ALL-TIME GALLATIN FOOTBALL TEAM

BIGGREEN

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talk to SCOTT HOLT quite often..and He says THE BEST LINEBACKER HE EVER SAW OR PLAYED WITH WAS RONNIE MOON....Said that Ronnie and Tim Bryant were the two best lbs in the state in 79...Bryant played at Mt.Juliet and Moon played at Gallatin....Said Bear Bryant showed up to watch the game...Gallatin won 2-0 I believe....Said Moon was recruited heavily but had a ROUGH HOMELIFE and moved out....Got into some trouble and gave up football....Walked back on at MTSU and got his strength and weight back and said that he was throwing SR offensive linemen around like rag dolls....Ended up dropping out of school and going into the military.....Said that he is a cop around Springhill I believe...Scott Holt said that RONNIE MOON was the real deal....Some AWFUL good players on the 78 championship team....Lonnie Burch, Floyd Jones, Denver Powell, Holt, Moon...I think he said there were like 8 or 9 players that signed D-1 scholarships....

I talk to SCOTT HOLT quite often..and He says THE BEST LINEBACKER HE EVER SAW OR PLAYED WITH WAS RONNIE MOON....Said that Ronnie and Tim Bryant were the two best lbs in the state in 79...Bryant played at Mt.Juliet and Moon played at Gallatin....Said Bear Bryant showed up to watch the game...Gallatin won 2-0 I believe....Said Moon was recruited heavily but had a ROUGH HOMELIFE and moved out....Got into some trouble and gave up football....Walked back on at MTSU and got his strength and weight back and said that he was throwing SR offensive linemen around like rag dolls....Ended up dropping out of school and going into the military.....Said that he is a cop around Springhill I believe...Scott Holt said that RONNIE MOON was the real deal....Some AWFUL good players on the 78 championship team....Lonnie Burch, Floyd Jones, Denver Powell, Holt, Moon...I think he said there were like 8 or 9 players that signed D-1 scholarships....

The next time you talk to Scott ask him if he has learned to handle ketchup bottles at Fuddruckers yet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lawren Lassiter, QB

Corey Lewis, QB,DB

Denver Howell,QB

Goo Baby Woods, RB

Lonnie Birch, RB

Mark McMurray, RB

T.D. Woods, WR

Calvin Hall,WR

Bubba Dunn, WR

Donnie Maib,OL

Darryl Holt, OL

Jim "Footsie" Grantham, OL