it back. The thought of facing the Region 4 guantlet again with all the good young players they had this year doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun

McKenzie didn't choked (or chock /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) in the State... they just ran up against an exceptional team. I promise you MTP didn't want any of SP. I saw the McKenzie-MTP game. We would have shut Dailey down because MTP has very little blocking and almost no speed except for Dailey. It would have been very, very ugly.

What are you a "Murphy Fair WannaBe?" South Pitt won the state and looked very impressive doing so. McKenzie had an outstanding team as well but on that day South Pitt by far had the better team. Mount Pleasant also had an outstanding team and an outstanding season. Contrary to what Murphy Jr. says MP had exceptional team speed and an outstanding offensive and defensive line. You dont make the semis with "very little blocking" and "almost no team speed." I'm sure you're excited about the team that you follow and the state title they just won. There's no need in you pretending to be all knowing of everything football when you aren't. We scrimmaged SP during Dailey's so and jr years and he ran up and down the field against SP the same as he done against anyone else. I seriously doubt you would have shut him down.The team you support won but that doesnt give you the right to down anyone else's team or their accomplishments.

What are you a "Murphy Fair WannaBe?" South Pitt won the state and looked very impressive doing so. McKenzie had an outstanding team as well but on that day South Pitt by far had the better team. Mount Pleasant also had an outstanding team and an outstanding season. Contrary to what Murphy Jr. says MP had exceptional team speed and an outstanding offensive and defensive line. You dont make the semis with "very little blocking" and "almost no team speed." I'm sure you're excited about the team that you follow and the state title they just won. There's no need in you pretending to be all knowing of everything football when you aren't. We scrimmaged SP during Dailey's so and jr years and he ran up and down the field against SP the same as he done against anyone else. I seriously doubt you would have shut him down.The team you support won but that doesnt give you the right to down anyone else's team or their accomplishments.

Old Pirate says watch there, lets not get too extravigant with all the smoke.

It's obvious that McKenzie was better than MtP because they were playing in the championship not MtP. 50% of getting to the Championship game is doing the right thing on the right night. Otherwise several teams over the years would not have played for the championship. Just ask Livingston Academy. And they won the Gold ball.

McKenzie didn't choked (or chock /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) in the State... they just ran up against an exceptional team. I promise you MTP didn't want any of SP. I saw the McKenzie-MTP game. We would have shut Dailey down because MTP has very little blocking and almost no speed except for Dailey. It would have been very, very ugly.

What he said. South Pittsburg has 5-6 kids that speed wise can hang with Marco. Plus their overall team speed is much better.

If ya'll couldn't even beat us how in the world do you think you could have stood up to a team that methodically dismantled us. Marco is good but, MtP needs a lot more than him to deal with the SP Pirates. It's easy to sit at home and say "we would have done better". Well, next time get there and see how you do then. If you are real lucky you won't have to play a team as good as we did Friday if and when you get there.

From what I saw you do /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just telling it how I see it....MP would not even made it past the first round if they played in SP's spot. If they played in Region 3 they would be 3rd at best. Compared to what we saw this year MP has poor blocking and they weren't very fast with the exception of Dailey. He is an amazing player who made MP a good team. He didn't run up and down the field against this year's team and wouldn't have...we shut down the running of some pretty good backs and QBs who had O lines that blocked a whole lot better than what I saw of MP's. I'm not downing the accomplishments just setting straight an MP fan who posted the question "How did MP lose to this team". Go read the very first post and you will see what the topic is all about. It was started by a MP poster trying to put down a good McKenzie team who beat them. I'm just answering his question truthfully

SP would get crushed. Come on your boys could run with Alcoa or GP give me a break.

We could and would. Alcoa's coaches even said so. I tend to think they have just a little knowledge about football