ALL-TIME GALLATIN FOOTBALL TEAM

BIGGREEN

The next time you talk to Scott ask him if he has learned to handle ketchup bottles at Fuddruckers yet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I Just asked him....He said that a group of people were watching UT play Vandy in Baseball when Todd Helton was there...He said "We decided to grab a quick lunch at Fuddruckers" "I picked up the Ketchup bottle and was shaking it to go on my fries when the lid came off...Covering my food, my arms, my shirt , everything in Ketchup....He said I was so mad I just dropped my tray...He said "everyone who was there is still laughing"....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane Brown Lber 1989

Dwayne Sherlin DB 1989

I used to live in the same subdivision as dwayne he was little but very athletic what kind of high school career did he have wasnt he on the state championship team also what is he doing now

I remember jeff hotl very well he could lay a lick on you...i think woods brothers were some of the best athletes do they continue to ssupport gallatin high school?

I used to live in the same subdivision as dwayne he was little but very athletic what kind of high school career did he have wasnt he on the state championship team also what is he doing now

I remember jeff hotl very well he could lay a lick on you...i think woods brothers were some of the best athletes do they continue to ssupport gallatin high school?

In the mid 90's there was a r.b. named Jeremy McMurry who had a great jr. year but didn't start his senior year,anyone know what happened?

Having watched Gallatin High School football for close to 40 years, there are some players who stand out as the best at their positions.

The best running backs in order to ever don the Green and Gold are:

1) Floyd Jones - He was ahead of his time. He had the best moves and could flat out run. In a class by himself.

2) Carl "Good Baby" Woods - Fast slasher. He hit the holes as fast as anyone I have seen. Did not have the vision that Floyd Jones had.

3) Ronnie "Winky" Malone - Very fast back, Missed most of his senior season with a broken ankle.

4) Lonnie Burch - Big powerful back. Hard to tackle because of his size and leg drive.

5) Mike Hollerman - Big back. If he had been dedicated, he could have been a big time back.

QBs

1) Denver Howell - Big lanky QB with a big arm. Best punter in school history as well.

2) Markell Rice - speed was his game.

3) Jeff Holt - Best safety I saw in high school. Great speed used as a punt returner.

4) Cory Lewis - Very talented high school player. Nice arm.

WRs

1) Thomas Woods - Smooth route runner and great punt returner.

2) Eddie Sherlin - Many say he was the best athlete to ever play at GHS.

3) Arnez Perry - Big WR and hard to catch from behind.

4) Calvin Hall - Another big WR

TE

1) Scott Holt - only tight end that stands out - Clutch player and the best blocking high school TE I have ever seen. He literally launched defenders into the air.

LBs

Ronnie Moon - The football player on a great team

Troy Dunham - If not for Moon, he would have been a household name. Even better as a fullback.

DB

Jeff Holt - Best safety in high school.

Will Malone - Big tall DB. Would have been an outstanding DE.

Markell Rice - One oof the most athletic players in school history

Cory Lewis - great athlete.

Lonnie Alexander - maybe the best athlete to play at Gallatin. Undisciplined but very talented.

Brent Alexander - Solid in high school and went on to professional career.

Ray Oldham - went on to play severral season in the NFL.

In 1978 or 79 when Gallatin won the state it seems in the semifinal game they were down and had to punt and the returner touched the ball or fumbled it and Gallatin recovered.At the time there seemed to be the feeling that there was some controversy over it.I was in grade school,so I never got the specifics.Does anyone know what happened.Also,does anyone know what happened to Jeremy McMurry his sr. year that caused him not to start at t.b.?

I Just asked him....He said that a group of people were watching UT play Vandy in Baseball when Todd Helton was there...He said "We decided to grab a quick lunch at Fuddruckers" "I picked up the Ketchup bottle and was shaking it to go on my fries when the lid came off...Covering my food, my arms, my shirt , everything in Ketchup....He said I was so mad I just dropped my tray...He said "everyone who was there is still laughing"....

Yeah, me, my wife, and our two kids were there. Scott has been a very close friend to us for a long, long, time.

My kids were very small - about 7 and 4 - at the time and they still laugh about that ketchup episode to this day. To Scott's credit, he takes the ribbing in stride.

In the mid 90's there was a r.b. named Jeremy McMurry who had a great jr. year but didn't start his senior year,anyone know what happened?

He was paying his debt to society. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> He came back to play basketball after Christmas and led them to the state tournament in '91. I will not go into why he had a debt to pay.

He was paying his debt to society. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> He came back to play basketball after Christmas and led them to the state tournament in '91. I will not go into why he had a debt to pay.

Thanks for the answer.They were loaded his sr. year and I thought they would be state champs that year.

Wrong McMurray. Mark got in trouble not Jeremy. Jeremy played 91,92,93. He had some injuries his senior season. Mark played in 89 as a junior and was a great athlete.

Wrong McMurray. Mark got in trouble not Jeremy. Jeremy played 91,92,93. He had some injuries his senior season. Mark played in 89 as a junior and was a great athlete.

What exactly happened?I thought he started on defense.I assumed he was in Coach Shorts's doghouse.Do you know what happened in the 1979 semifinal game?

What exactly happened?I thought he started on defense.I assumed he was in Coach Shorts's doghouse.Do you know what happened in the 1979 semifinal game?

As far as the 1979 semi-final game, I heard that Gallatin was close to scoring. The coach sends in a play and the QB changes the play. A fumble happens and Gallatin loses the game. I have no idea if that is true or not. Maybe the history channel could conduct one of those urban myths revealed shows about it and get the true answer. Mark McMurray only played his junior year which was 1989. He got into some trouble and missed his senior year of football, but was able to return for basketball.Jeremy started at tailback his sophmore year which was 1991. He started as a junior and I have heard that he had some issues with the coaches and also some injuries his senior year. I belive he played some defense as well. I am pretty sure he went to MTSU and played some DB before leaving school.