Shadowens leaving

LSMFT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently not /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wheres lod we know how to close one down /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Sorry I was taking a 'nap'. You know how us OLD folks get when we can't sleep enough.

OK getting up to speed on this thread it has already deteriorated from a simple question to a point where we are 'almost' fighting the Protestant Reformation again. In all my studies of History I never found one reference to Martin Luther ever coaching anything. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The only thing that the religious angle leads to is finding out how to get to 'Heaven'. It used to be simple as you just went to Printers Alley and listened for the loud music and a bar that looked and was really sleezy. From there you just went in and observed the 'Lady' who was taking her clothes off. Unlike football though this was NOT suppose to be a contact sport. Like football, it was fun to watch though. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Now will Coach Shad be leaving Smyrna? I have NO idea and only he knows the answer to that one right now. If I REALLY wanted to know though I would either ask him directly or ask the Principal at MTCS.

The only real pearl of wisdom I can offer is this. "Life is toooo short to dance with UGLY women"!

You might want to double check, you are the one that is wrong. Do an internet search for world religions and Church of Christ will not show up as a religion. As i said before, Church of Christ is a denomination of Christianity. Same as Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, etc.

The CofC in America sprouted up during this country's early days, much as most of the American denominations did. They (CofC) claim to be the one true church tracing back to the days of christ b/c of there belief structure, dogma etc... Speaking purely as a historian, the Catholic Church is the only group that can trace back that far, but I really think you need to mark a line between those times at the council of Nice. It would be more fair to assert that they are a decedent of Martin Luthers....

Yes I was a Church of Christ member and found the dogma as unnecessary as Martin Luther found the Catholic Church wanting.

Sorry I was taking a 'nap'. You know how us OLD folks get when we can't sleep enough.

OK getting up to speed on this thread it has already deteriorated from a simple question to a point where we are 'almost' fighting the Protestant Reformation again. In all my studies of History I never found one reference to Martin Luther ever coaching anything. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The only thing that the religious angle leads to is finding out how to get to 'Heaven'. It used to be simple as you just went to Printers Alley and listened for the loud music and a bar that looked and was really sleezy. From there you just went in and observed the 'Lady' who was taking her clothes off. Unlike football though this was NOT suppose to be a contact sport. Like football, it was fun to watch though. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Now will Coach Shad be leaving Smyrna? I have NO idea and only he knows the answer to that one right now. If I REALLY wanted to know though I would either ask him directly or ask the Principal at MTCS.

The only real pearl of wisdom I can offer is this. "Life is toooo short to dance with UGLY women"!

Great post--I've been to Heaven /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Let me clear this up for all the people on here who think they know what they are talking about. The Church of Christ is non denominational. Trust me, I have grown up in probably the oldest Church of Christ in the Murfreesboro area and my dad is deacon. I have been at church just about every Sunday since I was born, 18 years ago. If you were to ask anyone who has been raised properly in the church and attends regularly you would get the same answer. That being said, as one of the senior football players at Smyrna, I have not been assured of anything. I can see a few reasons why he might leave, MTCS tuition is not cheap by any means and both of his daughters attend school there. However, the private school salary for a teaching job is not near that of public schools. The only way I see him leaving is if the booster club for MTCS would be contributing some extra incentive to make up for the paycut. I don't think that is probable, therefore I think Coach Shad will be staying at Smyrna. Also you have to consider that he played for Smyrna and has brought our program from obscurity to one of the states powerhouses. He has what he has always said is his dream job. Oh and Smyrna is still loaded even with Sonny, Rod, and the rest of our seniors leaving. 3-peat???? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would think that if he coached/taught at MTCS that he would receive free tuition for his children or a seriously huge discount. That could help even out the paycut I would think.

That is what I was hinting at but thanks for clearing it up. I'm not sure if tuition is free for employees kids or just reduced. Hopefully someone else does?

Let me clear this up for all the people on here who think they know what they are talking about. The Church of Christ is non denominational. Trust me, I have grown up in probably the oldest Church of Christ in the Murfreesboro area and my dad is deacon. I have been at church just about every Sunday since I was born, 18 years ago. If you were to ask anyone who has been raised properly in the church and attends regularly you would get the same answer. That being said, as one of the senior football players at Smyrna, I have not been assured of anything. I can see a few reasons why he might leave, MTCS tuition is not cheap by any means and both of his daughters attend school there. However, the private school salary for a teaching job is not near that of public schools. The only way I see him leaving is if the booster club for MTCS would be contributing some extra incentive to make up for the paycut. I don't think that is probable, therefore I think Coach Shad will be staying at Smyrna. Also you have to consider that he played for Smyrna and has brought our program from obscurity to one of the states powerhouses. He has what he has always said is his dream job. Oh and Smyrna is still loaded even with Sonny, Rod, and the rest of our seniors leaving. 3-peat???? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

FYI: Coach Shad has three daughters...... and I am amazed at how much everyone knows about his personal life, now I know who Ringworm11 and Cat are and they both know who I am, so for them to know alot about Philip and his personal life and family doesn't suprise me, but the rest of you? Who are you people????

That is what I was hinting at but thanks for clearing it up. I'm not sure if tuition is free for employees kids or just reduced. Hopefully someone else does?

Okay let's get all of this cleared up in one post. First Coach Shad was born and raised Southern Baptist, their Pastor retired and they were looking for a new church home, since some of their friends and some of their daughters friends go to a Church of Christ church that's where they have been visiting. His wife used to be Church of Christ when they got married she followed her husband to his church.

Did that help at all???

Now tuition is not free for employees children but there is a discount, but just because there is doesn't mean that he is going there, I can promise you.

FYI: Coach Shad has three daughters...... and I am amazed at how much everyone knows about his personal life, now I know who Ringworm11 and Cat are and they both know who I am, so for them to know alot about Philip and his personal life and family doesn't suprise me, but the rest of you? Who are you people????

I wish i knew who this was lol

Okay let's get all of this cleared up in one post. First Coach Shad was born and raised Southern Baptist, their Pastor retired and they were looking for a new church home, since some of their friends and some of their daughters friends go to a Church of Christ church that's where they have been visiting. His wife used to be Church of Christ when they got married she followed her husband to his church.

Did that help at all???

Now tuition is not free for employees children but there is a discount, but just because there is doesn't mean that he is going there, I can promise you.

Thanks for clearing a few things up for folks. Inquiring minds want to know..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />